Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Future DLC

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By EVO

With yesterdays release of L.A. Noire's first two downloadable cases, "The Naked City" and "A Slip of the Tongue", comes questions on Team Bondi's future support with the game. There's "Nicholson Electroplating Disaster"  on June 21, then "Reefer Madness" on July 12, but what next? Additional cases involving Phelps seems unlikely, since that would mean getting a hold of his busy real-life counterpart, Aaron Staten. 

But what about the less busy Michael McGrady, aka Rusty? We've played good cop, now let us play bad cop. Or bad guy. Mickey Cohen's shady activities would make for an excellent story, and perhaps even add a sorely missed option to the interrogation system: 

• Truth
    • Doubt
    • Lie
    • Icepick
    So, where do you think Team Bondi wil take L.A. Noire in the future?
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By PerryVandell

They'll probably just keep adding more cases which I'm completely fine with, although adding new playable characters would be a nice touch as well (for the DLC missions).

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

I foresee DLC continuing in the way it's begun - episodic case releases. The game is practically a serial detective drama, anyway, so why not reinforce that with a new case/episode every month or two? That is, assuming it carries on at all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this is all the DLC we'll see for L.A. Noire.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EVO
    @Anwar said:
    @EVO: As they said on the bombcast there are apparently two desks which were cut, and the DLC cases are from existing desks, it's unknown how far they've got with the other 2 desks(did they only capture it or animated some stuff and made some art assets and afterwards decided to scrap them or did they never got past the storyboard?)
    I doubt we'll see anything from the cut desks, as it'd probably mess up the the story. But come to think of it, what happened during those 6 months we skipped?
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @EVO said:
    @Anwar said:
    @EVO: As they said on the bombcast there are apparently two desks which were cut, and the DLC cases are from existing desks, it's unknown how far they've got with the other 2 desks(did they only capture it or animated some stuff and made some art assets and afterwards decided to scrap them or did they never got past the storyboard?)
    I doubt we'll see anything from the cut desks, as it'd probably mess up the the story. But come to think of it, what happened during those 6 months we skipped?
    Phelps was working in Burglary? That's what we're told at the start of Homicide.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BBQBram

I'd love to see a monthly episodic thing but I don't think we'll be seeing it this time around. My bet is now that Take Two is calling it a succesfull franchise and subscription models are popping up everywhere they'll set up the sequal as both a standalone story and a medium for seasons of content. Come on everyone let's stick it to this non-interactive tv hokem.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By EVO
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    @EVO said:
    @Anwar said:
    Phelps was working in Burglary? That's what we're told at the start of Homicide.
    Oh, I missed that. Twice. I'm on my second playthrough.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

I'd love to have a playable Burglary department. No doubt your partner would be that cop who's voiced by the same dood who played Garrus.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By haggis

I'd rather see a collection of cases than individual cases, but whatever. Sad to hear that they cut two desks, but I can imagine the reasons why.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By MideonNViscera

More than anything I want the burglary desk, just because it was originally intended to be in the game, and it's still mentioned in the game.

arca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By arca

I heard the ones they announced where the only DLC they had planned. 
    I guess they will likely milk it and probably end up making some more un-announced DLC.  
    Looking forward to getting it when I can connect to PSN properly.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Barrock

All future DLC will be in non-talky format.

Avatar image for downbeatgorilla
    DownbeatGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By DownbeatGorilla

I'd imagine that we'd get these two individual cases for now, and come September / October we'll get a Undead Nightmare / Lost & Damed sized expansion with the Burglary / Bunko desks. Working on the Bunko / Fraud desk sounds like it could be fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.