Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Korea

Location » linked to 44 games

The peninsula west of Japan. Divided into the Republic of Korea (South), and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North).

If you are in S-Korea you need to get the fuck out of there now!

• 50 results
    JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JudgeDread
    In an announcement on state-run television, the country said it was ready to step up efforts to develop nuclear weapons and poised for a military response to any moves against it.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/18/nkorea.threa...

"The Korean People's Army will consider sanctions to be applied against the DPRK under various names over its satellite launch or any pressure to be put upon it through 'total participation' in the PSI (Proliferation Security Initiative) as a declaration of undisguised confrontation and a declaration of a war against the DPRK," the announcement on state TV said.

"Now that the group officially declared confrontation and war against the DPRK, its revolutionary armed forces will opt for increasing the nation's defense capability including nuclear deterrent in every way, without being bound to the agreement adopted at the six-party talks," it continued, apparently referring to the Security Council.

Referring to South Korean President Lee Myung-bak, the statement added, "The Lee group of traitors should never forget that Seoul is just 50 kilometers (31 miles) away from the Military Demarcation Line."
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

edit: misread the title

South Korea would probably opt for a zergling rush anyway.

Psych0Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Psych0Penguin

um don't you mean North Korea? North and South are different countries

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JudgeDread

No South-Korea. Even if North Korea does not have atomic weapons (yet), they do have a shitload of artillery capable of obliterating Soul and other major cities of South Korea in less than one hour. Oh, and one of the worlds largest armies as well.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By RichardLOlson
    Well I feel that south korea might take there chances in taking on the US, but they won't win.  I would think the russians would beat us.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By eclipsesis
    RichardLOlson said:
    "Well I feel that south korea might take there chances in taking on the US, but they won't win.  I would think the russians would beat us.
    "
    wow you must think a lot of the US defences and armed forces, to say that they may be some of the largest in the world but they are the least proffesional and least skilled among the worlds modern armies.
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By LaszloKovacs

My brother was an MLRS operator on the border in South Korea. Each MLRS unit can flatten a square kilometer at a moment's notice.

Believe me, if North Korea ever started anything, they would be steamrolled in minutes by South Korean and US forces.

... Not to mention that the US navy could surround the peninsula, or the fact that North Korea has never has a successful missile launch or that their military is technologically inferior.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose
    LaszloKovacs said:
    "Believe me, if North Korea ever started anything, they would be steamrolled in minutes by South Korean and US forces."
    You clearly have no idea of how well prepared the North Korean army is.
    MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MC_Izawa
    eclipsesis said:
    "RichardLOlson said:
    "Well I feel that south korea might take there chances in taking on the US, but they won't win.  I would think the russians would beat us.
    "
    wow you must think a lot of the US defences and armed forces, to say that they may be some of the largest in the world but they are the least proffesional and least skilled among the worlds modern armies."
    How can you make a claim like that?  I have no way to prove you right or wrong, but I doubt you have any facts to support the idea that our troops are less professional or skilled than any other nation.
    Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    Aurelito said:
    "LaszloKovacs said:
    "My brother was an MLRS operator on the border in South Korea. Each MLRS unit can flatten a square kilometer at a moment's notice.Believe me, if North Korea ever started anything, they would be steamrolled in minutes by South Korean and US forces."
    What does it have to do with the U.S? two nations in far east fight, one loses and one wins. Some niggers should change their politics."
    I'm willing to bet you're either incredibly dumb, not in high school yet, or both.
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    Black_Rose said:
    "LaszloKovacs said:
    "Believe me, if North Korea ever started anything, they would be steamrolled in minutes by South Korean and US forces."
    You clearly have no idea of how well prepared the North Korean army is. "
    What makes you think that South Korea isn't? Both sides have been preparing to end a potential conflict as quickly as possible since the last war ended.
    MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MC_Izawa
    Black_Rose said:
    "LaszloKovacs said:
    You clearly have no idea of how well prepared the North Korean army is. "
    I dunno, they're an army full of conscripts who fight for the crazy personality cult that has most of their fellow countrymen starving in a hut somewhere.  I bet they're trained to follow a specific plan if an invasion was ever called for, but they'd scatter when those plans are shattered in real combat.  No one wants to risk their life for the crazy asshole who keeps them poor and hungry.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HandsomeDead

