Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Keeping a rare car

bigdc666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigdc666

Does anyone know if it’s possible to fit any car with a police radio? Doesn’t it seem kind of pointless? Go put of your way to get one of the rare cars just to use it once.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PillClinton

yup, that's LA Noire....

Avatar image for downbeatgorilla
    DownbeatGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DownbeatGorilla

Meh, I just have my partner do all the driving anyway. The concept cars are neat for a few minutes, but that's about it. Even if you take one along during a case, I've found the game will reset back to the default Police Car if the story needs your partner to use the radio, or if there is a car chase sequence involved.  

It's nice that they took the time to model these cars, and I appreciate the effort, but at the end of the day does it really make story sense for Cole to be running around the city driving random cars he's found in abandoned garages?

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SSully
    @DownbeatGorilla: Abandon garages? Does it really make sense for him to be driving around in cars that he has stolen from parking lots or off the street curbs?
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By louiedog
    @DownbeatGorilla said:

Meh, I just have my partner do all the driving anyway. The concept cars are neat for a few minutes, but that's about it. Even if you take one along during a case, I've found the game will reset back to the default Police Car if the story needs your partner to use the radio, or if there is a car chase sequence involved.   It's nice that they took the time to model these cars, and I appreciate the effort, but at the end of the day does it really make story sense for Cole to be running around the city driving random cars he's found in abandoned garages?

I only take out the rare cars to drive around in the streets of LA mode to enjoy the richly detailed city. As you said, it doesn't really make sense in the story, and trying to keep them is difficult.
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By manhattan_project
    @SSully said:
    @DownbeatGorilla: Abandon garages? Does it really make sense for him to be driving around in cars that he has stolen from parking lots or off the street curbs?
    What?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.