Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Sequel - Last Window Details

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Take On Me

New details have emerged on Cing's sequel to Hotel Dusk: Room 215, which is titled - Last Window. The sequel tells the tale of Kyle Hyde one year after the events in the original game. He's still lingering around in 1980s L.A,this time finding himself investigating the Cape West Apartments.  

The games story revolves around a novel known as Last Window. As with Hotel Dusk, the game will be dialogue rich and touch driven.  With every checkpoint you reach, you'll unlock a new chapter in the novel, and how you've played the game through decisions you make and interactions with other characters, effects the contents of the Last Window itself. The story will be standalone one, although there will be references and connections with the previous occupants of Hotel Dusk. 

For those not patient enough with Hyde's in-depth questioning techniques, you'll be able to ignore certain aspects of a conversation and skip through the story a little quicker thi time around, However, being impatient and ignoring too much of what you need to know, may cause a game over screen to appear. Last Window will feature also rumble pack support, which will most likely be used to highlight clues, and add a certain environmental effects when needed.      

Thanks to Duckroll on NeoGaf
#2 Posted by Crono11 (1635 posts) -

I really liked Hotel Dusk even though I never got around to finishing it. This will help give that little nudge I need to finally get around to doing that.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (23694 posts) -

I love Hotel Dusk, and I'm really looking forward to this.  Any word on whether or not Mila is making a return, or is Kyle the only one coming back?

#4 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

" I love Hotel Dusk, and I'm really looking forward to this.  Any word on whether or not Mila is making a return, or is Kyle the only one coming back? "

Cing are unlikely to divulge that kind of stuff given the nature of the game, but as I say in the OP, there will be references and connections, to the original game
#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#6 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

I never got around to buying Hotel Dusk after being rather interested in it since playing Phoenix Wright. That said, I still need to get Trials and Tribulations AND maybe Apollo Justice. Shame on me.

#7 Edited by Jeust (10454 posts) -

I never finished Hotel Dusk, and it was the first game i bought for my DS.  I have to finish now!

Is there a release date for the game?

#8 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Is it a derect sequal or is their some time between them
#9 Posted by Jeust (10454 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
" Is it a derect sequal or is their some time between them "
seems the latter.
#10 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

Beat the first one and I can't remember anything about it.

#11 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Famitsu Magazine have reviewed the game. 

Last Window: Midnight Promise - 9/8/8/7  (32/40)    

#12 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Game Intro

#13 Posted by LordAndrew (14420 posts) -

This is the first I've heard of this game. Why has no one informed me?

#14 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

I loved, loved, looooooved the first Hotel Dusk, its such a great game with a great ambiance and good writing. A true gem on the DS. This will be a buy for me for sure. CING is really doing something great with this franchise. It has lots of potential.

#15 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

#16 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

(continued)-AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

so excited!! Hotel Dusk is like my favorite adventure game!

#17 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

Its freaking awesome, and i love the artwork so much and the music too.

#18 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
#19 Posted by ashogo (943 posts) -

I'm dying waiting for this thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.