Am I crazy for liking this?

#1 Posted by Michael_J (12 posts) -

Why isn't this on more peoples radars? I really enjoyed Knytt Stories when it first came out. The art style, music and the great platforming controls were the highlights and this new Knytt Underground seems to keep everything that was great about the first while making the game much bigger and more fleshed out.

So why has this gotten no coverage and there is only one (until now) forum post about this game? Does it actually suck? I feel the controls are up there with a super meat boy and the music that evolves each new screen is better then most indie platformers. It is sad I need the internet's validation of my likes/dislikes.... but please validate or invalidate my opinion!

#2 Posted by Nettacki (1320 posts) -

I for one have never heard of Knytt Stories. I bought it only because I had extra PSN cash lying around from the change I gathered and the credit I redeemed from Amazon. It's definitely a really good game from what I've played of it. I think the game's not getting much coverage because it's on the Vita, which can't be sufficiently covered by the GB duders until they get some capture equipment from Sony, if ever, and the fact that it's a low-profile indie game in the first place.

#3 Posted by BlackLagoon (1509 posts) -

@Michael_J said:

So why has this gotten no coverage and there is only one (until now) forum post about this game?

I think the Christmas launch is part of the problem - the entire gaming press is on vacation, so there's been no reviews. Patrick seemed pretty jazzed about the game before release though, so hopefully it'll get a Quick Look at least.

@Nettacki said:

I think the game's not getting much coverage because it's on the Vita, which can't be sufficiently covered by the GB duders until they get some capture equipment from Sony, if ever, and the fact that it's a low-profile indie game in the first place.

Well, though IMO it's a "made for handhelds" kind of game, it is on PS3 and PC too, so that won't be an issue.

#4 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -

You're not crazy! This dude is making better and better versions of his games, they are good!

#5 Posted by bibamatt (1090 posts) -

I think Patrick mentioned it on the Bombcast (or maybe his Twitter?). I downloaded it last night. Seems fun from the 15 minutes or so that I put into it! Looking forward to playing more! EU Vita and PS3 owners, it's free on PS Plus at the moment.

#6 Posted by dr_mantas (2048 posts) -

I think I played Knytt or whatever the original free game was called on my netbook, because it couldn't run anything approaching actual graphics.

I enjoyed it, played it mostly when traveling, on the plane and stuff.

#7 Posted by cosi83 (419 posts) -

Yup! I couldn't get into it

#8 Edited by Nights (619 posts) -

I fucking love Knytt Stories, how does Knytt Underground compare? I really enjoy Nifflas's style when it comes to aesthetics and audio ambience. Knytt Stories is one of the most atmospheric games I've ever played.

#9 Posted by Christoffer (1914 posts) -

You're not crazy (most likely) there's just too many indie game to keep up with. I'm just coming around playing FTL and Hotline Miami (both great games).

Long story short, we don't have the time

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.