How has no one mentioned China getting involved yet? NK is right on their border and they must be getting something of worth from Kim Jong Il if they basically power his country.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aurelito
    Crayola said:
    "Aurelito said:
    "LaszloKovacs said:
    "My brother was an MLRS operator on the border in South Korea. Each MLRS unit can flatten a square kilometer at a moment's notice.Believe me, if North Korea ever started anything, they would be steamrolled in minutes by South Korean and US forces."
    What does it have to do with the U.S? two nations in far east fight, one loses and one wins. Some niggers should change their politics."
    I'm willing to bet you're either incredibly dumb, not in high school yet, or both."
    I'm not a nerd with stop the war t shirts and shouting bullshit on the streets and my parents weren't vegetarians. I'm seeing it logically. why does an army fight for traceless things? I'm not an ignorant anti-American bitch as well but U.S politics considering wars were rather irrational lately.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Black_Rose
    MC_Izawa said:
    "I dunno, they're an army full of conscripts who fight for the crazy personality cult that has most of their fellow countrymen starving in a hut somewhere.  I bet they're trained to follow a specific plan if an invasion was ever called for, but they'd scatter when those plans are shattered in real combat.  No one wants to risk their life for the crazy asshole who keeps them poor and hungry."
    Read a fucking book about the subject and then comeback to talk please, you clearly have no clue of what you're talking about.

LaszloKovacs said:
    "What makes you think that South Korea isn't? Both sides have been preparing to end a potential conflict as quickly as possible since the last war ended."
    I never said they weren't. But the North Korean goverment is almost exclusively dedicated to the armamentist race, plus they have one of the biggest and most organized armies (sp?) in the world. If a war ever starts I would bet all my money on North Korea winning, even if SK has the US backing them up.   

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    Aurelito said:
    "Crayola said:
    "Aurelito said:
    "LaszloKovacs said:
    I'm willing to bet you're either incredibly dumb, not in high school yet, or both."
    I'm not a nerd with stop the war t shirts and shouting bullshit on the streets and my parents weren't vegetarians. I'm seeing it logically. why does an army fight for traceless things? I'm not an ignorant anti-American bitch as well but U.S politics considering wars were rather irrational lately."
    It's because the US has had a sizable force on alert there since the end of the Korean War over 50 years ago.

And you're right, you're not a nerd. You're either functionally retarded or failing out of high school.
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    Black_Rose said:
    LaszloKovacs said:
    "What makes you think that South Korea isn't? Both sides have been preparing to end a potential conflict as quickly as possible since the last war ended."
    I never said they weren't. But the North Korean goverment is almost exclusively dedicated to the armamentist race, plus they have one of the biggest and most organized armies (sp?) in the world. If a war ever starts I would bet all my money on North Korea winning, even if SK has the US backing them up.    "
    I know that they have a larger force but unless one of the countries on the mainland gets involved (in which case this becomes much larger than just a Korean issue anyway), they're stuck on a peninsula surrounded by hostile forces with no working long-range weaponry. I don't think they have the technology to make good use of the size of their military.
    GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By GreggD
    LaszloKovacs said:
    "Aurelito said:
    "Crayola said:
    "Aurelito said:
    "LaszloKovacs said:
    I'm not a nerd with stop the war t shirts and shouting bullshit on the streets and my parents weren't vegetarians. I'm seeing it logically. why does an army fight for traceless things? I'm not an ignorant anti-American bitch as well but U.S politics considering wars were rather irrational lately."
    It's because the US has had a sizable force on alert there since the end of the Korean War over 50 years ago.And you're right, you're not a nerd. You're either functionally retarded or failing out of high school."
    HA!
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    GreggD said:
    "HA!"
    http://www.instantrimshot.com/
    shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shulinchung

Doesn't the US have the biggest military budget in the world?  Would a large army be any good if the opponent has dominant air superiority?
    If the kill/death ratio of the US military in recent warfare means something, then North Korea probably needs a military force tens of times larger then the US to make a stand.
    And if it is North Korea that starts the war first, I believe the US will not be the only country backing up South Korea. UN will interfere.  Even China will be forced to take side with South Korea in order to show their stance against invading.

