Koopa is a concept?

#1 Posted by RoonilWazslib (26 posts) -

So we're saying Koopa is a concept because he's a common enemy. Should there be a separate character page for the Koopa that's a playable character in all the Mario Sports games?

#2 Posted by mr_tickles (185 posts) -

I was wondering about that too. 

What do you do when a character is also a species? 
#3 Posted by DuckofDoom (49 posts) -

Koopa is not an individual it's a group and therefore a concept. Koops from Paper Mario: T would be a good example of a koopa who would be considered a character.

#4 Posted by twenty0ne (3071 posts) -

I submitted Koopa as a character...

#5 Posted by Jensonb (1722 posts) -

We really need a races section.

#6 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

yeah as a race the koopa is a concept like goomba should be but for some reason it has its own character page

#7 Posted by mr_tickles (185 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that goomba had a character page and it threw me off.  A races or species section would be good.

#8 Posted by RoonilWazslib (26 posts) -
DuckofDoom said:
"Koopa is not an individual it's a group and therefore a concept. Koops from Paper Mario: T would be a good example of a koopa who would be considered a character.
"
That's an example, but what I was saying was do we consider the Koopa from the Mario Sports games a character or just a concept. He's a member of the Koopa race, but is a playable character. You can also generally play as Red Koopa or Green Koopa.
#9 Edited by Froogin (9 posts) -
RoonilWazslib said:
"DuckofDoom said:
"Koopa is not an individual it's a group and therefore a concept. Koops from Paper Mario: T would be a good example of a koopa who would be considered a character.
"
That's an example, but what I was saying was do we consider the Koopa from the Mario Sports games a character or just a concept. He's a member of the Koopa race, but is a playable character. You can also generally play as Red Koopa or Green Koopa.
"

That's a really good point, now I have way more info to hurt my head.
#10 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

That makes since...Koopa is a concept, but bowser is a character (King of the Koopas)

#11 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -
Jensonb said:
"We really need a races section.
"
Here's the answer.
#12 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Huge mistake, koopa is the collest character ever too

#13 Posted by Protocol (56 posts) -

It sounds very trippy if you think about "How do I define the koopa.... as a concept...?" or maybe I'm just tired. ;)

#14 Posted by chililili (1328 posts) -
RoonilWazslib said:
"DuckofDoom said:
"
"
What about the Koopa that you race in Super Mario 64? I mean that is a real character that you interacted with, it just a very complex thing when an entire species looks and is named the same kinda like the couches in Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
#15 Posted by RoonilWazslib (26 posts) -

Looks like this has been resolved? A Koopa character page has been approved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.