Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

I'm sorry L.A Noire i tried but.........

• 94 results
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By wrighteous86
    @NickL said:

@Edin8999 said:

The whole homicide desk was just >>> go to the crimescene>>>> Go to a bar>>>>>To the husband>>>>>Arrest somebody.
    Literally all games can be generalized like this, every FPS is shoot a room of dudes >> advance story a tiny bit >> shoot a room of dudes, at some point do the shitty required driving portion, you have an FPS  With that in mind, I still love me some FPS games but yeah, when you get right down to it all games can be considered repetitive
    Except in other games you're actually doing something. The action scenes in LA Noire require player input and action of some kind, but the people that like the game dismiss those portions (rightly so) to focus on the investigative stuff. You don't do anything as a player during investigations. You look for a rumble, and when you find one, the game tells you exactly what to do, every time. It's like a tutorial that continues through the whole game. Aside from the poorly conceived action scenes, the interrogations are the only part of the game that are actually interactive. The rest might was well be a digital comic book that requires you to press 'A' to turn the page.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By NickL
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    @NickL said:
    @Edin8999 said:
    The whole homicide desk was just >>> go to the crimescene>>>> Go to a bar>>>>>To the husband>>>>>Arrest somebody.
    Literally all games can be generalized like this, every FPS is shoot a room of dudes >> advance story a tiny bit >> shoot a room of dudes, at some point do the shitty required driving portion, you have an FPS  With that in mind, I still love me some FPS games but yeah, when you get right down to it all games can be considered repetitive
    Except in other games you're actually doing something. The action scenes in LA Noire require player input and action of some kind, but the people that like the game dismiss those portions (rightly so) to focus on the investigative stuff. You don't do anything as a player during investigations. You look for a rumble, and when you find one, the game tells you exactly what to do, every time. It's like a tutorial that continues through the whole game.
    Yeah, I should have pointed out I haven't played LA Noire yet, I'm just saying anyone can boil a game down to the most basics and make it sound boring as all hell.  It really annoys me and makes me completely dismiss that persons point, whether it be a good point or not.
    JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By JasonR86
    @Edin8999

Well, you gave it a shot.  That's all any developer can ask.  I can understand why some people would be bored with the game.  I wasn't but I get where you're coming from.
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By wickedsc3

Well, since you just took a game down to its button inputs your post is about useless.  I have finished the game and enjoyed it alot, I can however see how some people would find the homicide desk a little on the repetitive side, but it homicide what do you expect?  

Its like me picking up a fps and saying there is too much shooting in this its boring.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By BBQBram

I think there are some valid complaints here but then again who else does games like these where the characters are layered and feel real, and the setting is recreated to such detail and nuance? Compared to other games GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption and especially LA Noire just feel a bit more mature and grounded. I love lasers and chainsaws and aliens and all that crazy shit but it's good that some games are taking the classy approach. 

Now there's more I could say about the finer points of the gameplay but I've been defending this game on here for the last few days and it's tainting my ability to glow in it's grandeur! Bottom line, games like this are raising the bar on some levels, and struggling on others. Take it or leave it, it's good they exist.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By musubi
    @Edin8999:  Honestly, halfway through the homicide desk I started to get fatigued myself.  However, once you get to Vice things get interesting as  the Vice and Arson desks all tie together into  one large plot point.   The  rally to the final moments is goddamn thrilling.     The ending seems very polarizing  as I've heard many people completly pan the ending.    I on the other hand completly loved it.      For reasons that I obviously won't spoil.      

Also, the investigations get way harder.  Many people in the Vice case are really hard to read they will bat their eyes and do erradic facial movements  all the time and the "tells" will become even more subtle.  I think the best cases of the game are in Vice.      Can't say that I figure that this will change you mind in any capacity however   just figured I would chime in as I had similar feelings about midway through Homicide.   The real meat of the story is from Vice on.    Id suggest at least trying to make it to Vice and see if you dont' find it more interesting.  

I plan on going back at some point to retry all the cases.
    haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By haggis
    @Edin8999: I'd have to agree with him. Starcraft was, actually, terribly boring and repetitive in my opinion. Of course, all games are repetitive (the same game mechanic over and over again, in different situations), so what it comes down to is whether or not you like the mechanic.

