Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Silk Stocking Murder (Includes End of Homicide Spoilers)

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I beat the game. I'm going through a few cases to get 5-stars on the few I missed and I just finished doing The Silk Stocking murder for the second time. As you go through these homicide desk cases again you'll notice a ton of things that point to the eventual killer (the temp bartender). He's mentioned in real quick throw away sentences and even Phelps will bring up how peculiar it is that all the women are murdered right after visiting bars.

The only thing that hasn't played into this so far is the ending of the Silk Stocking Murder. After you find the (assumedly planted) evidence in the Fruit seller's back room, he takes off and you have to engage in a car chase. When you apprehend him, nothing is said at all. The other guys had reason to run (Moller thought they would convict on his bloody boot, pedo guy ran because he's a pedo, etc). The fruit seller though... Why did he run?

Your first time through you'll just assume it was an act of guilt, but as we now know that's not the case, I'm having a hard time understanding why he would run.
    azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By azrailx

by the second or third case i thought it was  temp bartender becuase he was mentioned at least twice

specially since in the first case which was obviously a setup is the only time u see him till the end
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DougQuaid

I agree. To me, this seemed like one of the weaker cases in homicide. It started off pretty interestingly, but ended abruptly. I'm supposed to believe the guy who planted all the evidence around the body and the guy I arrested are the same person? The brown Ford Coupe lead wasn't important enough to look into at all?    

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Legxend

For me when you get to the killers hideout you notice a bathtub full of blood and surgical which has blood all over it yet none of the cases match up which would lead you to believe he has killed more people yet everyone there just goes along ignoring the obvious. I also found the actually killer aspect to be a little weak there was no real motive or reasoning why he did it it was just like ' yeah here I am I did it'  I was expecting something a little more from it considering all the build up.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#5  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Legxend: Same here. I was also expecting some dramatic monologue or something that would explain his reasoning for killing all the women.
    Jocund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jocund
    @SpikeSpiegel@Legxend:  My sentiments exactly. I honestly thought the Hoboman with the burns across his face in one of the earlier Homicide cases would have been a more interesting culprit; almost everything that man said when I interrogated him was unnerving in some way- the hobo was far more plausible than a random homicidal bar temp. 
    Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zimbo
    @Legxend: I think the bathtub and surgical instruments were a reference to the Elizabeth Short murder where the BD cut her in half and drained her of most of her blood before leaving the body on the streets. Quite sickening that someone could do that in real life let alone a game.
    darkwingduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkwingduck

i think the homicide desk was 1-2 missions too long for my taste. i mean come ON, every victim is missing jewelry and has an affinity for visiting bars. still i was convicting random schmucks and husbands instead of connecting the dots. the mission where you finally get the guy makes up for it though. theres hardly anything cooler than chasing a trenchcoat-wearing shotgun-bearing serial killer through some dark corridors of a cathedral!!!

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Legxend
    @darkwingduck said:

i think the homicide desk was 1-2 missions too long for my taste. i mean come ON, every victim is missing jewelry and has an affinity for visiting bars. still i was convicting random schmucks and husbands instead of connecting the dots. the mission where you finally get the guy makes up for it though. theres hardly anything cooler than chasing a trenchcoat-wearing shotgun-bearing serial killer through some dark corridors of a cathedral!!!

That is what I was thinking when the second woman showed up and everyone around you in the game is basically saying '' serial killer no don't be daft '' and your left looking at a body that is exactly the same as the previous one.
    Redactdead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this post is like 9 years old but I found it cos I was kinda looking into the same thing- there's things in this case that don't make too much sense to me. Like why is the bloody scalpel and wooden box even there in the first place? Like you mentioned, assumingly it was planted there by Garrett Mason but that seems like a stretch considering there's only one way in that room and it's full view from Feeney's position at the front desk and generally the whole market. (I'm sure "it was planted" is the canonical answer anyways, but it has some flaws to me. Like did Feeney not go into that room at all during that entire day? That can't be true considering he was delivering at the bar earlier. He says he was delivering limes but I think it's obvious he was lying about delivering wine, and the room with the scalpel is the room where he keeps that stuff).

At first I thought maybe Feeney ran because the detectives found his secret stash of alcohol he was selling after hours, but he was pretty upfront about that during the interrogation right before you go looking around. He just blatantly says he sells it to make a buck after you doubt / bad cop him, so that would have to mean he knows the bloodied scalpel is there because the only reason for him to run would be related to that- he knows the detectives saw it and it looks bad so he fled, but /why/ does he have it? If it was planted, you'd think he would have just straight up mentioned it to help the detectives or even just thrown it away earlier.

Another thing that went no where in that case was the mention of the brown Ford Coupe. Both Angel and Feeney mention it and whoever was picking the victim up in that vehicle picked her up on two separate occasions- once from Angel's apartment and another time from Feeney's market. I feel like the fact it was mentioned twice (or at all, even) would have meant that it would have played a bigger role- had a stronger / more specific mention or actually lead to something- maybe even looking into it, but it's never even seen. I can't imagine it's Manson's car considering they picked her up on two separate occasions, plus- maybe they just didn't go into this detail -Manson has no car parked around his Church in the Quarter Moon Murders so unless that was just a missed opportunity, I feel like he just taxis to different bars when needed.

Idk, obviously I'm looking wayyy too much into it, but with the amount of detail they put into this game otherwise, this case feels really off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.