Save Klonoa!

#1 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Please take this survey and stop Namco from redesigning Klonoa!

www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2qr8HR0wgsGpd4_2f0Yk6kFQ_3d_3d
The new design is horrible, it removes his Pac-Man hat and drastically changes his ears. They're trying to turn him into something you'd expect from a bad cartoon!
#2 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

I did the survey.

#3 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I think he looks awesome now, besides, just how is a lame survey going to do anything?,  Klonoa Wii is done and dusted and will be out in two months time. The hat will likely be there as a unlockable.

#4 Edited by Icemael (6316 posts) -

No, if it was done they wouldn't have this survey. They're probably thinking of bringing over the game to NA and Europe, and are trying to change him into something that will appeal more to western gamers. The survey is to see if people like the new design. We must stop this madness!

#5 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

ehhhh where do they remove the hat?

caption
#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

What's the correct answer for question 6?

#7 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

I just did the survey. The new design does really suck.

#8 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Icemael said:
"No, if it was done they wouldn't have this survey. They're probably thinking of bringing over the game to NA and Europe, and are trying to change him into something that will appeal more to western gamers. The survey is to see if people like the new design. We must stop this madness!"

How many questions on this survey relate to how the character looks?

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"Icemael said:
"No, if it was done they wouldn't have this survey. They're probably thinking of bringing over the game to NA and Europe, and are trying to change him into something that will appeal more to western gamers. The survey is to see if people like the new design. We must stop this madness!"

How many questions on this survey relate to how the character looks?"
All of them. Plus there's a question about how difficult we think the game would be based on the character design. A  very odd question.
#10 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
so this is the the new optional design?
#11 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"Icemael said:

How many questions on this survey relate to how the character looks?"
All of them. Plus there's a question about how difficult we think the game would be based on the character design. A  very odd question."

lol, what!, that's bizarre.

Active link:
www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2qr8HR0wgsGpd4_2f0Yk6kFQ_3d_3d

#12 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

Yeah, I too thought that was a pretty weird question. I guess they want people to think it's easy when they see the character, so more casual gamers will buy it...   still, very odd.

#13 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
Icemael said:
"Yeah, I too thought that was a pretty weird question. I guess they want people to think it's easy when they see the character, so more casual gamers will buy it...   still, very odd."
ehhhh i doubt that that survey is from namco bandai...
#14 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -
Endogene said:
"Icemael said:
"Yeah, I too thought that was a pretty weird question. I guess they want people to think it's easy when they see the character, so more casual gamers will buy it...   still, very odd."
ehhhh i doubt that that survey is from namco bandai..."
Well, it directs you to the NamcoBandai homepage when you're done, and I don't see why anyone would bother to make a fake survey with a fake design...
#15 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
Endogene said:
"Icemael said:

I really doubt it also, this would be on their Namco- B America Inc site.

Changing the main character design to suit western tastes :/ , I don't think so...

EDIT:

Where did you hear about this survey, where did you see it posted?

#16 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
Icemael said:
"Endogene said:
"Icemael said:
Well, it directs you to the NamcoBandai homepage when you're done, and I don't see why anyone would bother to make a fake survey with a fake design..."
the design might have slipped, perhaps it is a optimal thing that will also be in the jap version. Anyway we'll see in 2 months. I added the new design to the concept art gallery with a a note of  "origin unknown".
#17 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Icemael said:
"Endogene said:
"Icemael said:
Well, it directs you to the NamcoBandai homepage when you're done, and I don't see why anyone would bother to make a fake survey with a fake design..."
Forget about where it redirects you to. I want to know where you got this link from. Was it on Namco's official site?
#18 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
LordAndrew said:
"Icemael said:
"Endogene said:
"Icemael said:
Forget about where it redirects you to. I want to know where you got this link from. Was it on Namco's official site?"

It seems RMC at GoNintendo was sent a link-

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/10/30/namco-bandai-exploring-possibility-of-localizing-ruining-klonoa/

It sounds a little odd to me, I cannot fathom why this is not on their official site also ( I have checked).

#19 Posted by Teggles (1 posts) -

For crying out loud. I signed up just to let you know that it is not fake. People signed up to Namco Bandai's mailing list get sent the e-mail. I'm signed up to it and got the e-mail. Here's the entire thing:

In an effort to make our games the best they can be, we welcome user feedback as a part of our game development process. The questions and surveys we ask will be for games you already own and play or for future titles that we are working on.

This is your chance to help shape the future of the games you love.
Klonoa Game Development Survey:

Your opinion makes and difference, so here's your chance to tell us what you think. Please take a moment to fill out this short survey about Klonoa so that we can continue to make great games that reflect what our fans want!

To participate in this quick online survey, please click on the link below.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=2qr8HR0wgsGpd4_2f0Yk6kFQ_3d_3d

Thanks for your help!

NAMCO BANDAI Research Team
http://www.namcobandaigames.com

To unsubscribe from future Namco Nation mailings, please click here

#20 Posted by Lozz (307 posts) -

Seriously guys, this is a remake. They want to give the fans what they want and if we all hate it there is no way they will ever use it. To radically change the lead character design like that is a really huge deal and not something they would ask people on the internet about, it would be a huge corporate decision. The game is made in Japanese on Wii, all they have to do is localize it. It would make no sense to change the character design unless its just an unlockable outfit, which have been confirmed aswell. Namco Baindai know what there doing, Klonoa does not need saving.

#21 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

This game fails. I will take no survey.

#22 Posted by Icemael (6316 posts) -

It doesn't matter either way - the survey has been down for three weeks.

#23 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1915 posts) -

Looks like the survey worked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.