Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 18, 2010

A departure from the usual gameplay of the Tomb Raider franchise, this download-only game features a fixed, isometric camera angle and concentrates on co-op combat, platforming, and puzzle solving.

Why does it stutter so damn much when loading new areas?

AdmiralViscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AdmiralViscen

It did not do this in the demo but it does it almost constantly in the full version. At least for me.

Every time you cross a bridge, or get to the other side of a large open area, the music craps out and the game just stops and goes for 3-4 seconds at a time. It's even worse if you change your mind and decide to turn around - it has another seizure.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I am playing local co-op with a Gold and a Silver gamertag.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By louiedog

I haven't noticed this issue. I've played the first two levels alone and the first level co-op. The only difference is I never played it as a demo, I just downloaded the full game straight away. I don't know why that would cause your issue though. Maybe try clearing your cache and see if that helps.

blah37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By blah37

I have not had this issue either.  I played the demo and unlocked it later.  I am on the penultimate level in single player and have played the first level co-op (which I actually controlled both players, haha).  I agree that you should try clearing your cache.  You might try deleting some stuff you don't need too.  IIRC this is a 2 GB download, so I could see it possibly having trouble if your hard drive is near full capacity.  It is weird though that you did not have this problem in the demo.

Just out of curiosity, what size hard drive do you have and how full is it?

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By maxszy

Have not experienced this at all. Been playing co-op and probably have put in a good 5ish hours so far. Have had a couple different leveling ending weird bugs (progress saved so it didn't really matter) but nothing that's constant like that.

Hopefully for your sake, that gets patched soon!

AdmiralViscen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AdmiralViscen

120gb, about half full.

I will try it again later in the week when I have a partner again, maybe it was a fluke. It persisted throughout our session though.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter

Well it's a co-op game that they could not get the co-op to work in.
    I wonder why it's buggy.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Well it's a co-op game that they could not get the co-op to work in. I wonder why it's buggy. "
    The way I'm to understand it is that the online co-op is being patched in the same day that the PSN and Steam versions come out, which leads me to believe that they are trying to run everything on one specific setup rather than three different online components in order to reduce overall production cost.  It's a smart move.  Why put up a shitload of server farms for three different versions if you can build one basic online netcode for all three versions, then run them on something relatively smaller? 

I mean, that's all my assumption.  I don't know the ins and outs of game development, but that seems like it's what they are doing.  Therefore, it's less about "not working" and more about "we're aware that we're a downloadable game and we want this to be both a good experience for the gamers as well as profitable for us to make more of them".
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By trophyhunter
    @jakob187 said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " Well it's a co-op game that they could not get the co-op to work in. I wonder why it's buggy. "
    The way I'm to understand it is that the online co-op is being patched in the same day that the PSN and Steam versions come out, which leads me to believe that they are trying to run everything on one specific setup rather than three different online components in order to reduce overall production cost.  It's a smart move.  Why put up a shitload of server farms for three different versions if you can build one basic online netcode for all three versions, then run them on something relatively smaller?  I mean, that's all my assumption.  I don't know the ins and outs of game development, but that seems like it's what they are doing.  Therefore, it's less about "not working" and more about "we're aware that we're a downloadable game and we want this to be both a good experience for the gamers as well as profitable for us to make more of them". "

Well I'm just saying
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
    deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That sounds like the issue I have with my flash drive. I have 2 360's, so I put all my save games on a flash drive. Every time the game auto-saves, it stutters and pauses for a few seconds, and the issue disappeared by saving onto the harddrive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.