According to Jane's magazine, the US military ranked top in all category, including overall ranking, air force ranking, navy ranking, and army ranking.
    North Korea ranked 10th in overall, both 13th in air force and navy, and 8th in army.
    South Korea ranked 11th in overall, 16th in air force, 12th in navy, and 10th in army.
    Statistic says that the chance for North Korea to win is very slim.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JudgeDread
    shulinchung said:
    "Doesn't the US have the biggest military budget in the world?  Would a large army be any good if the opponent has dominant air superiority?If the kill/death ratio of the US military in recent warfare means something, then North Korea probably need a military force tens of times larger then the US to make a stand.And if it is North Korea that start the war first, I believe the US will not be the only country backing up South Korea. UN will interfere.  Even China will be forced to take side with South Korea in order to show their stance against invading.According to Jane's magazine, the US military ranked top in all category, including overall ranking, air force ranking, navy ranking, and army ranking.North Korea ranked 10th in overall, both 13th in air force and navy, and 8th in army.South Korea ranked 11th in overall, 16th in air force, 12th in navy, and 10th in army.Statistic says that the chance for North Korea to win is very slim."
    First. North Koreas Army is concentrated in North Korea. The US army is thinly spread out all over the world, mostly where there are rich amounts of oil. They are involved in at least two wars and active in several conflicts. If the US would leave Iraq with a minimum of forces Iran would be quick to take advantage, forcing Isral to join the conflict. etc. etc. Weakened US presence in Afghanistan and (pakistan) would increase the clashes and possible lead to a civil war and as well greatly increase the chance for an increased conflict between India and Pakistan regarding Kashmir. China would probably stay out of the conflict or side with south korea (since they gain nothing from their relationship with north korea). Though if North Korea were attacked first they might help North Korea. If China would help defend south korea they would probably try to conquer parts of north korea which would act as a hot bed for future conflicts. If China gets involved in the conflict Taiwan might take a chance and separate even further from china which would force china to react (defend their territory, i.e. taiwan).  And if Japan and China (archenemies due to the atrocities of Japan during WW2) would come close to crossing swords well... then all hell would break loose. And I have not even covered the possible events in south america or previous soviet.
    Which brings me to the second point...

Second: There would be no winners in this war.
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    JudgeDread said:
    ... forcing Isral to join the conflict.
    This is happening anyway:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6115903.ece

As for the US forces being spread thin, it's true that almost all the US special forces are tied up in Iraq. But there is still a large navy that could be (and has been: http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/26/north.korea.us.ships/) mobilized. Not to mention all the US forces already on the ground at or near the DMZ.
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Rose
    JudgeDread said:
    "First. North Koreas Army is concentrated in North Korea. The US army is thinly spread out all over the world, mostly where there are rich amounts of oil. They are involved in at least two wars and active in several conflicts. If the US would leave Iraq with a minimum of forces Iran would be quick to take advantage, forcing Isral to join the conflict. etc. etc. Weakened US presence in Afghanistan and (pakistan) would increase the clashes and possible lead to a civil war and as well greatly increase the chance for an increased conflict between India and Pakistan regarding Kashmir. China would probably stay out of the conflict or side with south korea (since they gain nothing from their relationship with north korea). Though if North Korea were attacked first they might help North Korea. If China would help defend south korea they would probably try to conquer parts of north korea which would act as a hot bed for future conflicts. If China gets involved in the conflict Taiwan might take a chance and separate even further from china which would force china to react (defend their territory, i.e. taiwan).  And if Japan and China (archenemies due to the atrocities of Japan during WW2) would come close to crossing swords well... then all hell would break loose. And I have not even covered the possible events in south america or previous soviet.Which brings me to the second point...Second: There would be no winners in this war."
    You make really good points. But could you please elaborate on the "possible events in South America" part? I'm just curious about what you mean with that.
    CodeMcK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CodeMcK

Kim Jong Il might be crazy but hes not stupid. He wouldn't try anything before having nuclear capabilities for support.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JudgeDread
    Black_Rose said:
    "JudgeDread said: You make really good points. But could you please elaborate on the "possible events in South America" part? I'm just curious about what you mean with that. "
    conflict between venezuela+bolivia and colombia
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Black_Rose
    JudgeDread said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    "JudgeDread said: You make really good points. But could you please elaborate on the "possible events in South America" part? I'm just curious about what you mean with that. "
    conflict between venezuela+bolivia and colombia"
    Do you mean the Venezuelan / Ecuador and Colombian border crisis? That was over a few months ago, there's still tension between governments but I think it has cooled off.

