are there any other weapons besides the pistol in LA noir?

#1 Posted by spyder335 (289 posts) -

i know it should be in the LA noir section but there is no one ever there

so far ive only seen a 1911 in the trailers

#2 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -

Nope, it's a game with just a pistol

#3 Edited by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

I think I remember seeing a shotgun in one of the trailers. Also, there is a pre-order bonus that includes an SMG. Other then that, no idea.

Some gameplay with the shotty here.  

#4 Edited by themartyr (691 posts) -

Yep, there are a range of weapons. I will wager that, as with most, if not all sandbox games, there are a few different varieties of pistol, melée, machine gun, etc.

#5 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

You'll probably mainly cruise around with a pistol. In a trailer he pulls out a shotgun from the boot of his car, though, so he'll probably have an arsenal of weapons to grab from the precinct. Probably very case to case basis though.

#6 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

there better be a limited range of other weapons.

#7 Posted by JB16 (745 posts) -

Is it mean for me to say this is a REALLY dumb question?

#8 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Well, what 1950s detective leaves home without his trusty shotgun, chaingun, and bazooka?

#9 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Branthog:  yo back when I was working with sam spade, I never left home without my assault scoped AK-47 and grenade launcher
#10 Posted by spyder335 (289 posts) -
@JB16 said:
" Is it mean for me to say this is a REALLY dumb question? "
no its not mean, i just didnt really see this as an action game so i want sure if weapons were all that integral to the game other then hostage situations
#11 Posted by ProfessorEss (7365 posts) -
#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Nope just one pistol for the whole game, but you can use it to pistol whip people so its like having two weapons.

#13 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Nope just one pistol for the whole game, but you can use it to pistol whip people so its like having two weapons. "
:L this made me laugh.
#14 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
" @Branthog:  yo back when I was working with sam spade, I never left home without my assault scoped AK-47 and grenade launcher "
You mean to tell me that you never brought a katana? You didn't think about close encounters at all?
#15 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Azteck said:
" @mfpantst said:
" @Branthog:  yo back when I was working with sam spade, I never left home without my assault scoped AK-47 and grenade launcher "
You mean to tell me that you never brought a katana? You didn't think about close encounters at all? "
yo for cqc there's an armored vest and a low powered frag grenade.  Dude get with the film noir times.
#16 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@christ0phe said:
" Nope, it's a game with just a pistol "
i thought this was understood !
#17 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @christ0phe said:
i thought this was understood ! "
But won't the lack of weapon variety bore the living hell out of everyone. I say pistol when you're running around in the open world and bigger weapons for special missions
#18 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @christ0phe said:
i thought this was understood ! "
But won't the lack of weapon variety bore the living hell out of everyone. I say pistol when you're running around in the open world and bigger weapons for special missions "
we're.. joking !

@Branthog said:
" Well, what 1950s detective leaves home without his trusty shotgun, chaingun, and bazooka? "
fucking hilarious
#19 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: ah internet irony, why are you so hard to discern :p
#20 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -

There's probably the same number or near that was in GTA4.

#21 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@bioblood22 said:
" There's probably the same number or near that was in GTA4. "
allow me to doubt that statement.. an investigator's weapon inventory =! that of a loan shark/mobster/saboteur. Niko had RPGs and sniper rifles 
#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@JB16 said:
" Is it mean for me to say this is a REALLY dumb question? "
No.
#23 Posted by bioblood22 (420 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: Yea I get that but I said the same "number" or so not the same "weapons" but I get your point.
#24 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@Branthog said:
" Well, what 1950s detective leaves home without his trusty shotgun, chaingun, and bazooka? "
fucking hilarious
"
Thing is, the ass-smacking of dames from Duke Nukem Forever would actually be appropriate to the period in which this game takes place. :)
#25 Posted by TobbRobb (4643 posts) -

DUDES it's a 1911! You don't NEED anything else. I use the damn thing almost exclusivly, even in games where it's not even very good.

SEXY
#26 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -
#27 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I'm not going to play this unless my cop carries a whole selection of weapons, just like LA cops did in the 1950s. I can't wait to blow up fools with a rocket launcher in order to satisfy my ADHD bloodlust.

#28 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: That would be anachronistic. This takes place in the 40's.
#29 Posted by regularassmilk (1412 posts) -

Well at least for sure a machine gun and shotgun since Rockstar has a suit they're putting out via the Social Club that was said to specifically increase your accuracy with shotguns and machine guns.

#30 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i hope there's a hidden blade

#31 Posted by bulletbeast (191 posts) -

Dude, if ur expecting a vast array of guns then i suggest u dont get the game, is a detective mystery murder, the guns are a tiny aspect of the game, it isnt really a shooter

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.