Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

"deleted" blog

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By PaulRevere

[deleted]

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

Glad you're liking the game- I've finished it and can't wait to go back and 5-star all the cases and do the side stuff.  The main observation I'll make for you here is this:

I'm surprised (because gamers on this site are internet-hip) that it's turning out that most of the people playing LA noire and talking about it here have legitimate problems with any moral crisis Phelps seems to be having.  Very surprised.  I wasn't as shocked as you because I've known someone who shoots as straight on the one side, but does some horrid shit on the other (myself), and as such have a pretty deep understanding for the sort of fractured personality Cole seems to have.  But I sorta figured you internet-hip gamers would get that.  Guess not.  Anyways, enjoy!
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Vinny_Says

That asshole Roy would have found some other way to shit on Phelps because he was starting to discover just how crooked the Vice squad was. I feel like Team Bondi just found the easiest way to have Roy frame him and get him demoted, even if it makes Phelps totally out of character. It felt lazy that's all. Don't even get me started on the ending they chose.

I also like Marston a lot, like really a lot, the ending to RDR had a profound effect on me. I think that ending (or both to be fair) is one of the reasons RDR is my favorite game. All throughout they kept their characters true to their beliefs, LA Noire doesn't do that.

But everything else in LA Noire is so well done, it deserves the praise it gets.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I can't read this out of fear of spoilers, but yay for more bloggers! Keep at it!

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Zabant

Agree entirely. Prepare for people telling you its noir and that's what happens, people are humans and not the usual bastions of good and evil like they are usually portrayed in games. Cole cheating on his wife just made it clear everyone in the game is a lowlife and it made me lose all interest in their plight.

ayminole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ayminole

Hey, I'm that roommate, yay! Someday I will play LA Noire, even though I read this an parts are spoiled. I understand entirely what you mean about characterization. Even if I am a Chemistry major, I have a special appreciation for literature haha. Sounds like Cole cheating is like Batman killing somebody, it just isn't allowed! 

With that said, I still think John Marston and Bonnie should have hooked up, even though for the sake of his moral character, I guess i'm glad they didn't haha. But in Undead Nightmare it TOTALLY would have been acceptable! 
    enemymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By enemymouse

I won't be too specific, just keep playing and consider Phelps's history of following thing to the letter and whether he has any reason to doubt himself or his principles. Yes, what he does is bad, but it is still perfectly in character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.