Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

LA Noire Official Soundtrack Details

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Contro

No Caption Provided
    Rockstar Games have released details for it's LA Noire Official Soundtrack. It's sounds awesome, love the atmosphere this music evokes -  check out some of the links below.      

Press Release:    

Inspired by the orchestral music of the great films of the 40s, this OST is 100% original and was recorded at Abbey Road Studios.  

Black Music in LA Noire plays a crucial role throughout the game, since it tells players where to find additional clues, or when a crime scene has been fully combed through.  Looking through the world of LA Noire, players will be able to listen well over 32 jazz classics, including Billie Holiday, Dizzy Gillespie, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong and Thelonious Monk, "says Rockstar.

In addition, the publisher also announces LA Noire: Remixed, a result of the partnership with Verve Records, there are 6 modern remixes of classic jazz, reinterpreted by famous DJs including Dave Sitek and arrangers, and Truth & DJ Premier Soul.  The tracklist:

1.  She Fitzgerald & Louis Jordan - Stone Cold Dead in the Market "(Ticklah remix)
    2.  Lionel Hampton & His Orchestra - "Hey-Ba-Ba-Re-Bop" (Midnight Sun remix)
    3.  Dinah Washington - "A Slick Chick (On The Mellow Side)" (Max Balloon remix)
    4.  Louis Jordan - "Is not Nobody Here Goal Us Chickens" (DJ Premier remix)
    5.  Gene Krupa - "Sing Sing Sing" (Truth & Soul Remix)
    6.  Billie Holiday - "That Ol 'Devil Called Love (Moodymann remix)

Both discs will be sold on iTunes May 17, it will be possible to soak up the music from the game a few days before its release.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

sounds good. i'll enjoy those tunes during the game, but i've no interest in video game soundtracks as standalone products 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Afroman269
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " sounds good. i'll enjoy those tunes during the game, but i've no interest in video game soundtracks as standalone products  "
    this
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Contro

I( won't be buying this before I get the game, I want to experience this music in-game first, I know Jazz, but I'm no buff. What I'd really like from this are obscure tracks, not a compilation of classics.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I really hope the full game features more than 32 songs, and they're just talking about the soundtrack itself.  Every GTA game has had WAY more than 32 songs, and with a soundtrack that small, it could get old driving around town and listening to the radio.

I also hope there's a bit more variety than 1940s Jazz.
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fjordson

Holy shit, how did I miss this topic? You beat mine by a full day. Fail on my part.

Anyways, yeah I'm probably going to be buying both of these. Especially since they brought in Woody Jackson again. His score for Red Dead Redemption was incredible.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @Fjordson said:
    " Holy shit, how did I miss this topic? You beat mine by a full day. Fail on my part.Anyways, yeah I'm probably going to be buying both of these. Especially since they brought in Woody Jackson again. His score for Red Dead Redemption was incredible. "
    Regarding the last part of your post in the thread that you made, I checked into the history of car radios.  I'm happy to say that car radios were invented in the 1930s, and by 1947--when the game takes place--they were quite common.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    " @Fjordson said:
    " Holy shit, how did I miss this topic? You beat mine by a full day. Fail on my part.Anyways, yeah I'm probably going to be buying both of these. Especially since they brought in Woody Jackson again. His score for Red Dead Redemption was incredible. "
    Regarding the last part of your post in the thread that you made, I checked into the history of car radios.  I'm happy to say that car radios were invented in the 1930s, and by 1947--when the game takes place--they were quite common. "
    haha nice find
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By PhatSeeJay

I'm more a 30's kind of guy myself.
    Though with that said, I can't wait for this game! Still have little clues about this game but I can't but love the premise.
    Will probably buy the soundtrack as well... I usually do when it comes to the music coming from the Rockstar games.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vexxan

Lovely music, they'll go great with the game. I will however not buy the actual soundtrack, I want to experience the music first-hand ingame.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By sameeeeam

Rockstar published games almost always have amazing soundtracks.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Underachiever007 said:
    " Rockstar published games almost always have amazing soundtracks. "
    agreed! they know how to pick their radio music and/or create suitable scores 
    fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fjordson

Looks like car radios will be a part of the game, in addition to the original score.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6312433/sound-byte-la-noire-soundtrack/

GS: How do you approach individual tracks in the game to set the scene or complement the action?

IP:L.A. Noire uses classic jazz tracks on the car radio, but because of the unique design of the game that takes you from a crime scene to interrogations and then finally to tracking down a perpetrator, we can focus on creating very specific vibes at each point in a case. You will hear different kinds of music at a homicide crime scene, for instance, than that of something from vice. In addition, interrogations have their own recognizable atmosphere, reminding players that they're in for a challenge.

Nice. I was hoping they would go that direction. Licensed music on the radio, then the original score at key moments everywhere else. Also, that page has a full track to listen to from the OST.
    dablemont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By dablemont

Sweet! Glad to see it making to iTunes. I really wished Fallout3 and New Vegas had albums, instead of making me chasing tracks one-by-one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.