Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Are you feelings towards the game different now?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Dany

When I first played through the game, I was amazed at the technology of the faces, never done before and was executed perfectly. The story of the Cole was lackluster and let a lot to be desired from the characters and the story. Having 2 DESKS WHERE YOU KNOWINGLY CONVICT THE WRONG PERSON, was just the dumbest thing ever., ugh, hated that. The gameplay was fine...most of the time, the interviews were fun, the cases were fine. This is a very great game amid flaws.

Now we flash to now where Team Bondi is on the verge of dismantling and news have flown by on the complete and utter chaos it was making this game. I tried plaything the recent reefer case but all I could think about was the the hundred of people not credited in the game, who left or were fired due to management and wonder on how much of this game was because of rockstar. How much did Rockstar save this game? Rockstar now doesn't want to work with Team Bondi ever again, that is how sour this whole thing is. I dunno, maybe I'm being paranoid but plaything through this game again was hard. The game is of high quality, no doubt about htat.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Never cared much for it in the first place.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jayjonesjunior

the tech is not that amazing and the graphics are not that great, the game can be quite frustrating.

but i'm still playing, little chunks at a time...

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

It's mediocre game with a mediocre story. I wanted to like it so bad.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Afroman269

No, it's still great.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By spankingaddict

Superb game , still...

Surkov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Surkov

I still like the game quite a bit. I don't take umbrage with the ending as most people do. While I think it's pretty lame 2 desks were complete fuck-ups, I thought the story came together pretty well. 

The acting, story-telling and writing are worth playing through the game for. It is still one of the few games I want to show people.  

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bybeach

I liked it. Sorry about the other shit.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

The mysticism worn off before I even completed the game. Like I've said in previous threads of this nature, I've got two DLC cases from the R* pass that I doubt I'll ever actually play because I'm so very over everything L.A Noire delivered. 

Loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Loose

I'm glad I played it, the controversy surrounding Team Bondi doesn't change that. I've played better games, sure, but it was a nice change of pace from other blockbuster titles and I hope that LA Noire's success inspires other developers to make similar games that expand upon what Bondi did (and, y'know, hopefully they treat their employees better).

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sooperspy
    @Afroman269 said:

No, it's still great.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Shitting on LA Noire has become quite popular these days. Personally, I really like the game. Gamers constantly complain about everything being the same, then when something different comes along they pick it apart and/or just don't buy it (Mirror's Edge says Hi). I swear, the gaming culture would rather bitch about games than play them...

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Slaker117

I never liked the game all that much, and the Team Bondi stuff doesn't change that. Though hearing about how messed up management was like helps explain where some of the weird incongruities might have come from.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Yanngc33

I thought it was great and still think so despite all the Team Bondi madness. I tend to not care what's going on with a developer when playing their game

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Hizang

It has a chance to be my Game of the Year, I think of the game no differently, I try and keep that stuff separate from the game itself.

darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darkwingduck

it was a great experience from start to finish 

also: 
    @Dany
    said:

Having 2 DESKS WHERE YOU KNOWINGLY CONVICT THE WRONG PERSON, was just the dumbest thing ever., ugh, hated that. 

which desk, apart from the homocide one, forced you to convict the wrong person? i dont recall
    matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By matoya

I got to the third desk. Then I was done

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of issues concerning the company, I actively tried to like the game upon release; played it solidly for maybe 6 or 7 hours over two days. After the first 4 I wasn't particularly enjoying myself.

The story is unengaging and the gameplay mechanics become tiresome after the first few cases. That said, I still really enjoyed it while it was fresh...

Shorter games?

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dany

@darkwingduck said:

it was a great experience from start to finishalso:
    @Dany
    said:

Having 2 DESKS WHERE YOU KNOWINGLY CONVICT THE WRONG PERSON, was just the dumbest thing ever., ugh, hated that.

which desk, apart from the homocide one, forced you to convict the wrong person? i dont recall

Arson, the last desk

darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darkwingduck
    @Dany: oh right, totally forgot about psycho-war veteran-dude. 
    still an awesome game though
    Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

loved it, but traded as soon as i finished, too bad theyre not making a new one....Could of taken the CSI:Miami license and added a extra button during the interogations for PUN.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SteamPunkJin

It's still a SCUM game from the 80s in a GTA package, which is ok in my book.  
    Once I sat down with it and pegged it for what it was I had/have no trouble enjoying it. 

And in terms of the story, while the story may have fallen flat in a few places (and some of this is just trademark Noir style that people are bitching about) it was still better than most lackluster cliche ridden stories we get in games so.....yea still a decent to good game in my book.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DonPixel

@Dany: I though it was a good game when it came out. I went back for a couple of days recently and I'm thinking I let myself carry on the "critically acclaimed bandwagon".

