PC version confirmed

• 52 results
#1 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/17161/la-noire-is-coming-for-pc-this-fall.html

Already bought it for the PS3, but good for PC only gamers who want to check out this awesome title.

#2 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

PC IS COMING.

#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

I approve.

#4 Edited by Oddface (85 posts) -

This is great news! Already played through it on PS3, but I would definitely prefer to play it on more powerful hardware the next time. This also means that Rockstar hasn't completely abandoned the PC as a platform, which seemed to be the case for a little while there.

#5 Posted by Beaudacious (934 posts) -

Wtf....., the main reason i bought an Xbox 360 was because Rockstar basically gave PC gamers the finger after RedDead'a release. Can't find the link to the statement containing the verbal bashing placed upon pc gamers by rockstar. Well i guess this is good news, I wish people would stop backtracking on their claims.

#6 Posted by AlisterCat (5714 posts) -

Damn it. I bought the Xbox360 version, I bought all the DLC. Now I'll end up buying it all again.

#7 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

Was gonna get it for PS3 at some point, but I think I'll wait and see how the PC version turns out instead.
Not going to lie, I've been burned by Rockstar more than once with their shoddy PC ports, but I'll consider this a chance for them to redeem themselves in my eyes.

#8 Posted by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

Great news. I can only hope that the PC port is better than GTA IV.

#9 Posted by Cirdain (3145 posts) -

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

oh I'm so fucking pleased right now...... oh shit I remember their last PC game...... GTA4 did not run on my PC... My PC hasn't changed... fuck.

#10 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Too bad I already have it for 360. I would have bought it for PC if I had the chance.

#11 Posted by Marz (5671 posts) -

Rather have RDR on PC than LA Noire but whatevs.

#12 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Fuck, I bought the ps3 version and have to buy it again on pc again. 

Oh well imagine the graphics, it's going to be so epic on pc.

#13 Posted by Cheesebob (1249 posts) -

Fan-bloody-tastic!

Now I wish Red Dead Redemption would come to PC

#14 Posted by Vitor (2832 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

Different team most likely so there's hope.

CANNOT WAIT. If you've seen the developer diaries, you'll notice that the facial scans are actually of a significantly higher resolution initially before they're downsized for the game. Hopefully they'll retain the detail for the PC.

Plus, considering how sparse the open world is, this isn't going to be the CPU behemoth that GTA 4 was. Waaaaay less calculations going on. And, since you can auto drive almost anywhere, I doubt it'd be hard to maintain 60FPS in the indoor areas/interrogations.

#15 Posted by AlisterCat (5714 posts) -

@Cirdain: Have you tried it recently. They released a massive patch which more than doubled the frame rate for me.

#16 Posted by Evilsbane (4736 posts) -

What if..what if..they...DID RDR FINALLY AHHH DOIT DOIT DOIT!

#17 Posted by Echo (391 posts) -

Whoa! Didn't expect this. Awesome!

#18 Posted by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

@benjaebe said:

Different engine, different team (R* Toronto "did" GTA4 PC) and this is the year 2011 and not 2008 so I'm hopeful. Still a good idea to be prepared with a decent quad-core, a decent graphics card with at least a gig of memory and then some. Mouse control here I come..

#19 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

Fuck I just bought LA noire on Xbox 360, oh well.

#20 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

God dam yes. I was wondering if Rockstar was always going to turn its back on PC after the terrible GTA 4 port and Red Dead just not showing up period. Here's hoping at some point they can actually releases a game on all three platforms at the same time for once. Please please please don't be a terrible port.

#21 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

That's nice but what about RDR?

#22 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

Finally, still waiting on RDR.

#23 Posted by Cirdain (3145 posts) -
@somejerk said:

@benjaebe said:

Different engine, different team (R* Toronto "did" GTA4 PC) and this is the year 2011 and not 2008 so I'm hopeful. Still a good idea to be prepared with a decent quad-core, a decent graphics card with at least a gig of memory and then some. Mouse control here I come..

Different Team but I thought it was an engine based of the rockstar RAGE engine code.
#24 Posted by emem (1974 posts) -

I had to check if it's April the first lol.

Cool, was going to buy it for the PS3, now I'll wait.

#25 Posted by BombKareshi (979 posts) -

Great! Now I might actually play it.

#26 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@somejerk said:

@benjaebe said:

Same engine dude.

#27 Posted by theoldhouse (439 posts) -

I have a friend working on this as we speak. 

Bet it'll suck ass !  

