Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

LA Noire , Good Or Bad?

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By vietthreat

After finishing LA Noire, i was left with a feeling of sadness because of the events that occurred. Team Bondi did what few other games can do and that is tell a story that has very Adult themes to it and is engaging to the gamer. Many games try very hard to have a strong narrative but seem to fall short because telling a story in games is different than telling it through movies or a TV Series. LA Noire isn't without its faults but what i admire most about the game is its ambition to give gamers something new and refreshing especially for the mature audience in the gaming community. Peoples perception of video gamers has always been that they are childish and immature and i think with LA Noire, Team Bondi has shown that games can be very much for the older audience. The game part of LA Noire still needs tweaking as i found sometimes i would be thrown out of the world because of actions that were clearly put in to remind us that it is a game but if Team Bondi were to work on their formula for the game while keeping the atmosphere and everything else i can see LA Noire being an amazing new IP. It is still great but still needs work. 

What do you guys think of LA Noire? 

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By vietthreat

After finishing LA Noire, i was left with a feeling of sadness because of the events that occurred. Team Bondi did what few other games can do and that is tell a story that has very Adult themes to it and is engaging to the gamer. Many games try very hard to have a strong narrative but seem to fall short because telling a story in games is different than telling it through movies or a TV Series. LA Noire isn't without its faults but what i admire most about the game is its ambition to give gamers something new and refreshing especially for the mature audience in the gaming community. Peoples perception of video gamers has always been that they are childish and immature and i think with LA Noire, Team Bondi has shown that games can be very much for the older audience. The game part of LA Noire still needs tweaking as i found sometimes i would be thrown out of the world because of actions that were clearly put in to remind us that it is a game but if Team Bondi were to work on their formula for the game while keeping the atmosphere and everything else i can see LA Noire being an amazing new IP. It is still great but still needs work. 

What do you guys think of LA Noire? 

badsmalltalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By badsmalltalker

I think it's a very ambitious game.  One that has its flaws, but should still be commended for doing some groundbreaking things in terms of ways that you play a story-focused game. 

Aside from the gameplay issues I had, which others have pointed out in the many other threads, my main problem with the story was the way it was delivered.  The pacing of the last section I thought wasn't so great, especially the ending.  If you're going to do noire, then make sure it feels that way and doesn't just follow the tropes of the genre.  The dark, nothing-is-ever-fixed, style of story they were trying to tell at the end was ruined for me due to the bad ways they concluded the story, it just felt rushed and disjointed.  It didn't feel like a climax as much as it did a "well, I guess that's it." 

If you're game is like a movie, I think it should flow story-wise like a movie.  The gameplay should fit right in rather than interrupt the storytelling.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.