Bastard!! Online Cancelled

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

The bastards at Tecmo have cancelled Bastard!! Online. Tecmo said that given the amount of time the game was taking, and their forecasts for the game market to come, it decided to cancel the project. 

Bastard!! Online was announced back in 2006 as an MMORPG based off 's Kazushi Hagiwara manga "Bastard!!        

Cancellation Statement:
http://www.bastard-online.jp/

#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

god, the title startled me for some odd reason. anyhow, it's a shame to see a game get canceled, but if it's for the best.. 

#3 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" god, the title startled me for some odd reason. anyhow, it's a shame to see a game get canceled, but if it's for the best..  "

We may have never known.  At least it isn't Starcraft Ghost.
#4 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I actually have some of the Bastard manga in physical form.  I have no idea how they could make a half decent MMO based on it...

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18913 posts) -

There was no way that would survive in the market for very long.

#6 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

Those bastards?

#7 Posted by Colin (707 posts) -

Bastards!!
#8 Posted by DevWil (842 posts) -

Can anybody speak to the gloriousness of these bastards [sic]?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.