And how would that be influenced by the Korean crisis?
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By eclipsesis
    MC_Izawa said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    "RichardLOlson said:
    "
    wow you must think a lot of the US defences and armed forces, to say that they may be some of the largest in the world but they are the least proffesional and least skilled among the worlds modern armies."
    How can you make a claim like that?  I have no way to prove you right or wrong, but I doubt you have any facts to support the idea that our troops are less professional or skilled than any other nation."
    i think the fact that 13 britsih troops were skilled by american friendly fire is all the evidence i need. 3 of them by a F15 fighter jet which is a very intelligiant ground attack plane, it could have only been the pilots fault according to a BBC broadcast and interview with a RAF Officer.  
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LaszloKovacs
    eclipsesis said:
    i think the fact that 13 britsih troops were skilled by american friendly fire is all the evidence i need."
    is...
    is this a joke.
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    eclipsesis said:
    "MC_Izawa said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    "RichardLOlson said:
    "
    How can you make a claim like that?  I have no way to prove you right or wrong, but I doubt you have any facts to support the idea that our troops are less professional or skilled than any other nation."
    i think the fact that 13 britsih troops were skilled by american friendly fire is all the evidence i need."
    Article? Some sort of evidence?
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    eclipsesis said:
    "MC_Izawa said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    "RichardLOlson said:
    "
    In the history of the world no other friendly fire incident has ever happend till now.
    *shakes head* friendly fire happens in every war regardless of professionalism or not.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HandsomeDead
    LaszloKovacs said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    is...is this a joke."
    No, I remember it being on the news a while ago.
    LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LaszloKovacs

If you're seriously going to condemn an entire nation's armed forces because of a single friendly fire incident, I think you may be beyond helping.

I mean there have been single training exercise accidents that bad: http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/12/nyregion/11-soldiers-feared-dead-in-crash-of-army-helicopter-at-fort-drum.html

Doesn't make the military incompetent, it just means their job is incredibly dangerous.

P.S. HandsomeDead I meant that it was ridiculous to make a claim of one friendly fire incident with no evidence or context and then use that as the basis to discount all of the military.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eclipsesis
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-477478/Three-British-soldiers-killed-friendly-blunder-named.html
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/two-more-british-troops-killed-by-friendly-fire-745555.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-421204/Royal-Marine-died-week-killed-American-friendly-fire.html
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-417236/Fury-American-contempt-British-war-dead.html
    Well just to elaborate i am well aware that friendly fire happens in wars but do you know for instance america have one of the worst rates for friendly fire. They also have some of the shortest training periods for soliders before they can be put into active combat situations. Even though they have some of the laregst and higest ranked forces in the world they are not the higest skilled for instance Britain has the worlds most skilled Navy because that is what we specialise in, also our marine Commando's have one of the most  hardest training regimes.

If you look into american war its full of fuck up's and mistakes. The best example i can think of at the moment is the beach landing of normandy (the opening scene of saving private ryan) the reason why so many american and british troops got slaughtered on the beach was because of the american airforce. They were supposed to have bombed the beaches to shit leaving trenches and cover for soldiers and also clearing turrets, and lets not forget that at this point in time america claimed that they could land a bomb in a barel from 5000ft in the air. However the US airforce missed by miles and bombed some poor french guys farm. Causing all the slaughter, you then had to rely on british marine Commando's to sneak behined enemy lines and take out the turrets to get you troops of the beach.