@AlexW00d said:
    Tbf I was expecting a cool little adventure game about the gritty life as an L.A.. cop, but so far it is just go to crime scene press X when pad rumbles, talk to witness, if they look at you they are telling the truth, if they look away they are lying, choose evidence, drive for far too long with bad clunky driving, choose to do a shooting bad guys mini game, get to end point, case closed.  I was expecting far more adventuring and I was hoping I'd have to use my brain a lot more than I am. But then I guess there is only so much they can do with it being a videogame and all.
    The stats on social club would indicate that the interrogations and evidence collection are not as easy as you are suggesting, since about a third of cases (as of right now) are being solved at three-star level, while only 17% are being solved at five-star level. And, you know, you could always turn off the rumble and audio cues if you were finding the game too easy.
    Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Vodun
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    @NickL said:

@Edin8999 said:

Except in other games you're actually doing something. The action scenes in LA Noire require player input and action of some kind, but the people that like the game dismiss those portions (rightly so) to focus on the investigative stuff. You don't do anything as a player during investigations. You look for a rumble, and when you find one, the game tells you exactly what to do, every time. It's like a tutorial that continues through the whole game. Aside from the poorly conceived action scenes, the interrogations are the only part of the game that are actually interactive. The rest might was well be a digital comic book that requires you to press 'A' to turn the page.
    Agreed, I think they lead you along too much. The whole rating at the end, and the binary tracking of getting a question right or wrong just breaks the immersion. 

Personally I wouldn't have minded a bit more actual "work". Also, every street incident doesn't need to end with me and my partner looking at the coroner putting a corpse in his van...maybe the occasional boring traffic stop to mix it up? David Simon needs to make a cop game.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59  Edited By wrighteous86
    @haggis said:
    @Edin8999: I'd have to agree with him. Starcraft was, actually, terribly boring and repetitive in my opinion. Of course, all games are repetitive (the same game mechanic over and over again, in different situations), so what it comes down to is whether or not you like the mechanic.

@AlexW00d said:
    Tbf I was expecting a cool little adventure game about the gritty life as an L.A.. cop, but so far it is just go to crime scene press X when pad rumbles, talk to witness, if they look at you they are telling the truth, if they look away they are lying, choose evidence, drive for far too long with bad clunky driving, choose to do a shooting bad guys mini game, get to end point, case closed.  I was expecting far more adventuring and I was hoping I'd have to use my brain a lot more than I am. But then I guess there is only so much they can do with it being a videogame and all.
    The stats on social club would indicate that the interrogations and evidence collection are not as easy as you are suggesting, since about a third of cases (as of right now) are being solved at three-star level, while only 17% are being solved at five-star level. And, you know, you could always turn off the rumble and audio cues if you were finding the game too easy.
    To be fair, and this is an honest question, does it make a distinction on if those 3-star rankings are where they are because of interrogations and crime scene investigations? Half-way through the game I got tired of obeying traffic laws--since I didn't care about my score, just successfully solving the crime--and I sped my way to the next location or sidequest, smashing cars and people with abandon (this was before I knew that "trip skip" still let you hear plot relevant-dialog). I played the game well, aside from driving, and got a 1-star once, but averaged a 3 or 4.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Isn't it fundamentally a story based game, though? Episodic in nature with a threaded narrative arc? 

I haven't played the game yet, as I've been saving it for this weekend, but it seems you've missed the point a little. 

The things you described are exactly why I'm looking forward to playing it. 

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By haggis
    @Wrighteous86 said:
    To be fair, and this is an honest question, does it make a distinction on if those 3-star rankings are where they are because of interrogations and crime scene investigations? Half-way through the game I got tired of obeying traffic laws--since I didn't care about my score, just successfully solving the crime--and I sped my way to the next location or sidequest, smashing cars and people with abandon (this was before I knew that "trip skip" still let you hear plot relevant-dialog). I played the game well, aside from driving, and got a 1-star once, but averaged a 3 or 4.
    I don't know how much damage and breaking traffic laws factors into the star rating. My experience with the game tells me that it's not too much, but then I skipped most of the driving sections. And I imagine that most people who were frustrated with the driving did the same, and didn't go plowing through things and people. During the driving sections I didn't skip I still drove quickly through town (though I didn't run anyone over) and generally ignored the traffic laws and had no repercussions on case scores from it. I think nearly all of the score has to do with the number of clues found and number of questions asked correctly. It's also worth noting that one does not need to find every clue and answer every question correctly to get a five-star rating. I one starred one case, I think, and probably averaged a three or four as well, which seems to be what most people are doing. On my first run through, I think I five-starred three or four cases.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By Twisted_Scot

it's an adventure game. It does what an adventure games does. If you dont like adventure games then guess what.....your probably not going to like L.A Noire.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Edin899
    @theplatypus said:
    The advice I would give you is to play L.A. Noire in short bursts. You would enjoy it much more.  I was also getting annoyed by the similar investigtion route on the homicide desk. But that does not happen by chance or lazyness. Every woman was met by the murderer in a similar fashion, in a similar place and in a similar condition, it all ties up to the story.
    I know i finished the homicide desk, but by that point i had enough. 
    I played it in short bursts. I still had trouble picking it up again the next day.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Edin899

And for the people that say you need to use your brain more in this game then starcraft. 
    You CANNOT LOSE in this game, it leads you all the way through. 
    In starcraft you have to make decisions to outsmart your enemy or come up with a strategy to take them by suprise. 

