E3 2012: Konami Pre-E3 Press Conference

• 155 results
#1 Edited by Marino (4707 posts) -

Official Giant Bomb E3 Konami Banner provided by @ShadowVirus

The Official E3 2012 Konami Press Conference Discussion

It's officially E3 time, duders! Even with that Bombcast teaser on the front page for the last six months, E3 still kinda snuck up on us. It's a...mystery? If you haven't experienced the insanity of E3 before, the show starts off with press conferences from each of the three console makers as well as a few of the largest publishers in the industry. These presentations are prime real estate for game announcements, debut trailers, live gameplay demonstrations, and meme origins.

In an attempt to keep the E3 shenanigans organized, the mods institute these official discussion threads for each conference so that everybody has a go-to place to discuss them before, during, and after the show.

Keep Discussions On Topic

This thread is exclusively for the general discussion of the Konami press conference. Only discussion of the Konami press conference is allowed. Discussion involving the other company's conferences should be taken to their respective threads (once they're posted). And don't even think about going off-topic or derailing the thread with your predictions for your local soap box derby race.

Specific Announcements

E3 is THE place for announcing never before seen games. It's exciting, fast-paced stuff and we're all enthusiastic to start talking about all the new toys. But, please keep in-depth discussions about specific games in their respective forums. For more information about how to help us keep things organized, go check out the E3 2012 and You! thread.

To help you get where you need to go to talk about anything announced or shown during this press conference, we have created a list of them right here:

Common Sense

Despite the insanity of E3, keep in mind that the general site rules still apply. So, don't be a dick. If you need a refresher on to conduct yourself like an upstanding citizen of the Giant Bomb community, check out the FAQ.

Where Can I Watch?

If you know of any others, let me know!

Staff
#2 Posted by marcmann2 (21 posts) -

Unless I'm missing something, according to G4TV's page they aren't showing the press conference until 12:00 Noon PDT tomorrow.

#3 Posted by JeanLuc (3585 posts) -

Oh good I didn't miss it right?

#4 Posted by Nightriff (5094 posts) -

Anyone know what time it will be on here? Like 2 AM PT? And also that picture says May 31st is a Monday, I believe 5/31 is today which is.....Thursday, right?

#5 Posted by RecSpec (3821 posts) -

Fingers crossed for a Metal Gear Online follow-up.

#6 Posted by drowsap (682 posts) -

so where can i go to watch it live when i go to the konami link all i get is a weird battle page

#7 Posted by Marino (4707 posts) -

For those who are time-zone-challenged, it should begin in 2.5 hours.

I've added a link to GameTrailers, which should have it available as well. (site doesn't show it yet though, obviously)

Staff
#8 Posted by Daniel_Newton (1166 posts) -

"Monday - May 31st" ...wait, what?

#9 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -
#10 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Sorry konami the timezone won good night y'all.

#11 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I'm still up. Playing some Shadows of the Damned to kill time.

#12 Edited by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

@Hector: Great game! I just finished that myself recently.

@theveej: Also:

#13 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I am preparing to push the limits of tolerated dickery on anyone badmouthing Lords of Shadow for any reason other than it's awful name. But seriously, I don't understand the hate for that game and am on the edge of my seat waiting for all announcements Castlevania.

#14 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

As crazy as this will be, the real craziness is the Ubisoft conference. I'm very much looking forward to the absurdity of that one.

#15 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@Daniel_Newton said:

"Monday - May 31st" ...wait, what?

I just realised this too...

#16 Edited by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

My body is ready.

#17 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

extreeeeeeme

#18 Posted by mosespippy (4189 posts) -

Last year I didn't stay up to watch and I really felt bad for missing it when all the highlights made the rounds in the morning so this year I'm staying up.

#19 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1727 posts) -
He's gearing up for E3 the only way he knows how.  
#20 Posted by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

If I'm correct, GTTV is showing some of the Konami conference here in about 13mins before it's available in its entirety...right?

#21 Posted by PatVB (329 posts) -

Does anyone know if the chat is going to be open?

#22 Posted by Wacomole (819 posts) -

I wonder if there is an equivalent of the Fake Peter Molyneux on Japanese Twitter doing Tak Fujii tweets.

#23 Edited by Hector (3365 posts) -

The madness will soon begin!

#24 Posted by Maajin (1066 posts) -

@Hector: Where? Shoud I be seeing soume counter on GTTV's website or Konami's?

