Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy

Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

So, I came across a superb fanmade MGS movie... or at least part 1 of 3 (they don't have the other parts complete yet).

I wrote a pretty lengthy blog about it here.

Here's a tiny snippit:

I've just had the pleasure of sitting down to a viewing of a fan made movie (or rather a part of one) by a group of Italian film school students. The movie, just released to the masses via their website (as of Sept 27, 2009), is based on the characters and myth of the Metal Gear Solid series of video games.

Screenshot of the film "Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy"
Titled "Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy" the movie has been in production on and off for a few years now and the team plans to release it in three parts for free as a tribute to the source and to fans. Part one of the series is subtitled "The Overnight Nation" which introduces us to the character Snake and the group he is currently aligned with "Philanthropy", who's sole mission (in this instance) is to rescue a man of importance from a disclosed location. From this introduction we assume that CG will play a heavy role in the course of the film... and while that is true, the implementation of said effects are less apparent as the picture roles on.

Please check out the blog and if you like what you see, download the movie from their official website (links provided in the blog)

#1 Posted by hush404 (742 posts) -

So, I came across a superb fanmade MGS movie... or at least part 1 of 3 (they don't have the other parts complete yet).

I wrote a pretty lengthy blog about it here.

Here's a tiny snippit:

I've just had the pleasure of sitting down to a viewing of a fan made movie (or rather a part of one) by a group of Italian film school students. The movie, just released to the masses via their website (as of Sept 27, 2009), is based on the characters and myth of the Metal Gear Solid series of video games.

Screenshot of the film "Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy"
Titled "Metal Gear Solid: Philanthropy" the movie has been in production on and off for a few years now and the team plans to release it in three parts for free as a tribute to the source and to fans. Part one of the series is subtitled "The Overnight Nation" which introduces us to the character Snake and the group he is currently aligned with "Philanthropy", who's sole mission (in this instance) is to rescue a man of importance from a disclosed location. From this introduction we assume that CG will play a heavy role in the course of the film... and while that is true, the implementation of said effects are less apparent as the picture roles on.

Please check out the blog and if you like what you see, download the movie from their official website (links provided in the blog)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.