So anybody that says you need to use your head in this game....really?

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some day gamers will come to accept that they don't have to like every game that comes out, there's not necessarily something wrong with you or the game, people have different tastes, but for some reason gaming doesn't quite acknowledge that yet. I don't go to the Opera and sit there trying to force myself to like it but it seems to be something people do with games, like an expectation that because it's released I should like it! 
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying this thread is about the typical ranting against a good game thing, I think it's a very different topic of people feeling like they should always like the current biggest release which I find strange.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tunaburn
    @Edin8999 said:

And for the people that say you need to use your brain more in this game then starcraft. You CANNOT LOSE in this game, it leads you all the way through. In starcraft you have to make decisions to outsmart your enemy or come up with a strategy to take them by suprise.  So anybody that says you need to use your head in this game....really?

youre comparing the multiplayer of it. compare the single player at least. which is boring as shit on starcraft 2. i couldnt get past %30 of the campaign cuz i wanted to take a nap.  
    but even then the multiplayer is pretty bland. 99% of the time its the same exact thing. smash my ball of little aliens into your ball of little aliens. sure there are some "strategies" you can use but they are fairly few and far between. 
    anyways. they are 2 totally different games. and all the reviews said not to get it if you dont like detective work or crime dramas. you seem like a 12 year old that loves killing stuff. 
    go play some bad company or starcraft 2. you dont have to like this game.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By sagesebas
    @Edin8999: Someone give me my FELL REFUND
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Edin899
    @tunaburn said:
    @Edin8999 said:

And for the people that say you need to use your brain more in this game then starcraft. You CANNOT LOSE in this game, it leads you all the way through. In starcraft you have to make decisions to outsmart your enemy or come up with a strategy to take them by suprise.  So anybody that says you need to use your head in this game....really?

youre comparing the multiplayer of it. compare the single player at least. which is boring as shit on starcraft 2. i couldnt get past %30 of the campaign cuz i wanted to take a nap.  but even then the multiplayer is pretty bland. 99% of the time its the same exact thing. smash my ball of little aliens into your ball of little aliens. sure there are some "strategies" you can use but they are fairly few and far between. anyways. they are 2 totally different games. and all the reviews said not to get it if you dont like detective work or crime dramas. you seem like a 12 year old that loves killing stuff. go play some bad company or starcraft 2. you dont have to like this game.

Fairly few and far between?  What strategy is their to LA NOIRE? What makes you think? The capitain tells you dude charge this guy because he is a predator. 
    And i'm not a 12 year old, please dont try to make yourself sound cooler and better because you can  ''enjoy'' this game. 

Just sad,  

And starcraft 2 was praised for the different missions in its singleplayer. 
    This game had a whole desk that was just doing the same thing over and over again. 
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Edin899
    @sagesebas said:
    I got my full refund thank god. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sagesebas said:
     Sorry it's for life not just for Christmas
     Sorry it's for life not just for Christmas
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By sagesebas
    @Edin8999: haha I couldn't resist, also I played the game for a little while, and had fun. But it is fine that you didn't like it. You know what game I kind of don't like Dead Space.
    PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By PillClinton

Ya know, after about 14 hours of play, I felt the same, but then something just clicked and I got it.  The remaining 5 hours of play until the end were quite fantastic and I really got into it.  Shame it took so long, though. 

Also, why is this written like a poem?

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By TorMasturba

Well you can't please everybody with your products, and trying to do so will make your product go lower in quality.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#74  Edited By Vinny_Says

Yeah...not enough hookers for me to take into my car and then kill to get my money back. Also no rocket launchers, that was lame.