#25 Posted by bcjohnnie (442 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

He's gearing up for E3 the only way he knows how.

Pretty sure this alone justifies Twitter's existence. I will be come indeed.

#26 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2156 posts) -

@Hector said:

10 mins till the madness begins!

Isn't it at 10:30 PST?

#27 Edited by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -
#28 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Hector said:

You're right, oops!!! lol

It's at 10:30PST.

#29 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Posted by Maajin (1066 posts) -

@Hector said:

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Hector said:

You're right, oops!!! lol

It's at 10:30PST.

Thanks... Just wondering if you guys are already seeing anything. Some player or banner counting down to the conference or something. I'm from Brazil, so I'm worrying they might block viewers from here...

#31 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -

@EvanFavreau said:

Starting at 10PST. --> http://www.spike.com/articles/p4ime9/gttv-spike-tv-and-gametrailers-to-debut-konamis-second-annual-pre-e3-show-2012

damn don't have spike tv :(

#32 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@MAN_FLANNEL said:

LINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Links at the bottom of the first post.

#33 Posted by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

@theveej said:

@EvanFavreau said:

Starting at 10PST. --> http://www.spike.com/articles/p4ime9/gttv-spike-tv-and-gametrailers-to-debut-konamis-second-annual-pre-e3-show-2012

damn don't have spike tv :(

Yeah I figure a lot of people may not. Don't know if those of us watching whatever they show should refrain until the full stream. Don't want to ruin the gloriousness.

#34 Posted by Silver-Streak (1363 posts) -

Aw, no Spike TV here, and doesn't appear to be any functioning streams of it anywhere.

#35 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

The spike tv thing is not just Konami. They are showing Lords of Shadow 2. A new Star Wars game. The LOTR MOBA game. Tomb Raider and other stuff. It is 30 min starting now.

Edit: Star Wars 1313 is a 3rd person bounty hunter game. The game might be cool but these interviews are boring. They are talking about new lighting tech.

#36 Posted by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

@TentPole said:

The spike tv thing is not just Konami. They are showing Lords 2. A new Star Wars game. The LOTR MOBA game. Tomb Raider and other stuff. It is 30 min starting now.

Star Wars: 1313. Bobba Fett? Whatever, if it's not Konami I don't caaarrreee.

#37 Posted by AuthenticM (3734 posts) -

No link seem to work! The first one says "round 3 to begin 2nd june", and the two others don't say anything regarding Konami at all.

#38 Posted by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

Now the longest, least-informative CG LOTR trailer you've ever seen. Looks like all the Konami stuff on GTTV is just new footage of Revengeance and Lords of Shadow 2. Not even from the press conference itself, I imagine.

#39 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

I am cool with new footage of Revengeance and Lords 2.

@AuthenticM: Konami Press Conference doesn't start for 30 min. Things should show up then.

#40 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

I'm assuming that this will be a live press conference, unlike last year. I can see no other reason why it would be held at such an odd time for western journalists

#41 Posted by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

I'm assuming that this will be a live press conference, unlike last year. I can see no other reason why it would be held at such an odd time for western journalists

I agree. And I think it has so much more potential if it's live.

#42 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

It's at an odd time because it's only meant for those that are extreeeeme.

#43 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Yep, RIsing looks great.

I hope Castlevania shows gameplay.

Edit: Nope, but whip wielding Dracula vs Sephiroth sword Alucard is cool. Wonder which one we play.

#44 Posted by EvanFavreau (73 posts) -

You guys, imagine a MGS character action game. That is what Revengeance is. Raiden and Campbell voices in the trailer. Lots of "after the Patriots" and "the battle within" talk.

#45 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

or its just Konami being Konami..........

#46 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Alucard with the sword right?

#47 Posted by AuthenticM (3734 posts) -

I just want to see Revengeance.

#48 Edited by Silver-Streak (1363 posts) -

@TentPol#: Wait, Was it not for the 3DS game? Are they making another Lords of Shadow for console? THIS WOULD MAKE ME VERY HAPPY.

#49 Posted by Quarters (1711 posts) -

Rising looked great. Castlevania, even though it was just CG, was phenomenal. Feels so epic.

#50 Edited by Soapy86 (2622 posts) -

Rising looks awesome. I want it so bad it hurts.

And I wish I could play Lords of Shadow. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.