L.A. Noire character in Dexter

#1 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

So I just wanted to share this with some people who would actually and appreciate know what they hell I am talking about. I am watching season 5 of Dexter, and the FBI agent is one of the main characters, Roy Earle, in LA Noire. Although the game wasnt super amazing, the fact that I feel as though I have also seen this guy play another character in a movie when in fact, it was actually a video game, is pretty amazing. It just got me excited to see what new games using this technology will mean for the entirety of gaming.

#2 Posted by AlisterCat (5695 posts) -

You will see maybe one more game using this technology but even then I think that's a stretch. Nobody wants to work with them, and Team Bondi isn't around anymore to use the tech from its sister company.

Also, I thought LA Noire was super amazing, for what its worth. Which is nothing.

#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

You will see maybe one more game using this technology but even then I think that's a stretch. Nobody wants to work with them, and Team Bondi isn't around anymore to use the tech from its sister company.

Also, I thought LA Noire was super amazing, for what its worth. Which is nothing.

I think that company that was created the tech is actaully no more, or they sold off.

#4 Posted by AlisterCat (5695 posts) -

@Dany: Last I heard Team Bondi was absorbed in to it because they owed so much money. I wouldn't be surprised if those debts take them down too.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

provide a picture, I'm not gonna waste time trying to remember the person

#6 Posted by tobygw (582 posts) -

If you haven't seen Mad Men, watch it and have your mind blown.

#7 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

But you're going to waste time typing up that comment? The time it took you to type that out would've been equal to the time it would've taken you to google.

http://lggaming.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/roy-earle.png

#8 Edited by AndrewB (7686 posts) -

The coronererecently played on an episode of Castle too. It was funny to recognize a television star from their appearance in a video game. He was my favorite character in L.A. Noire.

#9 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

But you're going to waste time typing up that comment? The time it took you to type that out would've been equal to the time it would've taken you to google.

And I would've googled what exactly? 

Also, I've seen every Dexter episode and I don't remember that guy, haha. Are you sure he's from Dexter?
#10 Edited by CVslyy (21 posts) -

Jack Kelso is played by gil mckinney who was in one of the later seasons of friday night lights. I was a big fan of the show so when I saw Kelso in the game i freaked out because the resemblence was uncanny.

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

And I would've googled what exactly? Also, I've seen every Dexter episode and I don't remember that guy, haha. Are you sure he's from Dexter?

He plays agent Walker

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0364227/

#12 Edited by mlarrabee (3025 posts) -

@tobygw said:

Just about to say this. It's the rouges gallery of 1950s era-capable actors.

#13 Posted by Brodehouse (10105 posts) -

In season five of Dexter, there is an IA cop working with Laguerta. If you listen closely, or look at the credits, you'll realize he's Kaidan Alenko. And he's a skinny, pale balding fellow.

#14 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

@AlisterCat: Me too! but yeah nobody cares.

#15 Posted by Bestostero (2758 posts) -

I recognize many of the characters in the game, but I only identified Brian Krause the guy who was on charmed. After that i realize that they used actors... good stuff lol

#16 Posted by HellBrendy (994 posts) -

@DoctorWelch said:

So I just wanted to share this with some people who would actually and appreciate know what they hell I am talking about. I am watching season 5 of Dexter, and the FBI agent is one of the main characters, Roy Earle, in LA Noire. Although the game wasnt super amazing, the fact that I feel as though I have also seen this guy play another character in a movie when in fact, it was actually a video game, is pretty amazing. It just got me excited to see what new games using this technology will mean for the entirety of gaming.

I really don't hope we get electric clones of actors. If I wanted an actor, I'd go see a movie. I want a videogame with videogame characters.

#17 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

@tobygw said:

Planning on it, just after I catch up with Dexter and Breaking Bad.

#18 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

And I would've googled what exactly? Also, I've seen every Dexter episode and I don't remember that guy, haha. Are you sure he's from Dexter?

Why are you constantly a dickhead on the internet. I over my years at GB Ive seen multiply posts of yours where you act like a immature child on these forums. If you don't want to look it up, then don't and leave it at that. Why you waste your life away actively and continuously posting stupid comments on forums is beyond me, and that's all I'm going to say to you.

#19 Posted by laserbolts (5337 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic Umm look at your post count. You don't want to waste time? Seriously?
#20 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@DoctorWelch said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Why are you constantly a dickhead on the internet. 

I wasn't being a dickhead.. Try to re-read that post in a friendly "dude what!" tone, because that's what was intended, not in a hostile or dickish way. Try to relax on these forums, we're mostly friendly with our comments and replies.

I over my years at GB Ive seen multiply posts of yours where you act like a immature child on these forums. 

Yes, sometimes I'm mature, organizing gamenights and creating massive threads, and sometimes I'm the most immature kid talking crap, it's really fun, you should try it, doesn't harm anybody and gives you some good laughs. 

Why you waste your life away actively and continuously posting stupid comments on forums is beyond me, and that's all I'm going to say to you.

I fail at social life, miserably, so I honestly got nothing better to do than play games and post on this forum 24/7, some of those posts are stupid, and I'm proud of them. Relax.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.