Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

PS3 Owners getting the raw end of the deal?

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#101  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE. OPEN YOUR FUCKING.

GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE.

IT'S DARKER. IN FACT, IT IS MUCH DARKER THAN IT SHOULD BE. IN FACT, IT'S SO DARK IT ACTUALLY LOOKS WORSE BECAUSE YOU CAN REMOVE BRIGHTNESS FROM AN IMAGE WITH FAR LESS FUCKING LOSS THAN YOU CAN INCREASE THE FUCKIGN BRIGHTNESS.

FUCK. I AM SO TIRED OF IGNORANT FUCKING PEOPLE POSTING THIS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN BE TRICKED BY THEIR BRAIN INTO THINKING CONTRAST MATTERS.

The textures, lighting, and effects all look the same. This is like that shit with Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. THEY LOOK IDENTICAL on the same screen. ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE FUCKING IMAGE FOR GOD'S SAKE.

I know this is tough love bordering on being an asshole but I HATE that sites post this shit because people ALWAYS fucking fall for it. STOP thinking that darker darks=better looking. If the game is seriously that dark on 360 I'd rather have the PS3 version.

PS3 captures are generally a little lower on contrast, but this is bullshit. The game will NOT look like this people, and the contrast and darkness is NOT important, especially when those settings are usually changed in game very easily.
    @MB:  SURPRISE, when you up the contrast of an image, the shadows will look much more noticeable and bold and defined. Yet, if you look at the PS3 shot, you will clearly see that the lighting is the same, only the values in the image are difference.

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS KIND OF SHIT. If the values are that wildly different there is SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE COMPARISON, not the game, almost CERTAINLY. Look at the SHAPE of shadows, the RESOLUTION of textures, and the SMOOTHNESS of the edges. Not on how fucking dark the shadows are. His uniform is almost black on the 360 image. If it was just lighting, that would NOT be the case.
    SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By SpartanAmbrose
    @MordeaniisChaos: Ouch! OK, OK, we get it! ='(
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By MrKlorox
    @MordeaniisChaos: We've already determined the PS3 screens are taken from videos that have been compressed multiple times instead of directly from the game.
    hughesie27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104  Edited By hughesie27
    @MordeaniisChaos: You're wrong
    Resizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Resizzle
    @MordeaniisChaos: kinda dumb bro
    grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#106  Edited By grilledcheez

They both look fine, I don't get it.  If you aren't up on your history, PS3 games are usually a lot "lighter" and 360 games are "darker".

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#107  Edited By Soap

I don't care, You shouldn't care, pick a platform and enjoy a great fucking game.

/end of thread.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#108  Edited By Vexxan

The 360 version may be darker but comparing that pillar from both shots I gotta say 360 version looks way better

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MideonNViscera

Just like every other comparison I've ever saw, the only difference I can see is in the brightness haha

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ninjakiller

Shrug, all I know I will be sitting on my couch in god mode without having to get up and switch disks, while peasant 360 owners will have to get up twice to fully enjoy the complete game.  

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MideonNViscera

haha I dunno how you live your life, but I plan to get up way more than twice on my way through this game.

brocool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#112  Edited By brocool

dude how retarded are you.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SpartanAmbrose
    @ninjakiller said:
    Shrug, all I know I will be sitting on my couch in god mode without having to get up and switch disks, while peasant 360 owners will have to get up twice to fully enjoy the complete game.  
    /thread
    wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By wickedsc3
    @MordeaniisChaos: wow.
    Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Zimbo

I never imagined there were people gullible enough to fall for that second photo. It's clearly a bullshit comparison.

I'm not sure whether the PS3 version will be better or not but I'm sticking with it anyway just like RDR, (Which wasn't as bad as people made it out to be) as I only own a PS3.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By zityz
    @ninjakiller said:
    Oh yea well, i'll be able to get up and get food while I switch disks while your so into the amazingness of the game you'll die from lack of eating.... Actually, yea I got nothing. One time I would rather have a ps3 version of a game. I just don't own a ps3.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By MeierTheRed

I'm not getting the game for either platform, but if i where it would be PS3. But if anyone actually changes their order by just seeing those two screenshots, they might have lost their minds.

