Apparently this game sucks

#1 Posted by alternate (2715 posts) -

according to this review - first one I have seen.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/841140-games-review-kung-fu-rider-falls-flat-on-its-face

In Short: Not only the worst PlayStation Move game but probably the worst motion-controlled title ever. Riding through traffic on a real chair would be more entertaining.

Pros: The idea sounds like it would be quite fun if it were an ultra cheap download or a mini-game in some other title. (And it had a completely different control system.)

Cons: Comically awful control system that combines the very worst of motion controls with a horrendously overcomplicated set of inputs. Everything else.

Score: 1/10 

#2 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

I played a preview build of it a few months back. 

It's not that bad, but after I played it once, I never felt the urge to ever play it again. It would be nice if it was a tie in demo. As a full game, it is not only a failure, but a flopped proof of concept

#3 Posted by alternate (2715 posts) -
#4 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

there have been a few less than positive twitter comments about the game as well... 

#5 Posted by VaultDweller13 (99 posts) -

Hmm, it looks pretty fun from what I've seen of it. Don't see why anyone would choose to play as the dude though, given the female character's assets.

#6 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

It looks like a "hey I threw this together in 5 minutes to test out the move controller" kinda game but I have yet to play it and probably never will.

#7 Edited by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

It certainly looks it. If it was a downloadable game making such a game would be understandable but making it a disk game is absurd.

#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

I saw the video here on GB.
It's in the line of Wiisports and more of that simple but fun for a party genre.

#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

As a $5 DLC game, it would have been fine but for what it is, it's a waste of money.

#10 Posted by ShawnS (165 posts) -

I just got the game recently for about $3 and at that price it is definitely a good bit of fun. It really, really, really should've been a downloadable from the start. It would've helped the load times and the just-one-quick-run approachability. The controls are screwy and maybe not so natural but once you do get hold of things it can be pretty technical and rewarding to pull off a flawless run. Just throwing in my thoughts since I finally got around to finishing the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.