L.A. Noire Co-Op: Where is it?

#1 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Can Rockstar or Team Bondi's survivors tell?

Thanks, great game!

#2 Posted by yyZiggurat (1026 posts) -

It's an adventure game. I don't think it needs any sort of multiplayer.

#3 Posted by huntad (1958 posts) -

I'm surprised they even got the game out.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

was it supposed to have coop or are you asking for it?

#5 Posted by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

One guy can carefully unfold the note, and the other can carefully fold it back up. Cut investigation time in half.

#6 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I wish it did have co-op, could have got a friend to play the bulk of this shitty game for me...

#7 Posted by M_Shini (551 posts) -

Wouldnt be very fun following your partner around asking questions waiting, there isnt all that much actual action, i gusse they could have made some sort of free roaming co op missions to go along with it, altho that may or may not have just detracted from what the goal of the game was. Idk what aspect of the game i hounestly would have wanted Co-op in.

#8 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Yeah, there could be a voting system, if you both vote doubt he'll doubt, if you can't agree then you fail the case.

#9 Posted by DeF (4977 posts) -

@mscupcakes said:

Yeah, there could be a voting system, if you both vote doubt he'll doubt, if you can't agree then you fail the case.

@Sooty said:

I wish it did have co-op, could have got a friend to play the bulk of this shitty game for me...

you both know that you can do all that ...you know ... in real life? asking people with words and stuff?

@Emilio said:

Can Rockstar or Team Bondi's survivors tell?

Thanks, great game!

what on earth would you do with co-op on this game?!

#10 Posted by Beaker (94 posts) -

I don't think the game needs co-op. As a game that leans heavily on the character development of Phelps, a second character could negatively impact that progression. Plus the games mechanics are built for a solo experience.

#11 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

one guy can be the good cop and one can be the bad cop 
good cop gets truth, doubt, lie 
bad cop gets truth intimidate, threaten

#12 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

@DeF: ah yes, but you can't enjoy Jolly Cooperation online.

#13 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I can't help but think that it would be the dullest co-op game in quite a long time.

#14 Posted by david3cm (636 posts) -

This game doesn't need co-op, it needs competitive multiplayer.

#15 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@DeF said:

@mscupcakes said:

@Sooty said:

you both know that you can do all that ...you know ... in real life? asking people with words and stuff?

After having played the game I don't know if I could make somebody do it actually. It was painful enough for me getting through that game, its charm wore off after the first 3 hours.

#16 Posted by mandude (2666 posts) -

Good-cop, cop-who-gets-really-bored-and-starts-shooting-people-in-the-face.

#17 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Meh, I don't think the game needs co-op. It's better that it remained a solo experience so you could take it in at your own pace.

#18 Posted by Daiphyer (1352 posts) -

Your sense: Where is it?

#19 Posted by Village_Guy (2662 posts) -

@mandude said:

Good-cop, cop-who-gets-really-bored-and-starts-shooting-people-in-the-face.

I wish but in LA Noire it would be more like: Good-cop, good-cop-who-can't-do-anything-besides-standing-next-to-other-cop.

#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

What? Why?

#21 Posted by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -

My mistake. It's the part of the job. You understand.

#22 Posted by JoeyRavn (4983 posts) -

@Sooty said:

After having played the game I don't know if I could make somebody do it actually. It was painful enough for me getting through that game, its charm wore off after the first 3 hours.

If after 3 hours you saw that you didn't like the game, why did you keep playing?

#23 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Just do what I did. My girlfriend was watching and we were deciding what choices to pick in each investigation.

#24 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

Nah, that wouldn't really work.

#25 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Beat the homicide desk without using low kick.

#26 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -

No. It needs a fedora editor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.