Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Korea

Location » linked to 44 games

The peninsula west of Japan. Divided into the Republic of Korea (South), and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (North).

Korean TV: gaming show e-sports on Arirang

Avatar image for the_purgatory_station
    the_purgatory_station

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Culture Time! [in Jeff's P4 Shuffle Time voice]

There is an english language Korean television program about gaming called e-sports
    http://www.arirang.co.kr/Tv2/Tv_Video_On.asp?PROG_CODE=TVCR0288&code=Po5&sys_lang=Eng

Warning.  It is heavy on the Korean/Asia gaming scene.  So much talk about Starcraft, Korean MMOs, and professional game players.  No mention at all about US games.  Also, don't watch it on low.  Unwatchable.  High is medium quality.

You do have to log in to watch the streams so create your john doe accounts and enter that IP address they supply you with.  Or you can try and youtube search the thing; just enter keywords like arirang and e-sports.

The hostess is good looking but that couldn't even get me to watch more than 5 minutes of their content.

Not player hatin.  Like I said it's culture and nothing wrong with a little cultural field trip once in a while.

I did learn
    • Yongsan is the mecca of e-sports in Korea
    • watched some gameplay video of a FPS called Another Day <-(Scroll down on Japanese site and press play on the embeded clip).  It looked alright.
    • learned that Korean professional game players do tecktonik dances for their fans.  I didn't even know what tecktonik was. [off topic, that youtube video gave me flashbacks of the B-Boy Quick Look]

Note: not trying to pump some Korean website.  Just stumpled upon Ariang when I was channel surfing on a unconnected converter box TV.  Korean based TV programing in the english language?  What???

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.