Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 08, 2010

Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is a team-based multiplayer shooter, featuring a Western setting and four playable character classes.

Lead and Gold (PSN) pushed to May 4th in North America.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Edited By recroulette

Many PS3 owners (myself included) were waiting for Lead and Gold to be released yesterday, only to be confused when nothing showed up with the update.
     Europe had their version out yesterday, and there were announcements that it was supposed to be out yesterday? So what happened?
     According to the official Lead and Gold forums, it will not be out until Tuesday, May 4th. (The first Tuesday PSN update).

Robin of Fatshark explains the situation:
    "The submission to Sony North America is separate from the submission to Sony Europe. One simply got finished before the other. Since we'd already released the game on Steam we opted for getting the respective versions out to our future players just as soon as we could rather than letting Europe wait for North America.

I'm sorry your version happened to be the one that took the longest but I hope you have understanding for the reasons behind our decision, we've just tried to get the game out to you guys as quickly as we can. "

While it is disappointing that NA PS3 owners get the game later, you have to give them credit for letting the ready versions out, instead of holding them back to wait for the other ones to get done. Of course, one can't help but wonder what this will do to the sales of the game. This knocks it to being two weeks away from the release of Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption. While I believe that there can never be too many Wild West games, this isn't the case for everyone.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By recroulette

Many PS3 owners (myself included) were waiting for Lead and Gold to be released yesterday, only to be confused when nothing showed up with the update.
     Europe had their version out yesterday, and there were announcements that it was supposed to be out yesterday? So what happened?
     According to the official Lead and Gold forums, it will not be out until Tuesday, May 4th. (The first Tuesday PSN update).

Robin of Fatshark explains the situation:
    "The submission to Sony North America is separate from the submission to Sony Europe. One simply got finished before the other. Since we'd already released the game on Steam we opted for getting the respective versions out to our future players just as soon as we could rather than letting Europe wait for North America.

I'm sorry your version happened to be the one that took the longest but I hope you have understanding for the reasons behind our decision, we've just tried to get the game out to you guys as quickly as we can. "

While it is disappointing that NA PS3 owners get the game later, you have to give them credit for letting the ready versions out, instead of holding them back to wait for the other ones to get done. Of course, one can't help but wonder what this will do to the sales of the game. This knocks it to being two weeks away from the release of Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption. While I believe that there can never be too many Wild West games, this isn't the case for everyone.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Gabriel

WAY too close to Red Dead

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By xyzygy

I hear this game is laggy on the PC... I'd hate to see the PSN version :|

RareDropRadio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RareDropRadio

Augh GAY! But hopefully the wait will help to make improvements.

schtoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By schtoor

Actually, it was never said that it would be out on the 22nd in NA. Only in EU. So I guess it's all going according to plan. I bought it on Thu as I live in EU and it's just tons of fun. And it's not lag, it's smooth as butter. 

I will get RDR too. But for $15, L&G is a steal. Get it.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Gizmo

I was planning on getting the PC version, it just got pushed back too close to RDR.

Let's be brutally honest here, this game will become void once RDR comes out.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Nadafinga
    @Gizmo: 
    I dunno...L&G and RDR are two very different games. Other than the western setting, these two games have very little in common. The $15 price tag will hopefully make it so that people don't feel it's an either/or situation, and are willing to try both.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.