Don't know where those two screenshots are taken from, and what was used to capture them. But in general when taking screenshots out of the box on both consoles, 360 always comes out darker, because out of the box RGB Full Range isn't enabled on the PS3.
    ATTILAtheFUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#118  Edited By ATTILAtheFUN

THIS IS NOT A REALIST REPRESENTATION OF PS3 VERSION, IT IS A HOAX!

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By grilledcheez
    @ninjakiller said:
    Better than a 20+ minute install or the 10+ minute patch downloads...
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#120  Edited By Daveyo520
    @Soap said:
    I don't care, You shouldn't care, pick a platform and enjoy a great fucking game.

/end of thread.
    Exactly, graphics don't matter over the rest of the game.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@GrilledCheez01 said:

@ninjakiller said:

Yeah, fuck you for owning ['the opposition']. I support [a different company from you] and they love me in return. The [company and hardware] I support are better than the [company and hardware] you support. The ['opposition'] has no redeeming features whatsoever.

Seriously, fuck console wars. It perpetuates 'gamer' stereotypes and does absolutely nothing for the medium. Spouting shit like this in defence of your toys is beyond child-like (and no doubt a residual behavioural aspect from when you were a child). These are mega-corporations; why would you pledge your allegiance to one in such an asinine fashion? Play the games, leave the squabbling to the pre-teens.

Take a step back and consider this fact: you are arguing over exactly the same game. You both have different boxes that play, more or less, exactly the same games. 
    PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By PokeIkzai

hahaha wow. Can PS3 users ever get a break?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By grilledcheez
    @GetEveryone said:
    @GrilledCheez01 said:

@ninjakiller said:

Yeah, fuck you for owning ['the opposition']. I support [a different company from you] and they love me in return. The [company and hardware] I support are better than the [company and hardware] you support. The ['opposition'] has no redeeming features whatsoever.

Seriously, fuck console wars. It perpetuates 'gamer' stereotypes and does absolutely nothing for the medium. Spouting shit like this in defence of your toys is beyond child-like (and no doubt a residual behavioural aspect from when you were a child). These are mega-corporations; why would you pledge your allegiance to one in such an asinine fashion? Play the games, leave the squabbling to the pre-teens.

Take a step back and consider this fact: you are arguing over exactly the same game. You both have different boxes that play, more or less, exactly the same games. 
    Nobody's arguing about anything, you should take some oxycodone and pass the fuck out.  All I did was point out a fact.  If it bothers you this much, tell Sony to quit screwing us with 1x drives in consoles.  I own a PS3, but don't use it due to me having to sit there every time I want to play a game.
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#124  Edited By benjaebe

OP should make the edits more clearly visible, because I think a lot of people are still missing that this is a fake.

Or just remove the images entirely.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Azteck

Is there grass on the PS3?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GrilledCheez01: Except you threw back a petty retort to an already totally useless point. 

All I did was point out a fact.  If it bothers you this much, tell Sony to quit screwing us... I own a PS3, but don't use it due to me having to sit there every time I want to play a game.

Well done for totally missing my point, though. It wasn't a defence of Sony. My name is in blue only on the grounds that my 360 is dead. Preference is one thing, being an arsehole about it is another.

...and Oxy would be fantastic; I'm in the throes of exam fatigue and could do with a a good bout of unconsciousness.

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By 1p

Haven't seen any legit comparisons anywhere yet. I hope we got some soon, because i need to decide.

I stopped caring about platform differences at one point, and then i got Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3. Yeeaaaah, and now i care again.

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Obsidian

If I didn't own a PC I might actually care about the insignificant differences between consoles.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#129  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hmm interesting, still haven't ordered it! Be surprised if there was a huge difference. 

If there was going to be any downgrade I would have guessed it would have been the Xbox 360 version. 

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By grilledcheez
    @GetEveryone said:
    @GrilledCheez01: Except you threw back a petty retort to an already totally useless point. 

