Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kirby’s Dream Collection Special Edition

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 16, 2012

Celebrate the 20th anniversary of the little pink puff ball (known as Kirby) in this six-game compilation for the Wii.

Did nobody else pick this up?

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

#1  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

I only owned a few of the games in this collection (Dream Land 1 and 2 for the Game Boy and Adventure on Virtual Console), so I was pretty excited for this. Played through Kirby's Dream Land 1 and most of Adventure the other day. I'm actually impressed with the amount of effort that went into this package, especially after Super Mario All-Stars Wii was such a disappointment. They even made a Game Boy Virtual Console shell just for this game. The artbook and soundtrack CD are pretty nice too.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I debated about it. I own all the titles except for Dreamland 2 and The Crystal Shards so I figured it would be cheaper to just buy those individually. Do they do enough to justify it if I buy it?

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By psylah

America hates Kirby.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Coafi

I picked it up, there was only one copy in my store, so I jumped on it. For $40 this is an excellent collection and the package is super neat too. The only thing that bugged me was that the package was not sealed, not sure if it was just mine or all of them were like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@psylah

America hates Kirby.

American Kirby is Hardcore.

I already have Kirby Super Star, the best Kirby game.
    ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I was considering it since I have almost no experience playing a Kirby game yet owning almost every Nintendo platform growing up and until now. The only real Kirby experience I have was downloading the original Gameboy title on my 3DS. I had a neighbor growing up though that would get every Kirby title as they came out because he loved the original Gameboy one. I just never had any desire to ever borrow any of them.

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By GoofyGoober

I was thinking about it myself, I really want to play and beat Kirby 64.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@Metric_Outlaw said:

I debated about it. I own all the titles except for Dreamland 2 and The Crystal Shards so I figured it would be cheaper to just buy those individually. Do they do enough to justify it if I buy it?

If you've already have most of them I don't know if there's enough here. The Kirby Timeline is neat but nothing you couldn't find out for free, and I'm sure any new info in the artbook will be integrated into Wikipedia soon enough. There's some new challenge levels using the Kirby's Return to Dream Land engine, but not $40 worth. Soundtrack is nice but only a few tracks are new, it's mostly just a compilation of old tunes. If you're happy with your old versions you're probably better off sticking with them.

WTF_FTW111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WTF_FTW111

I ordered it from Amazon, and am waiting for it to arrive. It will probably arrive tomorrow. I can't wait. :D

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

@Taku128 said:

@Metric_Outlaw said:

If you've already have most of them I don't know if there's enough here. The Kirby Timeline is neat but nothing you couldn't find out for free, and I'm sure any new info in the artbook will be integrated into Wikipedia soon enough. There's some new challenge levels using the Kirby's Return to Dream Land engine, but not $40 worth. Soundtrack is nice but only a few tracks are new, it's mostly just a compilation of old tunes. If you're happy with your old versions you're probably better off sticking with them.

Yea that's figured. Idk I still might jump on it just for the convenience of having them all in one place.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@Metric_Outlaw said:

@Taku128 said:

@Metric_Outlaw said:

Yea that's figured. Idk I still might jump on it just for the convenience of having them all in one place.

That aspect of the collection is definitely nice. All the games in one place, on a console you (probably) still have hooked up to your TV, it lets you play Dream Land 1 and 2 on your TV rather than on a handheld, and there's Wii Remote, Classic Controller and GameCube controller controls for every game, whereas the Virtual Console versions of the SNES and N64 games don't let you use a Wii Remote on its own even though they could map all of the necessarily buttons to it.

Funrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funrush

Oh, wow, this is out already? I need to pick this up.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By DarthOrange

After the half-assed Super Mario All-Stars I decided Fuck Nintendo and their half-assed re-releases. I guess I'll pick it up later on if it is a quality port.

Is it 4:3 or 16:9?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I bought this and then cried myself to sleep at night.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

@DarthOrange said:

After the half-assed Super Mario All-Stars I decided Fuck Nintendo and their half-assed re-releases. I guess I'll pick it up later on if it is a quality port.

Is it 4:3 or 16:9?

All the new stuff like the menus, challenge stages and timeline are 16:9, the old games keep their original aspect ratios but have custom boarders to fill up the rest of the 16:9 screen.

Eribuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By Eribuster

I got one as there is a $10 discount at Fry's Electronics. I haven't played any of the games yet, but the package, art book, and special soundtrack look really nice. A far better anniversary product than the Super Mario one.

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
    nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By nicktorious_big

I just got it! It was pretty cheap on Black Friday so I decided to pick it up! I still have yet to get into it though!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.