Bumpton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Bumpton

This thread's weird. That is all.
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By tunaburn
    @Edin8999:   and this game is being praised for being an innovator and being the first game like this.  i found the campaign in starcraft 2 horrible. it was just like playing custom games without being able to pick which custom game to play.  so people can have different opinions. i havent touched starcraft 2 in at least a month now. stop praising that game like its the be all end all to games when i bet more people enjoy la noire than enjoy starcraft 2.   721,000 copies sold of starcraft 2 compared to the 1.6MILLION copies of la noire sold. and i know about the different platforms make it sell more but the point is, 1.6 million people have already bought it, and it recieved an average of 8.5 as a score out of 10 for a reason.
    its not for you then thats fine but dont try to make it sound like a shit game.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Edin899
    @tunaburn said:
    @Edin8999:   and this game is being praised for being an innovator and being the first game like this.  i found the campaign in starcraft 2 horrible. it was just like playing custom games without being able to pick which custom game to play.  so people can have different opinions. i havent touched starcraft 2 in at least a month now. stop praising that game like its the be all end all to games when i bet more people enjoy la noire than enjoy starcraft 2.   721,000 copies sold of starcraft 2 compared to the 1.6MILLION copies of la noire sold. and i know about the different platforms make it sell more but the point is, 1.6 million people have already bought it, and it recieved an average of 8.5 as a score out of 10 for a reason. its not for you then thats fine but dont try to make it sound like a shit game.Uh,  

Uhm where did you see that starcraft 2 sold 721.000 copies? Please show us your source.
    Because last time i checked it sold 3.1 million copies............................................ 
    It also has a average score of 9.2.  

And since when does it count how many people buy the game? Why even bring that up? 
    Can't wait what you have to say......smh
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Edin899

O yeah 1 more thing... 

@tunaburn said:

@Edin8999:   . it was just like playing custom games without being able to pick which custom game to play.   

WTF?
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Edin899
    @tunaburn: Ah man you went into hiding.....smh
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Cataphract1014

This thread seems to give Starcraft players a bad name.

I play Starcraft 2 nearly every day, and I am enjoying L.A Notre.  I wouldn't call it a thinking mans game though, I would call it a patient mans game.

@tunaburn

said:

721,000 copies sold of starcraft 2 compared to the 1.6MILLION copies of la noire sold. and i know about the different platforms make it sell more but the point is, 1.6 million people have already bought it, and it recieved an average of 8.5 as a score out of 10 for a reason.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/02/09/starcraft-ii-sales-approach-4-5-million-units-still-no-release/

Last I checked, 4.5 million is a lot more than 721,000.  And that was in February.
    Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Edin899
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    This thread seems to give Starcraft players a bad name.

I play Starcraft 2 nearly every day, and I am enjoying L.A Notre.  I wouldn't call it a thinking mans game though, I would call it a patient mans game.

@tunaburn

said:

721,000 copies sold of starcraft 2 compared to the 1.6MILLION copies of la noire sold. and i know about the different platforms make it sell more but the point is, 1.6 million people have already bought it, and it recieved an average of 8.5 as a score out of 10 for a reason.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2011/02/09/starcraft-ii-sales-approach-4-5-million-units-still-no-release/ Last I checked, 4.5 million is a lot more than 721,000.  And that was in February.
    This tunaburn bum went into hiding as soon as we proved he just wrote down some BS.
    Avatar image for frillyslayerpig
    FrillySlayerPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FrillySlayerPig
    @phish09:  
    You obviously haven't played Star Craft lol. It is called a STRATEGY game. You press buttons in all games so your argument is retarded. The point is you cannot compare a game like LA Noire where all you do is press the A button and watch cut scenes to playing a strategy game that requires skill and thinking. LA noire is a game that does not require as much thought. That is why Star Craft is called a STRATEGY game. Strategy means trying to use complex thinking to solve a problem. La noire does not require complex thinking on the level of Star Craft and that is why LA noire is not classified as a strategy game. If I were you when trying to make a point I would compare two games that are at least in the same genre and have some relevance to each other.
    Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#83  Edited By Tsoglani
    @Edin8999 said:

This game is just BORING. So i got this game knowing that this is not like red dead and gta4. I was excited about collecting evidence, using the evidence to convict a person, looking at their face to see if they are telling the truth or not......  But after finishing the last case on the homicide desk i have no desire to ever pick this game up again.  This game is not FUN at all.The whole homicide desk was just >>> go to the crimescene>>>> Go to a bar>>>>>To the husband>>>>>Arrest somebody.  And in between all these repetetive cases you have to interrogate people. I don't care what anybody says but the interegattion just sucks.  People that lie always look around and people that tell the truth just look straight towards you, thats it !  Nothing more to it.   I don't care if this game gets better, i just spend 4 hours working on cases that all play out in the same way. F this game , thank god i can return it back for a fell refund. 

Unfortunately, I agree.

I really wanted to like this game, but in the end it felt stale. I got through the Ad Vice missions and gave up. If there was more variety in the interrogations and investigation formulas, then that would have perhaps allowed me to like it more. And the graphics didn't even look as great as they're pumped up to be.