And lets not forget the numorus amounts of times the US balls'd up in vietnam, bombing villages with inocent people in, burning your own troops with napalm, using "agent orange" to contaminate water which in effect has left children disfigured, the rape charges that were filed against US troops, and humanitarian rights violations in guantanamo.

i didn't mean for my first post to sound like a hate post against america, i was just pointing out that, if shit was to hit the fan the US isn't as safe as it think ist is, for instance how can a country with a large imigrataion (chinese people, korean people) go to war with these said countries, they can't because they would simply be attacked from within  there own country    
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

lol so let me get this straight? people that come to america cause they hate their own country and couldn't stand it? will then attack the country they came too because said country attacked the country they left and hated?
    oooooooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyy...
    AS for that I'm sure you can find just as many fuck ups in every army in history funny that you concentrate only on american fuck ups but will obviously gloss over other countries army fuck ups.
    Oh and the friendly fire high rating might be because america has there nose in every major conflict since WW2 i don't believe the british armed forces have been in nearly as many conflicts on nearly a scale as america has since ww2.
    Oh and i love how you use the whole agent orange, napalm...blah blah blah acting like no other country ever commited atrocities during wartime.
    P.S: as well you talk about normandy if it was such a fuck up why did the british soldiers go? they obviously had no problem storming the beachheads.

P.P.S: your first post didn't sound like a hate on america post, but your 2nd post did you brought up every single bad thing when it comes to war time about america then distole the virtures of britain, knowing full well they've had fuck ups like any other army and have commited atrocities like any other country in battle.

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By eclipsesis
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "lol so let me get this straight? people that come to america cause they hate their own country and couldn't stand it? will then attack the country they came too because said country attacked the country they left and hated?oooooooooooooookayyyyyyyyyyy...AS for that I'm sure you can find just as many fuck ups in every army in history funny that you concentrate only on american fuck ups but will obviously gloss over other countries army fuck ups.Oh and the friendly fire high rating might be because america has there nose in every major conflict since WW2 i don't believe the british armed forces have been in nearly as many conflicts on nearly a scale as america has since ww2.Oh and i love how you use the whole agent orange, napalm...blah blah blah acting like no other country ever commited atrocities during wartime.P.S: as well you talk about normandy if it was such a fuck up why did the british soldiers go? they obviously had no problem storming the beachheads."
    this is exactly what i didn't want to happn. Normandy was supposed to be a joint suprise attack emphisis on "JOINT"  "they had no problem storming them", thats a bit of a bold statement, they had climb a mountain face and neutralise 7 doug-outs, not exactly easy, the slaughter of the troops acted as a diversion.

As for the imagration, yes of course they would its an attack there people, way of life, belief. During world war 2 especailly the pacific war, america segregated japanese people living in america for that exact reason, they were frightend that they would have a uprising within the country.

True america has been in almost every incident since WW2, however they lied to get into vietnam it had fuck all to do with them (check out the gulf of tonkin incident) they were scared about the spred of communisim (check also the domino effect). And the gulf wars im thinking your foregetting the we (british) were involved in both of them. And don't forget britain has had is own war since WW2  "The falklands war". Other than that i can't think of any other conflicts that have involved the US. So i don't get were you get "Every major conflict since WW2" from  you probably pulled it out your ass (remember the cold war had no fighting).

Every war has brought with it attrocities, but no other war has left lasting effects of these attrocities. Agent orange is a fucking big deal maybe not to you but your not the one born with your head and body fucked up.

I am well aware that every country has commited crimes, and im not hiding the fact that my own has done so, you have just jumped to conclusion thinking im trying to slate The US when indeed im not, im speaking from a truthful historical sense, which you seem to have no concept off.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MC_Izawa

You are trying to attack the US.  You outright said they're the least skilled soldiers

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hitchenson

If a war DOES break out, people best go for the objective and not go for a good K/D like in CTF on Halo... what? I can't be the ONLY one who hates that guy >_>

eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By eclipsesis
    MC_Izawa said:
    "You are trying to attack the US.  You outright said they're the least skilled soldiers."

na im too much of a wimp
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Hamz

Pretty sure North Korea has their side of the border with South Korea covered with a huge force, probably all artillery and mortar positions, for this exact reason. Why do you think South Korea hasn't ever bothered to march North? They'd be walking right into more artillery than was seen or used at the Somme in WW1. Not to mention as someone did state a lot of South Korean settlements are within range of said artillery.