I got so bored I sold it. I don't care about the whole drama around it, I just think it is a boring game.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jelekeloy

I feel the same way about it as I do Heavy Rain. I loved while I was playing it, despite a few minor frustrations, but now I mostly remember those frustrations and weak plot points.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

It's one of those games that people love to hate because it's cool to hate it.

I really enjoyed it.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By MEATBALL

I really enjoyed it for the most part at the time, and found I still really enjoyed it when I returned to play through all of the DLC in one sitting. Of the games I've played so far it's by no means my GOTY but I still quite like the game, the drama surrounding Team Bondi hasn't really effected that at all. Then again, if I'm to be completely honest, I never really found myself upset by the news. That's not to say that what went down at Team Bondi is okay, but I just never really bought into the rampant internet outrage.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Marcsman

Not a fan at all
    Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pinworm45

Hated that game. Didn't finish it. Wish I could trade it in, but the only games I want are PC and I will get them on Steam.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pezen

Like Heavy Rain, it's a title best enjoyed and remembered for that experience and less a game to pick at details of because it's a card house ready to fall.

yetiantics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30  Edited By yetiantics

Nothing about what happened with the game company affected me playthrough of LA Noire.

However, I don't ever see myself playing this game again. The beginning of the game is fun, but as the game wraps up, it threw me a wrench and I didn't even know what the hell was going on anymore.

Sort of like Indigo Prophecy, only not as dizzying.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ShaneDev

I still think it's great. The main story was a little lack luster in some spots but really strong in others. The wrong suspects of the homicide desk was a little disappointing when it was all said and done as well. I just love the game for the atmosphere and feel of it which I think it does perfectly. The work that Rockstar and Team Bondi did is impressive but I don't think of any of the hardships they endured when playing and nor does it effect my thoughts on the game.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DAFTPUNK

At first I'm like great game, then I was like fucking goty!!!!!!!

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By kagato

I really loved the game until i found out how it was made, no matter how great the game is i dont believe it was worth the amount of stress it caused the guys working on it. Id really think twice about picking up any other bondi-related product, ive had to work in that kind of environment before and it is NOT nice.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By NMC2008

Loved the game, the ending pissed me off quite a bit but it's a real shame there won't be another one, a fucking shame I'd say.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35  Edited By Alphazero

There's not much game in that game. It definitely looks pretty, and I liked the story, but bleh. And blerg. Also meh.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's one of the few games where I let widespread critical acclaim convince me to buy it, which I don't usually do. I don't regret buying the game, but I never did finish it, even though I still tell myself I want to go back and complete it. 

I think the tech in the game is just as amazing as it's made out to be, but I find the core of the gameplay to be stupefyingly simple. It's an adventure game that basically handholds you to each objective, lets you know when you've found clues, tells you exactly what they mean when you find them, and though I never really had too much trouble with the interrogation sequences, they're really ambiguous and on the face of it the dialogue system is actually a complete misnomer. "Truth/Doubt/Lie" isn't actually about believing, doubting, or accusing them at all, it's just a scale of how aggressive your response will be.

My opinion of the game right now is this: It's a game that appeals to critics a lot more than others. It'll dazzle you out of the gate with the tech and from that point it's a nice and easy ride to the finish. For an investigation game, it doesn't actually require much thought. It's a good game, but I don't think it deserves the end-of-year awards it's going to inevitably get.

(Also, the story behind the game really grates on me. Those guys didn't deserve to get treated like slaves, and now the development house is being dismantled. It's sleazy stuff I don't think deserves rewarding.)

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By biospank

If I start thinking about that stuff I would never play game ever again

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GunstarRed

Theyre about the same. I found myself really having to force myself through the last couple of desks. I thought long and hard about getting the add-ons and I just  dont think theyre worth my time. I enjoyed it  overall despite a ton of issues about pacing and combat. I don't think it's a game that will be remembered as fondly in the future as  Red Dead will be though.
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By warxsnake

1-off experiment.

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Legxend

Played it thought it was ok the face tech is alright, but the gameplay is weak. There are very little options of what you can actually do in the game, the game is very strict on when you can and can't use your gun to the whole interrogations which is going  by what the script wants. I recently picked up a PS3 and I've started playing Heavy Rain and to me this just showcases how weak LA Noire actually is. LA Noires characters feel more like actors with game relying on the face tech, without actually having good characters.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By Aetheldod

It is well know in these parts my dislike for the game .... but what happened at Bondi only left me with a "Mhhhff ... so maybe this is why is not so good after all?"  , granted the traffic desk I really did enjoyed playing it , but comes homicide and things went down hill from there. I still will admit though the characters are very interesting (mainly your partners) and do hope more videogame companies try to have better acting for npcs.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AlexW00d

Still hate it. Want my money back >:(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.