Just kidding, it'll be great. Rockstar Leeds are pretty competent.

#28 Posted by Jeffk38uk (719 posts) -

What else can one do but go eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! 

I do wonder tho if the PC version will bundle in all the extra DLC cases as well.

#29 Posted by Binman88 (3690 posts) -

Well great. Already got it on PS3, but would prefer a PC version. Guess I'll buy it too :(

#30 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

glad i didnt buy it then

#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@Beaudacious said:
Wtf....., the main reason i bought an Xbox 360 was because Rockstar basically gave PC gamers the finger after RedDead'a release. Can't find the link to the statement containing the verbal bashing placed upon pc gamers by rockstar. Well i guess this is good news, I wish people would stop backtracking on their claims.
The only reason i have a PS3 is to buy these non-PC Rockstar games, too.... 

why the fuck did i buy L.A. Noire for PS3 if it's coming out on PC? I barely play the thing >_>
#32 Posted by Lazyaza (2212 posts) -

God fucking FUCK I bought the game for PS3 just last week, haven't even started playing it yet.   Now I have to trade it in. Why did they have to wait a week to announce this sigh.

#33 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

Your faces will go from :D to :|

#34 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

@Jeffk38uk said:

What else can one do but go eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I do wonder tho if the PC version will bundle in all the extra DLC cases as well.

I'm sure they'll include just enough to say that the PC version was "worth the wait", and then they'll sell the rest as DLC on the PC as well.

My least favorite publisher/developer phrase when announcing delays PC ports of console titles: "worth the wait".

Fuck off with that, seriously. It never is.

#35 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

I like how one of the features is keyboard remapping. Shouldn't that be in all games by default? Well, maybe it should, but it isn't, and that's no fun...

Hopefully it will be a better port than GTA IV, and hopefully it will include all DLC.

#36 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@rebgav said:

1) Refuse to acknowledge PC version at launch

2) Release PC version six months after consoles

3) ????

4) Blame piracy.

Rockstar does not see the incentive to have PC games at launch with their other titles because as many people here have said, they alreadly bought the game and won't buy it again. That is their answer to PC piracy in my mind

#37 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@Dany said:

@rebgav said:

3) ????

4) Blame piracy.

Rockstar does not see the incentive to have PC games at launch with their other titles because as many people here have said, they alreadly bought the game and won't buy it again. That is their answer to PC piracy in my mind

doesn't mean they still cant announce it earlier

#38 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@Laketown said:

@Dany said:

@rebgav said:

3) ????

4) Blame piracy.

Then people wouldn't have bought the PS3 and 360 versions and they would have lost important sales

#39 Posted by Animasta (14719 posts) -

@Dany said:

@Laketown said:

@Dany said:

@rebgav said:

3) ????

4) Blame piracy.

Then people wouldn't have bought the PS3 and 360 versions and they would have lost important sales

not as much as you probably think

#40 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@Dany said:

I think you need to define who those people are. If it's people that would have waited to buy the PC version, then that wouldn't exactly be true, now would it?
#41 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

I suspect it isn't the best game ever, but I'll play it anyway... just because it's Rockstar.

#42 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

@Dany said:

I think you need to define who those people are. If it's people that would have waited to buy the PC version, then that wouldn't exactly be true, now would it?

I don't think their are enough people that 'waited' to make this announcment worth anything.

#43 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -
@Dany: Those are some hefty claims... based on?
#44 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

@SlasherMan said:

Not claiming anything, just my oppinion

#45 Posted by faunt (29 posts) -

Seeing how my Xbox 360 is broken, I'm quite happy to hear that.

#46 Posted by valrog (3648 posts) -

Great news. I was worried that Rockstar has left us forever.

#47 Posted by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@somejerk said:

Same engine dude.

Aha. Thought the Bondi guys were on their own with their own very GTA4-like engine.. doh :D

This bodes well for the PC version if R* Toronto helps out, which they ought to.

#48 Posted by Cirdain (3145 posts) -
@Dany said:

@SlasherMan said:

Not claiming anything, just my oppinion

I personally was waiting... IMO ur O is void *Slaps you across the face*
#49 Edited by Bismarck (432 posts) -

F yeah, i was so pissed when i sow PS3/Xbox 360 when it was released.

rdr for pc would be also awesome.

#50 Posted by Devildoll (909 posts) -

yea just got an email from rockstar , i was going to give them my regular reply , "MAKE A PC VERSION"

then i read the mail , and they actually said that its comming this fall , kinda surprised me .

awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.