Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

L.A. Noire character in Dexter

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DoctorWelch

So I just wanted to share this with some people who would actually and appreciate know what they hell I am talking about. I am watching season 5 of Dexter, and the FBI agent is one of the main characters, Roy Earle, in LA Noire. Although the game wasnt super amazing, the fact that I feel as though I have also seen this guy play another character in a movie when in fact, it was actually a video game, is pretty amazing. It just got me excited to see what new games using this technology will mean for the entirety of gaming.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

You will see maybe one more game using this technology but even then I think that's a stretch. Nobody wants to work with them, and Team Bondi isn't around anymore to use the tech from its sister company.

Also, I thought LA Noire was super amazing, for what its worth. Which is nothing.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

@AlisterCat said:

You will see maybe one more game using this technology but even then I think that's a stretch. Nobody wants to work with them, and Team Bondi isn't around anymore to use the tech from its sister company.

Also, I thought LA Noire was super amazing, for what its worth. Which is nothing.

I think that company that was created the tech is actaully no more, or they sold off.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

@Dany: Last I heard Team Bondi was absorbed in to it because they owed so much money. I wouldn't be surprised if those debts take them down too.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic

provide a picture, I'm not gonna waste time trying to remember the person

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By tobygw

If you haven't seen Mad Men, watch it and have your mind blown.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@AhmadMetallic said:

But you're going to waste time typing up that comment? The time it took you to type that out would've been equal to the time it would've taken you to google.

http://lggaming.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/roy-earle.png

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By AndrewB

The coronererecently played on an episode of Castle too. It was funny to recognize a television star from their appearance in a video game. He was my favorite character in L.A. Noire.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

But you're going to waste time typing up that comment? The time it took you to type that out would've been equal to the time it would've taken you to google.

And I would've googled what exactly? 

Also, I've seen every Dexter episode and I don't remember that guy, haha. Are you sure he's from Dexter?
    CVslyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By CVslyy

Jack Kelso is played by gil mckinney who was in one of the later seasons of friday night lights. I was a big fan of the show so when I saw Kelso in the game i freaked out because the resemblence was uncanny.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

And I would've googled what exactly? Also, I've seen every Dexter episode and I don't remember that guy, haha. Are you sure he's from Dexter?

He plays agent Walker

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0364227/

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By audiosnow

@tobygw said:

Just about to say this. It's the rouges gallery of 1950s era-capable actors.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

In season five of Dexter, there is an IA cop working with Laguerta. If you listen closely, or look at the credits, you'll realize he's Kaidan Alenko. And he's a skinny, pale balding fellow.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By theoldhouse

@AlisterCat: Me too! but yeah nobody cares.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Bestostero

I recognize many of the characters in the game, but I only identified Brian Krause the guy who was on charmed. After that i realize that they used actors... good stuff lol

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By HellBrendy

@DoctorWelch said:

So I just wanted to share this with some people who would actually and appreciate know what they hell I am talking about. I am watching season 5 of Dexter, and the FBI agent is one of the main characters, Roy Earle, in LA Noire. Although the game wasnt super amazing, the fact that I feel as though I have also seen this guy play another character in a movie when in fact, it was actually a video game, is pretty amazing. It just got me excited to see what new games using this technology will mean for the entirety of gaming.

I really don't hope we get electric clones of actors. If I wanted an actor, I'd go see a movie. I want a videogame with videogame characters.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DoctorWelch

@tobygw said:

Planning on it, just after I catch up with Dexter and Breaking Bad.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DoctorWelch

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

And I would've googled what exactly? Also, I've seen every Dexter episode and I don't remember that guy, haha. Are you sure he's from Dexter?

Why are you constantly a dickhead on the internet. I over my years at GB Ive seen multiply posts of yours where you act like a immature child on these forums. If you don't want to look it up, then don't and leave it at that. Why you waste your life away actively and continuously posting stupid comments on forums is beyond me, and that's all I'm going to say to you.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laserbolts
    @AhmadMetallic Umm look at your post count. You don't want to waste time? Seriously?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @DoctorWelch said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Why are you constantly a dickhead on the internet. 

I wasn't being a dickhead.. Try to re-read that post in a friendly "dude what!" tone, because that's what was intended, not in a hostile or dickish way. Try to relax on these forums, we're mostly friendly with our comments and replies.

I over my years at GB Ive seen multiply posts of yours where you act like a immature child on these forums. 

Yes, sometimes I'm mature, organizing gamenights and creating massive threads, and sometimes I'm the most immature kid talking crap, it's really fun, you should try it, doesn't harm anybody and gives you some good laughs. 

Why you waste your life away actively and continuously posting stupid comments on forums is beyond me, and that's all I'm going to say to you.

I fail at social life, miserably, so I honestly got nothing better to do than play games and post on this forum 24/7, some of those posts are stupid, and I'm proud of them. Relax.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.