Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

This games pretty damn good.

freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By freedo

So, a lot of people have been saying that this game is getting too much praise, undeserved praise, etc. I just finished the game. I think it's amazing and might be one of my personal all time favorites (just my opinion, duders). And now, I see all these threads talking about how much it sucks. I've only seen, like, three threads that like the game. The I see it's Metacritic is 89. I don't give two shits about metacritic scores, but the fact it's at 89 means quite a few reviewers thought "eeeehhh, it's alright I guess." So, where's all this insane praise everyone's talking about? Sounds to me, in my opinion, that's it's actually getting a little under appreciated as opposed to the other way around. I'm not trying to start a flame war or say everyone should have my opinion, but where's all the people that love this game? So far, I kinda feel like it's me, Brad, and Ryan against the rest of the world. Who's with me?

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By canucks23

89 on metacritic is really really good... This game is getting a lot of praise, it's just that there's a vocal group on forums that don't agree with some of it, which i can totally relate to. Everybody has different opinions, that's all there is to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm afraid you must pick a side for the upcoming war, the 'Rockstar Defence Force' or the 'I don't like popular things krew' there is no middle ground and no room for discussion…

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It definitely seems to be a very divisive game.

But don't worry, there's a lot of posters out there (such as myself) who think L.A. Noire deserved the praise its getting.

ApolloBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ApolloBob

Yep - I wonder if some people just bought it because of the praise without bothering to consider if it would be the type of game they'd enjoy.  I wanted a game where I could play detective and solve crimes by finding evidence and interrogating suspects.  The game delivered on that simple promise and then brought a lot of extra stuff to the table which was just gravy as far as I'm concerned.  I can certainly understand why some people wouldn't like it, but if they are really going to get so worked up that they feel the need to suggest it doesn't deserve all the praise, they're going to really be unhappy at the end of the year when it starts winning a shit-ton of  awards.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaneDev
    Not really sure this merited a thread on its own but I agree with you that the praise for the game was not overwhelming like it was for say GTA4. However 89 is an extremely  good score on Metacritic so its hardly under appreciated . I think people are very quick to criticize the periphery  aspects of the game like the action and shooting and ignore how good the core of the game is like the interrogations and the actual  crime solving. There is also the typical nitpicking people do about the release of any big name game especially a  Rockstar game.
    freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By freedo

For the record I agree, 89 is a crazy good score. But it certainly isn't the 98 or whatever that GTA IV got. The backlash still kinda feels the same to me. But I suppose people are aloud to have different opinions. Shocking, I know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.