IMO, a lot of the love this is getting is not justified; it didn't do enough to win over not just myself, but thousands and thousands of gamers.

To call it a thinking man's game is a bit much; there are only ever a certain number of clues, and they aren't all that hard to find, considering they are nearly the same for every mission (especially on Homicide). I am also sure that police (especially detectives) would have worn gloves when touching evidence (even in the 40s).
    Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#84  Edited By Tsoglani
    @Laketown said:
    I really don't get all of the rockstar apologists who come into any thread like this and say "oh you just don't GET IT" or, the one you headed off, "you just expected to blow up cars and run over hookers, this game is more than that" it's annoying.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MeierTheRed

I'm happy i didn't buy the game. Seems like a lot of people got burnt by it, i wonder why most of them picked it up in the first place, hype?.

awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By awe_stuck

Dude, RDR 10 hours -> not that bad. 20 hours -> some really dumb storyline. at 30 hours -> annoying. 40 hours -> starting to really hate this game. 50 hours -> most hated game of the year. 

gta4 I found kinda boring storywise, however the sandbox gameplay kept me playing it. fact is I never beat it and I dont care, nor would I complain about the price. 

I find all rockstar games since San Andreas boring... Though I cant fault GTA 4 it really wasnt that bad.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By c1337us

I had a lot of fun with LA Noire. I will agree that the cases on the Homicide desk did get a little samey but this is obviously explained to you as the game plays out. Also I broke up the major desk cases up by responding to different street crimes as well which helped mix it up a little for me.

XenoZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By XenoZak
    @Edin8999:
     Please stop comparing it to Starcraft 2. You said in a previous post "What strategy is their to LA NOIRE?" which is akin to saying "What painting skill is there in STARCRAFT 2?"... Pointless and irrelevant. As are ANY comparisons of LA Noire to Starcraft 2!

If you don't like it thats fine, let other people disagree with you on why though. If you think its repetitive thats your opinion (Generally thats the nature of SERIAL KILLERS by the way, they are pretty consistent) but its not fact and other people may just say you are perhaps a little impatient or that they didn't find it boring or repetitive. 

I agree that towards the end the mechanics of the game were tiring out but this is a game where you come for the STORY not deep complex gameplay. It was never hyped up to be deep in gameplay either so its not like you were tricked into disappointment. I mean really, its obviously an Adventure game, like point and click adventures but in a different way.
    Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#89  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I've just finished LA Noire a few minutes ago...how can a game that took 5 years to develop feel so rushed? Screw their facial camera technology, if you can't make a good, solid story, with a good, decent ending that wraps up the overall plot, then the whole game is worth nothing. I enjoyed it in the beginning, but it got tedious and the plot became pointless, at least Red Dead redeemed itself...ironically....with its end for me, but this? This just seems like a cop-out (double pun!) on an idea that should have been amazing. It tried to do too much, and left so much to be desired...I never thought a game could jump the shark in terms of story, but my god, its finally happened....

ShadowKing7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By ShadowKing7
    @awe_stuck said:

Dude, RDR 10 hours -> not that bad. 20 hours -> some really dumb storyline. at 30 hours -> annoying. 40 hours -> starting to really hate this game. 50 hours -> most hated game of the year.  gta4 I found kinda boring storywise, however the sandbox gameplay kept me playing it. fact is I never beat it and I dont care, nor would I complain about the price.  I find all rockstar games since San Andreas boring... Though I cant fault GTA 4 it really wasnt that bad.

You know, that's about exactly how I felt about Red Dead Redemption... 

As for LA Noire, I haven't played it nor do I really plan to right now.
    Jack_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91  Edited By Jack_Frost

I would have to recommend that if you have not bought the game, that you should just rent it.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I haven't managed to play it properly yet. I did the first mission but was on the phone to a friend through most of it so I'm not really sure what the hell I've done or if I'd had fun doing so :P
    zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By zakkro

Eh, I enjoyed it. I can totally see how someone could find it boring (I have a friend who couldn't get into it, actually), but I found the methodical pace and nature of that game to be pretty fun. 

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

SkinnyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#95  Edited By SkinnyBlue

I enjoyed it. I'd have to agree that some of the cases did tend to get a little bit repetitive, but I found it fun to approach each case differently and the narrative was interesting enough to keep me going. Some of the interrogation sequences weren't as fleshed out as I would've liked, and I often got a lot of questions wrong, which was frustrating. But I thought it was a nice change from what we usually see from R*.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#96  Edited By sammo21
    @Edin8999: I don't know what game you are playing or what you were expecting but I had a blast from beginning to end...and no, all of the cases do not end the same way...unless you spend 4 hours playing one case and assumed that for the rest...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.