Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

La-Mulana

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 27, 2005

In this 2D "Metroidvania" style platformer, you play as Indiana Jones-inspired archaeologist Lemeza Kosugi, who seeks to uncover an ancient mystery.

La-Mulana coming to a PC near you on July 13, 2012!

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By DeF

It's been a long time coming ...

http://la-mulana.com/en/blog/the-history-of-la-mulana.html

The western release of Nigoro's La-Mulana remake (which had its WiiWare release canceled by publisher Nicalis after trouble getting the game through certification) will finally see the light of day! It's coming on July 13 sadly not via steam but some kind of new indie-focused website called Playism (playism-games.com).

'Tis the remake-of-once-freeware-PC-game-about-spelunking-summer-season! :D

Anyone got bit by the Spelunky bug and going to pickt this up?

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Mijati

I saw a friend playing the beta of this on Steam yesterday, don't think it was listed as a "non-steam game" either.

Edit: Nevermind, it is a Non-Steam game, thought it said that when you mouse over but apparently it only does in friends list where it is indeed a non steam game.

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Cathadan

I happened to be awake when the email notification went out last night so I picked it up immediately. Being very familiar with the original, I'm already quite pleased with the updates they've made, especially in the areas of general usability (what is my objective here) and readability of the environment (oh, this action caused this to happen). I was also pleased to find that they designed the game to easily allow you to apply custom sprite swaps and soundtrack mixes.

One point to note is that the beautiful PDF instruction manual isn't included in the download, and you'll have to go get that separately. I would call it required reading for anyone who hasn't played a good deal of the original.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By GERALTITUDE

Sold!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

Looks great, but honestly "playism-game.com" sounds so scammy, lol. It was one of those moments where I had to take a second glance at your level/post count just to be sure before I clicked.

Cool, though.

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By LegalBagel

I'm also having trouble with the idea of buying it from this weird new start-up site. I get that these guys are somewhat disconnected from the English audiences, given that they mostly communicate through badly translated Japanese. So they might not know the best way to sell to English audiences, which I guess is why they picked WiiWare in the first place.

But come on. Steam. It's how you do things. There's no reason to invent a whole new sketchy indie site with 10 games on it, half of which are already on Steam. I want to give you money for this game.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By dourin

Yeah, I mean, the problems with getting through cert, combined with this sketchy-assed digital distribution site means I will not be picking this game up. Just too many red flags.

nasie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By nasie

I bought it playism worked great and I got a DRM free version of the game. Green flag from me.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By DeF

It's basically like buying any game directly from the developer's site.

That said, I'd prefer a GoG or Steam version as well (I'd even take the WiiWare version) simply because I like to have games centralized in one location/service.

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Cathadan

@Deathpooky said:

But come on. Steam. It's how you do things. There's no reason to invent a whole new sketchy indie site with 10 games on it, half of which are already on Steam. I want to give you money for this game.

Agreed. For what it's worth, the developers have a blog post from last month where they specifically addressed some of the questions surrounding Playism vs Steam for their release platform.

edmundus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By edmundus

I bought this a few days ago, no hassles with playism. Incredible title, really hope more people check it out. Tempted to grab the soundtrack.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#12  Edited By Svenzon

Chiming in to say that I also bought it and everything worked fine! The site uses PayPal, so you don't actually give them your card number. Game works and plays great! Also it's DRM-free.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Definitely buying this. Would still like to see it released on console later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.