Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Has Fallout ruined your ability to play through games with old music?

• 58 results
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By MrKlorox

No because the music didn't fit the universe at all and was therefore promptly disabled or replaced. I would never believe they would stick with ancient music like that when you could literally make tunes out of any set of objects. And we know audio recordings aren't impossible at this point in time either, so there really is no excuse aside from misinterpretation of the lore.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Jimbo

I pieced together most of the Fallout 3 soundtrack in Spotify.  Shit was awesome.  New Vegas had a couple of catchy choons, but was disappointing compared to FO3.

The Saboteur was awesome/stupid because it was basically just Feelin' Good by Nina Simone on a loop for 20 hours, which didn't even come out until about 25 years after the setting of the game.  They might as well have just thrown some Billie Jean in there.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

@melcene said:

@LordXavierBritish said:
    I'm saying for that the few hundred hours I invested in both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas the radio was never not on.
    Also, this can't be completely true because there were areas that didn't receive GNR's signal until you completed certain quests, or just didn't get the signal period.  :P
    That is when you listen to Enclave Radio over and over and over again.
    DHunter329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By DHunter329

Grew up listening to a lot of jazz records (yes records) thanks to my dad. So the music, to me at least, is secondary to the amazing script, voice work and mood of the game.

What I'm saying is your are crazy in thinking that Fallout 3/NV ruined this type of music in games.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By cannedstingray

I put like 900 hours into Fallout 3, at first I loved the soundtrack because it gave the world a really creepy feel.  But after a while I would just listen to the ambient  music when roaming around the wasteland.  The ambient music is friggin awesome, but I would turn the radio back on in dungeons, because they were creepy as hell.

But for the most part, I like hearing the songs in L.A. Noire, except that they get me excited for the next  Bethesda Fallout game.

New Vegas was good too, it just didn't get it's hooks into me at all like FO3 did, and the soundtrack was part of the reason.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

#56  Edited By Lelcar

I love the music in L.A Noire so much. I'm looking up the music on youtube now as we speak so that I can listen to it on my spare time.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Afroman269

No.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Aus_azn

I never listened to the radio. I just turned off the music and blasted my WinAmp.

stoydell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By stoydell

If anything, it has enhanced my love for the music and just makes me appreciate the games the music is in even more.

Also, as a side note, if I hear Butcher Pete in LA Noire, I will flip shit and start dancing. That song is fucking awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.