Praise Be, Konami's Doing Another Pre-E3 Press Conference

• 136 results
Posted by patrickklepek (6012 posts) -

Yes, friends, it’s true: Konami is holding another pre-E3 press conference. This is amazing news. It’s happening on Thursday, May 31 at 10:30 p.m PST and will be streamed live on Konami’s website.

No details on what the company will actually show, with the press release only teasing “advance showings of the new releases, exclusive game trailers and insightful interviews of key titles.” So, E3 stuff.

It remains unclear whether Konami knows the real reason people watch their pre-E3 (or during E3, as is the case with the video above) press conference, but we’ve gotten at least one really amazing moment each year, so you, me, and everyone else will be tuning in. What will be this year’s transfarring, this year’s one meeeeeeellion troops?

It’s a good bet Metal Gear Rising: Revengence will be shown in some capacity, but what about Hideo Kojima’s secretive Project Ogre? What happened to that WayForward-developed Silent Hill game for Vita that was supposed to come out in March? Konami has been teasing out what might very well be a sequel to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and details on the Lords of Shadow-connected spin-off on 3DS have started making the rounds.

If nothing else, we’ll probably get some good tweets from ol’ Tak Fujii. Are you following him on Twitter? You should.

#1 Posted by patrickklepek (6012 posts) -

Yes, friends, it’s true: Konami is holding another pre-E3 press conference. This is amazing news. It’s happening on Thursday, May 31 at 10:30 p.m PST and will be streamed live on Konami’s website.

No details on what the company will actually show, with the press release only teasing “advance showings of the new releases, exclusive game trailers and insightful interviews of key titles.” So, E3 stuff.

It remains unclear whether Konami knows the real reason people watch their pre-E3 (or during E3, as is the case with the video above) press conference, but we’ve gotten at least one really amazing moment each year, so you, me, and everyone else will be tuning in. What will be this year’s transfarring, this year’s one meeeeeeellion troops?

It’s a good bet Metal Gear Rising: Revengence will be shown in some capacity, but what about Hideo Kojima’s secretive Project Ogre? What happened to that WayForward-developed Silent Hill game for Vita that was supposed to come out in March? Konami has been teasing out what might very well be a sequel to Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and details on the Lords of Shadow-connected spin-off on 3DS have started making the rounds.

If nothing else, we’ll probably get some good tweets from ol’ Tak Fujii. Are you following him on Twitter? You should.

#2 Edited by slowdevelopment (17 posts) -

hey

OMG FINALLY

#4 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME

#5 Posted by Ouren (136 posts) -

Praise the sun!

#6 Posted by heatDrive88 (2383 posts) -

Japan, never stop being Japan.

#7 Posted by Ravelle (1375 posts) -

I can't wait for the awkward silences.

#8 Posted by BonOrbitz (2243 posts) -

YES! It wouldn't be E3 if I didn't feel embarrassment for Konami.

#9 Posted by AxleBro (798 posts) -

will you guys watch it during TNT like last year when you watched the mega64 transfarring thing live? that was AMAZING. your reactions made it even funnier.

#10 Posted by alibson (165 posts) -

This year it's TWO MILLION TROOPS.

#11 Edited by nan0fear (82 posts) -

Can't wait for some pure uncut Transfarring wee.

#12 Posted by Toxin066 (3321 posts) -

Recorded: Three weeks ago.

Has anyone heard anything from the Mega64 guys? Will transfarring make a triumphant return?

#13 Posted by TechnoSyndrome (950 posts) -

I hope it's an actual press conference this time, and not a pre-recorded thing that just goes up at 10:30.

#15 Posted by kamen24 (49 posts) -

You will be sucked.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

Will we get to see it on youtube before the stream starts on konami's site?

#17 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

It's going to be cringe-worthy, because Konami is still a terrible company.

I wish that wasn't the case, but it is. They are the living worst.

#18 Posted by Fattony12000 (7594 posts) -
#19 Posted by Begilerath (175 posts) -

"Because there has to be, right?" ...for a moment there I thought this was written by Alex a not Kleptop Tricky Scoops.

#20 Posted by Draxyle (1888 posts) -

I was so sad that they pre-taped last years press conference, and I assume they'll do the same this year.

The 2010 Konami press conference embodied everything that makes E3 incredible.

#21 Posted by mrpandaman (870 posts) -

I kind of wish that Ubisoft and Konami would just do their E3 conferences together... imagine what Transfarring and whatever Ubisoft does could become.

#22 Posted by TeenageJesusSuperstar (171 posts) -

SO EXCITED!

#23 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

Oh, snap.

#24 Posted by smitty86 (700 posts) -

If there is a god, this will be the debut of Transfarring 2.0.

#25 Posted by Sidfiou (76 posts) -

The conference two years ago was so bizarre that I don't know how they'd top it. I can only hope it somehow involves Tak Fuji and Mega64 again.

#26 Posted by Wikitoups (869 posts) -

Too bad it's at 10:30pm I would have like to see giant bomb watching the konami press conference like last year.

#27 Posted by Wacomole (837 posts) -

That is indeed Transfarr-kin' excellent news!

#28 Posted by Legendary (139 posts) -

Show what exactly Enders Project is please.

#29 Posted by Winternet (8035 posts) -

And I thought I had to wait until the Ubisoft press conference to get my dose of craziness. Thank you Konami.

#30 Posted by umdesch4 (773 posts) -

Perfect timing. I was just looking at my folder of press conference videos from last year, and wondering if Konami would be back. I was just about to search it out, but now I don't have to. Thanks Patrick!

#31 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

I hope its as bad as always lol

#32 Posted by Sammo21 (3437 posts) -

The biggest shocker they could announce: We know how to make Silent Hill games good again (as a dude violently stares at another man's neck).

#33 Posted by patrickklepek (6012 posts) -

@Wikitoups said:

Too bad it's at 10:30pm I would have like to see giant bomb watching the konami press conference like last year.

:(

#34 Posted by Vexxan (4623 posts) -

Lovely.

#35 Posted by 49th (2817 posts) -

I really hope that 3DS Castlevania is not 3D 3D. That would be the worst.

#36 Posted by Batmeng (200 posts) -

Oh, god. Yes.

I am touching my pants right now.

#37 Edited by Brackynews (4094 posts) -
#38 Posted by RedRoach (1206 posts) -

@patrickklepek said:

@Wikitoups said:

Oh man, I never saw that. Is there an archive anywhere?

#39 Posted by Little_Socrates (5693 posts) -

Was super-worried this wasn't happening. So excited.

#40 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@patrickklepek said:

@Wikitoups said:

You mean watching the stream not work.

#41 Posted by SuperKcross (89 posts) -

@RedRoach:

Here you go

They only got a part of it but its a great part

http://www.giantbomb.com/thursday-night-throwdown-060211/17-4203/

#42 Edited by Fattony12000 (7594 posts) -

So this video just went up on YouTube... 

BUT NOT ON THE FRONT PAGE!? DAMN SON!?
#43 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

We're all getting sucked!

#44 Posted by andygazi (101 posts) -

Cant wait, really enjoyed last years.

#45 Edited by rachelepithet (1392 posts) -

#46 Posted by Legend (2660 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

We're all getting sucked!

Fuck yeah!

#47 Posted by dudeglove (8153 posts) -

#48 Posted by jakob187 (21731 posts) -

@Ouren said:

Praise the sun!

#49 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

Hack and Srash, Rock and Rorr!

#50 Posted by TheMasterDS (2121 posts) -

Livestream a viewing party of it again please.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.