Kojima's next game is.....

#1 Edited by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

....Lord of Shadows?

Well, it looks so Ladies and Gentlemen because according to some Video Game Outlets a new silhouette image surfaced showing a character from Kojima's next game which looks identical to the protagonist of Lord Of Shadows. Now we all know that Mercury Steam is developing it, but it might be worth noting that Kojima did express his comfort in working with western game makers, so could this be his big reveal? Or are we just looking at a totally new character?

I'll let you decide.

#2 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Already at least one thread about it.  He wasn't working on that Lord of Shadows before but maybe he is now.  I doubt that's the same announcement as on the 5@E3 page anyways.

#3 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

It's going to be a western localization of this.

#4 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
It's going to be a western localization of this.

He did study Economics you know!
#5 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

I imagine the magazine is riding off of Kojima's name. If said game is true with Kojima's involvement, he might just be a producer, or at least be in a more minor role than with the Metal Gear games.
This doesn't seem like it would fit with the Kojima Productions teaser site, and a new Metal Gear game is supposed to be shown in the next PS3/PSP Famitsu, so i'd think his primary focus would be on that title, working as the director/producer/writer.

#6 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

He's actually picking up Duke Nukem Forever.

#7 Posted by Clubvodka (417 posts) -

Kojima knows (like the rest of the world) that you should always bet on Duke.
Metal Gear Nukem

#8 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

This thread is full of goddamn lies. It's clear that he's making the sequel to Princess Debut: Set 10 years in the future, anthropomorphic rabbits have caused the world to enter a post-apocalyptic state due to a virus they carry which causes people to spontaneously combust on contact. Only Sabrina can save the world through sneak ballet--where she prances from shadow to shadow at remarkable speeds in order to avoid detection from the rabbits.

In stores October 21, 2009.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.