Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 14, 2010

Kirby's first console outing since Kirby Air Ride sees our lovable pink hero using the power of magical yarn, rather than his usual inhaling abilities, to explore a world made of arts and crafts.

The Tenant Challenges get kinda nuts, duders.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I can sorta understand people complaining about how Kirby's Epic Yarn is a fluffy game for casuals and babies as it is fairly easy to complete the main story. Exploring levels to find all hidden objects is more of a puzzle than a "challenge" due to the lack of death. Obtaining gold medals in all stages is a nice way to push yourself to play at a higher level, though optional.

However, collecting all of the game's fabrics has had me cussing a blue streak for a few days now. Some of the latter challenges unlocked in that damn apartment ask for zero margin of error, punishing you for even the slightest misstep. It's been a very nice way to breath new life into the game for me, though I'm not nearly that happy about it when I'm being rolled into a snow pile for the thousandth time while trying to unravel and smash dozens of little shitfucks on Buster's Evergreen lift challenge.

The reward for 100% completion is practically nonexistent, but getting there is proving to be a blast along the way and I'm way too close to stop now. Anybody else out there play this thing to completion and find the difficulty curve surprisingly steep at the end?

millionthlayla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yeah, some of them do get pretty tricky. It's been a while, but I remember having to replay some of them multiple times to beat the game 100%. You'll get it!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

Yeah, I went through them, and I hated myself for doing them. I don't know that they're super hard (like, the platforming isn't hard), but I seem to recall the time limits were just real fuckers so if you ever deviate from like the ideal run you're basically fucked.

Don't do it, man, the collectibles in that game are not worth it. Just finish the main story, see the credits roll, and be done with it.

The graphical style in that game is phenomenal; I just wish it had been more interesting to play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.