Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

The Clue Hint system

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hoossy

So it seems like for the first time with Rockstar's games, there will be a real way of scaling the difficulty up and down, besides changing the aiming mechanics.

I totally understand why Team Bondi has the combination of controller vibrations and piano music to correspond with being in proximity of a vital clue.  For them, the game is supposed to be one fluid storyline, not a headache for the average player.  
    But I'm also happy that they will we will have the option to play without these clues to give the more hardcore player the opportunity to approach each crime scene with only his/her's armed wits.  

So how will you all be playing the game?  
    Obviously we won't know how difficult the searching will be until we get our hands on a copy, but I myself will probably turn off proximity notification and leave on the option for music to fade out after you have fulfilled your search of the crime scene.  
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

I know I'll be trying my best to refrain from using the ''Intuition'' points. But who knows, really. I'll much rather not rely on any of the crutches the game gives you, but when I actually get into the game I might surprise myself..

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online
    @hoossy
    I pretty much feel the same as you.
    I might try turning off the vibrations. I definitely plan on keeping the background music that lets you know when you're done at a crime scene.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

my intuitions are always wrong, when i think i'm smart or doing something right, i end up so wrong it hurts

i'll be using all the help i can get ingame, thank you very much :( 
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    my intuitions are always wrong, when i think i'm smart or doing something right, i end up so wrong it hurts

You could even pretend Phelps' "detective senses" are tingling.
    PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I have vibration off as a default (it gets annoying in COD) and I doubt I'll turn it on for this game.  The music sounds really helpful though, I don't want to spend a bunch of time wandering around a crime scene and then it turns out I found everything.
    Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By manhattan_project

Only keeping the music hint on. I'll probably turn on black & white too.

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By haggis

I'm planning on turning off the hints, at least at first. If I start really screwing things up, then I'll turn them on. I'm considering a black and white play through the first time, but it really depends on how crisp the graphics are. In a shootout, the black and white might not offer up enough cues. We'll see.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @FrankCanada97 said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

You could even pretend Phelps' "detective senses" are tingling.
    Good idea!
    Spongetwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Spongetwan

I didnt even realize I could turn them off. I might do that on my second play through :D

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By veektarius

I think Intuition is pretty helpful at distinguishing between lies and doubts.  Sometimes a piece of evidence doesn't seem quite as strong as the story treats it.  However, without intuition, it seems like it always pays off to choose 'lie' if you aren't sure what kind of untruth it is.  Phelps will generally accuse them of something ridiculous and you can back out of it.  No penalty for that so far aside from Phelps sounding very embarrassed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.