It is a horrible situation going on over there because all it takes is one fanatic to cause so much destruction.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MC_Izawa

Yeah, the British are pretty cool guys.
    Ever heard of the Second Boer War?  There was lots of gold in the area now known as South Africa.  The Brits wanted a piece of that action, so they sent agents to create an uprising.  It failed.  They attempted military action, but got their ass kicked by the local farmers.  They called in an assload of troops to ensure victory.  The troops adopted a scorched earth policy to prevent the guerrilla farmers from coming back.  They burned homes and fields, killed livestock, and poisoned drinking wells.  They then proceeded to take the wives and children of the fighters, now starving and homeless, and put them into concentration camps, where over 25,000 of them died of starvation and disease.  And that's not including what they did to the native blacks...

VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    eclipsesis said:
    this is exactly what i didn't want to happn. Normandy was supposed to be a joint suprise attack emphisis on "JOINT"  "they had no problem storming them", thats a bit of a bold statement, they had climb a mountain face and neutralise 7 doug-outs, not exactly easy, the slaughter of the troops acted as a diversion.As for the imagration, yes of course they would its an attack there people, way of life, belief.
    I can hardly understand what you're getting at. Are you saying that during Operation Overlord the British had to climb cliffs, or the US soldiers did?
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By eclipsesis
    MC_Izawa said:
    "Yeah, the British are pretty cool guys.Ever heard of the Second Boer War?  The British Army got their asses kicked by some farmers in South Africa, so they called in an assload of troops.  They adopted a scorched earth policy to prevent the guerrilla farmers from coming back.  They burned homes and fields, killed livestock, and poisoned drinking wells.  They then proceeded to take the wives and children of the fighters, now starving and homeless, and put them into concentration camps, where over 25,000 of them died of starvation and disease.  And that's not including what they did to the native blacks..."

During the falklands war we blew a argentinian boat out of the water, which under later inspection turned out to be a medical boat, we got our asses handed to us for that by UN
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By Hamz
    Crayola said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    this is exactly what i didn't want to happn. Normandy was supposed to be a joint suprise attack emphisis on "JOINT"  "they had no problem storming them", thats a bit of a bold statement, they had climb a mountain face and neutralise 7 doug-outs, not exactly easy, the slaughter of the troops acted as a diversion.As for the imagration, yes of course they would its an attack there people, way of life, belief.
    I can hardly understand what you're getting at. Are you saying that during Operation Overlord the British had to climb cliffs, or the US soldiers did?"
    Perhaps he is trying to point out that both of them had to?
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    Hamz said:
    "Crayola said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    I can hardly understand what you're getting at. Are you saying that during Operation Overlord the British had to climb cliffs, or the US soldiers did?"
    Perhaps he is trying to point out that both of them had to?"
    Well you see, that would be incorrect. The only beach that involved climbing large cliffs was Omaha, which the British weren't involved in.
    MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MC_Izawa
    theMcNasty said:
    "Let's all overreact and yell at each other and stuff."
    Talk to me like that again and I'll nuke you.
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By eclipsesis
    Crayola said:
    "Hamz said:
    "Crayola said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    Well you see, that would be incorrect. The only beach that involved climbing large cliffs was Omaha, which the British weren't involved in."

it wasn't omaha, that only involved the US army and US rangers which climbed the bluffs,  The commando's had to climb the bluffs on one of the other beaches and take of the doug-outs and run to a german deffensive position something like 4 miles away near omaha to  take it out and get them of the beach i think it was  47t MC
    MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MC_Izawa

What's a doug-out?
    A bunker full of Germans named Doug?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HandsomeDead
    MC_Izawa said:
    "What's a doug-out?
    A bunker full of Germans named Doug?"
    Basically, yeah.
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    eclipsesis said:
    "Crayola said:
    "Hamz said:
    "Crayola said:
    "eclipsesis said:
    Well you see, that would be incorrect. The only beach that involved climbing large cliffs was Omaha, which the British weren't involved in."
    it wasn't omaha, that only involved the US army and US rangers which climbed the bluffs,  The commando's had to climb the bluffs on one of the other beaches and take of the doug-outs and run to a german deffensive position something like 4 miles away near omaha to  take it out and get them of the beach i think it was  47t MC"
    Derpa derp on my part. I'm thinking of Point du Hoc, which actually did involve British and American forces.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.