All I did was point out a fact.  If it bothers you this much, tell Sony to quit screwing us... I own a PS3, but don't use it due to me having to sit there every time I want to play a game.

Well done for totally missing my point, though. It wasn't a defence of Sony. My name is in blue only on the grounds that my 360 is dead. Preference is one thing, being an arsehole about it is another.

...and Oxy would be fantastic; I'm in the throes of exam fatigue and could do with a a good bout of unconsciousness.

Agreed...and considering you missed the point of us pointing out the flaws of the systems, it's only fair I could miss your point of saying aligning yourself with a console is pointless and stupid.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GrilledCheez01 said:
    Considering you missed the point of us pointing out the flaws of the systems.
    I didn't miss it. Granted, my reply to that point was dressed up in a few layers of sarcasm, though, so here it is again. 

@GetEveryone said: 
    The ['opposition'] has no redeeming features whatsoever.
    Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Giacomito

I wonder, do people have horrible internet connections or something?
    I hear so many people complaining about slow PSN updates or patches.. I have never waiter for more than 3 minutes for a patch to a game.
    NEVER has a patch taken 10+ minutes.

I guess this is a perk for living in sweden, good internet

Feikken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Feikken

video games smell nice

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By louiedog
    @Giacomito said:

I wonder, do people have horrible internet connections or something?I hear so many people complaining about slow PSN updates or patches.. I have never waiter for more than 3 minutes for a patch to a game.NEVER has a patch taken 10+ minutes.I guess this is a perk for living in sweden, good internet

CheapyD of CheapAssGamer.com complains about them being slow on his podcast and he lives in Tokyo with a very fast connection. Most people I've seen who have both a 360 and PS3 say that 360 downloads are much faster. I do think that it's at least partially due to Sony's servers. Maybe it's not your connection, but the strain on the servers in your region being a lot less than they are in North America and Japan.

@Azteck said:

Is there grass on the PS3?

If so, play ball. Am I right, boys?
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By AlexW00d
    @GrilledCheez01 said:
    @ninjakiller said:
    You must have terrible internet as a patch has never taken much longer than 60 seconds to download for me, except the 300mb GT5 ones that take about 4 minutes.
    Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Giacomito
    @louiedog: Yeah I guess, I dont know. I have both a ps3 and 360 and although 360 is faster with downloads of the store (mainly because 360 doesnt have to install after downloading like ps3, otherwise it's pretty similar), I think patching games is equally as fast.

I have at least never experienced a wait of 10+ minutes for a patch.

But yeah maybe servers are more overloaded in Japan and NA.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By DonPixel

This is getting ridiculous I though we were over the console warz noobz 

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#138  Edited By tebbit
    @Berserker976 said:

That washed out look makes me think whatever PS3 was used wasn't set to full range HDMI, could be wrong, but that seems like a textbook case of someone forgetting to enable that option.

I never understood why that was a setting that users can toggle to begin with. Who the hell wants a washed-out picture?
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DonPixel
    @Zabant said:

These are coming out of GAF users with *ahem* "Early" copies of the game i believe. Might not be all that trust worthy but there has been a little bit of a buzz about the PS3 version looking not so hot.
    What these screen do not show though is the framerate. I'll take the muddy textures if it means 60FPS vs something like 20 on the 360.

GAF users are the New Gamespot consolez Warz Noobz - Any OT about any major multi platform release is mostly about what version to get:  Links to comparison sites and endless pointless arguments about why should you go 360 or PS3. Most of this conversation are pretty much a dejaa vu of the last one with the recurrent topics being: Trophies vs Achievment, Resoultion vs Texture, Contrast ratio, Color palette, framerate etc...    I have a hard time believing the good reputation of that site as almost 50% of the conversation has trivial meaningless endless debate about "what version to get"

Most likely you won't hear this but:  I beg you to stop this silly madness and keep giantbom free of this crap, honestly this is one of the few gaming community without this issue just go get whatever you want and relax. 

