Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 18, 2010

A departure from the usual gameplay of the Tomb Raider franchise, this download-only game features a fixed, isometric camera angle and concentrates on co-op combat, platforming, and puzzle solving.

Want to get into Tomb Raider series: which ones?

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

I'm going to get this one to play co-op with my GF, but in light of the very slick looking reboot, I want to go back and play through some of the Tomb Raider series. I plan on playing through all the Crystal Dynamics titles, Anniversary, Legend and Underworld. But beyond those, what should I play? Anniversary covers TR1, but are Tomb Raider 2 through 5 worth playing still?   

Also, should TR Legend be played before Anniversary? I know chronologically Anniversary comes first, but I have a copy of Legend but not of Anniversary yet..

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

TR 2 and 3 are still pretty decent titles. Anything after that just isn't good.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RainVillain

Yeah I'd heard bad stuff about Angel of Darkness and the likes. 

EDIT: Ok just figured it out. Well, I bought Anniversary on Games on Demand for 20$. Bought Legend used for 7$. Will pick up Underworld once I finish those two.  

For Tomb Raider 2, 3 and the likes, am I best off just downloading them off the PSN as PSone classics?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @bigmuffpi:  Unless you're a collector, just pick em up off of PSN.
    RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RainVillain

Not a collector. Though if I found them used for the PC, would that be a better version to go with? Aside from JRPGs, I find most PSone games to have not aged well, certainly in the graphics department but more importantly the load times being ridiculous.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @bigmuffpi: The older TR games tend to play better on a controller then a keyboard to me. I don't recall the load times being bad for it either but if you want a slightly prettier blocky game then you might as well pick up the PC versions and plug in a controller.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.