Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Can't get some of those achievements, why tease?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

Why do the achievements show up if there is no way to obtain them unless you get specific codes from retailers?
    I'll admit it, I like S-ranking games. I don't care about overall gamerscore, but I like my stuff complete. DA2 also did this but in a less crappy way because I could actually buy the DLC at launch. I already have 920 points, but my will is dying knowing that I won't be able to fully fill that bar up for sometime. So for the 3 other people who share my OCD, should achievements show up if the content is not in the marketplace?

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Crono11

Yes because the achievements exist, and it's not like they're never going to put up for sale.  

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ch13696

Wait. You can't get all the achievements without pre-ordering? I'm not an achievement whore myself, but I know a money grubbing move when I see one.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

It does seem a bit unfair. If I were a developer, I just wouldn't base an achievement around exclusive content of any kind. Doesn't make sense, really.

But whatever, they'll be released eventually.
    infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By infininja

Yes, because the achievements exist.

However, the content (and therefore the achievements with it) should not.
    Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zabant

Something about the cut cases do not sit right for me. Vice and traffic seem very short compared to Arson and Homicide. Also the captain mentions you being promoted from burglary to homicide so the decision to remove content was made after the voice work was done. Two whole desks is a lot to remove. Not to mention the two separate preorder DLC cases and PS3 exclusive case if you got the 360 copy. With talks of the first DLC case also being cut content released in early june and not even being in these removed desks (its in arson) i cant help but think nearly 50% of the finished content was taken away just to save rockstar money on printing discs and so they could make more in DLC.
    There is certainly a feel of something being missing when you end the game with multiple threads never being resolved

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Daveyo520

DLC usually have achievements and they show up in the S rank thing. I am sure you can buy them eventually.

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lkpower
    @JJWeatherman:  I agree they'll sell them to everyone because people are willing to pay for more LA Noire, Myself included. We'll just have to wait awhile, that's all
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BBQBram
    @Zabant: I think you're right about the pre-order bonuses but the whole burglary desk was probably cut due to size limitations, even on a blu-ray. I remember reading that anyway. I think it was probably cut because it would have the least impact on the plot and the more importantly, the pacing. Would love to see it released eventually, I have no qualms paying for it as the game is already pretty huge.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#10  Edited By zidd

Consider that a lot of people who buy R* games never ever finish them because of all of the stuff thats in them. Maybe this is the way they make a shorter more completable game for those people and some DLCs for lasting appeal for people who have finished the game.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Barrock

Plan on S Ranking this no matter what it takes. I could literally play this game forever. I'd pay a fee like an MMO if I got cases every month.

kyelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kyelb22

The good think is that on PS3, they are categorized as dlc trophies, so you can still get the Platinum Trophy without having to shell out for the extra cases when the inevitably hit downloadable services. Not that I'm saying I won't buy them, more L.A. Noire content will always be good in my book.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PillClinton

The pre-order bonus might be the most disgusting concept to come out of the games industry ever.  I understand the business philosophy behind it, but it's just so unashamedly greedy and shitty.  And it fucks up my S-ranks, yo.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Gerhabio

Man, that's fucked up.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I'm pretty sure you can still S-Rank a game without getting the DLC or pre-order achievements.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Wuddel
    @Kyelb22 said:
    The good think is that on PS3, they are categorized as dlc trophies, so you can still get the Platinum Trophy without having to shell out for the extra cases when the inevitably hit downloadable services. Not that I'm saying I won't buy them, more L.A. Noire content will always be good in my book.

This. So blame MS for not caring. Because DLC-trophies are a new thing Sony put in place. They used to be mixed up with all the other trophies. (for example in Burnout Paradise ... you still could Platinum though)
    Gumby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gumby

Funny thing is, If EA or Activision did something like this, people would be pissed!
    If R* does it? It's all good...

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Yanngc33

They'll probably be released June 21st with the first "new" DLC

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By craigbo180

I thought every game had to allow you to get the 1000 points without paying any extra as like part of Microsoft's official policy and all arcade games need 200 without the need to pay for extra content?

CarpetRemnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By CarpetRemnant

I just finished the Homicide desk and had the game ended there it would have felt short but not unreasonably so, considering I have two more desks to play through I think that any people complaining about the game being too short need to have their heads checked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.