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
    @Tebbit said:
    @Berserker976 said:

That washed out look makes me think whatever PS3 was used wasn't set to full range HDMI, could be wrong, but that seems like a textbook case of someone forgetting to enable that option.

I never understood why that was a setting that users can toggle to begin with. Who the hell wants a washed-out picture?
    It's there because most TVs still don't support RGB Full range. If your TV doesn't support it, all it will do is make the image darker. Which is the only reason why you think Limited looks washed out. If your TV does support it, then just switching it to Full is a stupid thing to do, because you also have to re-calibrate your brightness, contrast, and color. 

Bottom line, if your tv doesn't support Full range, then turning it on is basically the same as keeping it on Limited and turning down the brightness of the tv. The same exact thing.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#141  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Zabant: you should really edit your original post to say that it's bullshit up front.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuck the textures and lighting, i just wanna enjoy the game

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By CL60

Was this already posted here? Hope it's not real.

No Caption Provided

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Funkydupe

Let's just find out for ourselves? What are we to make of those comparisons anyway not knowing whether or not someone altered it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#145  Edited By JasonR86
    @CL60 said:
    Was this already posted here? Hope it's not real.

No Caption Provided

Something looks weird about that picture.  I don't think it is real.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By ninjakiller
    @GetEveryone said:

@GrilledCheez01 said:

@ninjakiller said:

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over my Blu-Ray copy of Inception that I had playing in my PS3.  I'd retort, but talking to a peasant 360 owner is beneath my social class. 

I call bullshit on these pics, it's pointless to speculate until Tuesday anyway when the reviews can be released. 
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#147  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@MordeaniisChaos said:

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE. OPEN YOUR FUCKING.
    GOD DAMNIT PEOPLE.

IT'S DARKER. IN FACT, IT IS MUCH DARKER THAN IT SHOULD BE. IN FACT, IT'S SO DARK IT ACTUALLY LOOKS WORSE BECAUSE YOU CAN REMOVE BRIGHTNESS FROM AN IMAGE WITH FAR LESS FUCKING LOSS THAN YOU CAN INCREASE THE FUCKIGN BRIGHTNESS.

FUCK. I AM SO TIRED OF IGNORANT FUCKING PEOPLE POSTING THIS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN BE TRICKED BY THEIR BRAIN INTO THINKING CONTRAST MATTERS.

The textures, lighting, and effects all look the same. This is like that shit with Mass Effect 2 on the PS3. THEY LOOK IDENTICAL on the same screen. ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE FUCKING IMAGE FOR GOD'S SAKE.

I know this is tough love bordering on being an asshole but I HATE that sites post this shit because people ALWAYS fucking fall for it. STOP thinking that darker darks=better looking. If the game is seriously that dark on 360 I'd rather have the PS3 version.

PS3 captures are generally a little lower on contrast, but this is bullshit. The game will NOT look like this people, and the contrast and darkness is NOT important, especially when those settings are usually changed in game very easily.
    @MB: SURPRISE, when you up the contrast of an image, the shadows will look much more noticeable and bold and defined. Yet, if you look at the PS3 shot, you will clearly see that the lighting is the same, only the values in the image are difference.

DO NOT BELIEVE THIS KIND OF SHIT. If the values are that wildly different there is SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE COMPARISON, not the game, almost CERTAINLY. Look at the SHAPE of shadows, the RESOLUTION of textures, and the SMOOTHNESS of the edges. Not on how fucking dark the shadows are. His uniform is almost black on the 360 image. If it was just lighting, that would NOT be the case.

I don't think that little tirade was really necessary. There's no need to be so aggressive.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#148  Edited By sweep  Moderator

You know what, I have MORE SHIT TO SAY. Which means you guys have MORE SHIT TO READ.

While there is merit to a discussion about which version is better, idle speculation on un-sourced, hypothetical evidence is unproductive and encourages trivial arguments such as those that now plague this thread. Console wars are stupid, and there is no place for them on Giant Bomb.

As Kevin Butler once said:

"If you've a hot girlfriend and your friend get's a hot girlfriend, who wins? Everybody."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.