Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 18, 2010

A departure from the usual gameplay of the Tomb Raider franchise, this download-only game features a fixed, isometric camera angle and concentrates on co-op combat, platforming, and puzzle solving.

Lara Croft DLC pack free for 30 days.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By White_Silhouette

Saw this over at joystiq 
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/17/first-lara-croft-dlc-pack-free-for-first-30-days-on-xbox-360/

It says the first dlc is going to be free for 30 days. So does that mean it's free to download for the first 30 days. If you want to get it after you have to pay. Or is it like the PS+ and it's free for 30 days. But after those 30 days you have to pay for it. Whether you've already downloaded it already or not?

Can anyone clarify this?

Iron_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iron_Past

Pretty sure it's just plain free for 30 days and after that you have to pay to get it. To my knowledge MS has never had anything on XBLA that charged you after playing it for a limited amount of time, sans demos of course. Though now you have me doubting myself..

nunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By nunami
    @White_Silhouette: pretty sure that the item will be free to download in the first 30days and after that it's paid content. Once you own it it's yours whether you buy it or not.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

This is a fantastic idea.  There are a lot of people, myself included, that wait for a sale for most XBLA titles.  If you want to do that with this game, you're going to miss out on some DLC.  If you supported the developer and bought the game at full price, you get a bonus for doing so. 

As for the game itself, I already bought it, and I'm really enjoying it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Personally, the game is worth more than the $15 price tag, so getting free DLC within the first 30 days...  Hell to the yes!

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By bed

i approve of this 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

Nice of them after delaying the online co-op.

Avatar image for spacemanspiffgbr
    spacemanspiffgbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spacemanspiffgbr

Very cool. Loving the game so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpaceInsomniac said:
    " This is a fantastic idea.  There are a lot of people, myself included, that wait for a sale for most XBLA titles.  If you want to do that with this game, you're going to miss out on some DLC.  If you supported the developer and bought the game at full price, you get a bonus for doing so.   As for the game itself, I already bought it, and I'm really enjoying it. "

You can still download the dlc without having the game, which i intend to do, in case I'll buy the game at a later point (sale)

1200 ms point and a promised 5 premium dlc packs which have already been made and just cut out of the game is bullshit.

seanbooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By seanbooker

Any idea when the DLC is going to be released in order to grab?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @BergDK said:

" @SpaceInsomniac said:

" This is a fantastic idea.  There are a lot of people, myself included, that wait for a sale for most XBLA titles.  If you want to do that with this game, you're going to miss out on some DLC.  If you supported the developer and bought the game at full price, you get a bonus for doing so.   As for the game itself, I already bought it, and I'm really enjoying it. "

You can still download the dlc without having the game, which i intend to do, in case I'll buy the game at a later point (sale)

1200 ms point and a promised 5 premium dlc packs which have already been made and just cut out of the game is bullshit.

"
    This game seems to be about as long as Shadow Complex, and I can tell right now that finding everything and completing every challenge room is going to take quite a bit of time.  Add the fact that the co-op is practically a completely different game, and this seems to be a good value to me.  Then again, Amazon recently was selling Chrono Trigger for DS and Saints Row 2 for home consoles for $15 each, so I can see your point if you think you can get more for your money elsewhere.

Even still, at what point do you feel 1200 points is a fair price for the debut of a downloadable title?  Would you rather developers not announce DLC anywhere near the launch of a new game, even if they're already working on it?  Would that make you feel better about getting the exact same product?

Also, where did you read that the DLC has "already been made" or "just cut out of the game"?  People need to stop having knee-jerk reactions whenever anyone mentions DLC in the first six months after the release of a game.  You're not entitled to all content ever made for every game you buy, and that content wouldn't have been made in the first place if it wasn't for DLC.  

Hell, even with the Assassin's Creed 2, which actually WAS cut out of the game, you still got PLENTY of game for your money.  Unless it's a paid download key to unlock on-disc content, people need to stop getting so worked up over the idea of DLC. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
    deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SpaceInsomniac:

Honestly I don't know whether they already made the dlc content, but if they haven't they really should fix the lack of online instead of making new content...

I grew up with "dlc" being free and will probably never see premium dlc as a positive... 

As for xbla games being 1200 Ms points, It just doesn't seem like the development cost and risk of a short development cycle by a tiny team justify the price.

I've for example bought 4 "new" games this month Metro 2033, Darksiders, Bayonetta and Mass Effect 2... each of them costing about 1600 MS points

renwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By renwood

None of those games are "new." :p

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.