Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kodu Game Lab

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 01, 2009

Kodu is a game-creating game for the Xbox 360 from Microsoft.

Kodu looks pretty neat (you know, shown w/ the 12 year old girl)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I think people are overlooking this.  This is a game for the 360 and Windows, and it looks pretty cool.  It's not like LBP where it's strictly a level creator, but instead, well, take a look.  It was actually shown off a while ago under the name Boku.  This was announced before LBP was.  The day before to be exact.

(both somewhat old videos)

---- if this is truly versatile and actual up to the par with a graphic style of programming (which basically means commands which allow for vesatility and allow you to do much anything if you work around it), it should be neat. Looking at the second programming, it should.   Well, at least enough to, well , work around to get whatever.

I'll pick it up if it allows content sharing.

LBP rocks and this should too, in a different way

---->  This isn't going to be full priced.  It's being viewed as an educational game and may be distributed for free or at a cheap price.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I'm down for it, I so want to create my own games.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By coakroach

I'll get it for PC perhaps

mabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mabber

dont forget that that was an acutual 12 year old girl.  none of that fake stuff

x7eleven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By x7eleven

when the first time i`ve seen this, i was like WTF do we really need this?But after watching more i started to like this game looks great

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crunchUK

looks.. NICE

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure

As someone who spent way to many hours in high school "playing" RPG maker 2 I will really be interested in seeing what this can do.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

isn't this funny?  Everyone is replying positivly.

The problem with this game is that they showed things people have created rather than the actual creation.  Cool, a generic level creator for a flash game?  But no, it's essentially RPG maker - scripting + ABC intro to programming for kids + lbp.'
    Should be so fun.  I feel like this is going to be as good as LBP.  Looking at this again, definately getting this.

--- coakroach said:

"I'll get it for PC perhaps"
    Why?  It's made for a controller interface.
    Unless you mean because you don't have a 360, then go ahead.  It's just I think you'd definately want to play with a controller.  It's seems sort of like VP with a mouse, fine, but feels sort of weird (i think)
    deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deathfury

Looks good for people who don't want to learn to code, but I'm not sure how deep it will really be.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

how?  See apple---> move to--->  when bump---> eat --->  When apple is eaten--->  +1         When 10 score is achieved---> display win
    Should be doable for almost anyone.  Probably some indepth things though if you want to.

And by the way, this is actually coming out, for some reason, on the community games channel, which means a maximum price of $10?
    Yep, it's suppose to be a framework essentially.  I could see them making this a full fledged $60 title.

---- And what you're overlooking.  There's a shooting function, a side scrolling function, and a jumping function confirmed.  You know what this means?  A side scrolling platformer shoot em up.  Heck yea!   I'm thinking it's versatile.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By Claude

Hey that chick used to be on G4. I would check this game out. (Reading, Learning, Release and we'll see.)

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By the8bitNacho

I did a lot of really cool things with the variations of RPG Maker for PC, and I had a lot of fun doing it even if I never did really finish any projects.  I'll be interested to see how Kodu turns out.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ well the difference is that RPG maker requires a huge amount of time to make a good project
    In this people like you could make arcade style games.  Really hope they have a repeating function (for the 3 lives your dead high score shooters) + a portal (but in form of domain x = teleport).  Oh the coolness I could do with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.