supakoopatroopa's Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West (Steam) (PC) review

If you like TF2 or CS, you might like this game.

I got this on Steam for only $15. It's like Team Fortress 2 meets Gears of War. There are only 4 classes to choose from and not very many players online. I only saw 3 servers with about 3-12 people in them, and several times I was disconnected. As of now, the official Steam LaG (lol, lag) club has about 1,000 members, but I never see many of them playing.

The graphics are really good, as good as Team Fortress 2, even a little more realistic. It's fun, but not as involved as Team Fortress 2 or Counter Strike. Everyone just runs around shooting each other, and I'm not sure if you can get a cooperative team to actually do the objectives. At least that's what it seems like.

The gameplay is sort of limited, it kind of gets old quick. Maybe this wouldn't be the case if there were more people playing. There are a few maps, I've seen about 4 or 5. Respawning is kind of confusing, I just keep hitting E and sometimes I respawn at the base, sometimes at the location I died, sometimes along side another teammate.

Weapon power also seems unbalanced. It seems multiple shots with a high powered rifle are less effective and less accurate than a pistol.

The game is still new, so these problems will exist, but if you do end up getting it, you will be ahead of everyone else when they start later. It looks like this game could be a hit.