Any League of Legend'ers still play?

#1 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

Hey duders! I've recently been getting back into LoL with my whopping level 15 account and was wondering if any Giant Bombers still play? I keep forgetting the reason I stop playing is due to the community and I can only listen to so much raging with randoms before I want to smash my face into my keyboard!

Account is Llamaegg for those who actually care.

#2 Edited by yoshisaur (2606 posts) -

Sure, next time I log in I'll throw you an invite.

EDIT: or just throw me an invite at ccampb89

#3 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

Done & Done!

#4 Posted by HeroicDrinkingSong (149 posts) -

ScurvyProof if you want to add. I'm chilling with a lvl16 account and spend most of my time as support champions.

#5 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

Sounds a lot like myself lately, been getting back into Sona and even though her heal feels quite a bit weaker then I originally remembered, she's still pretty fun to play.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

I play at least five hours a week. There's so many other games out now that it's kind of tough to keep going back to it, especially when three of those games are SSX, Kingdoms of Amalur, and The Old Republic.

Also, I just realized that EA has me by the fucking balls.

#7 Edited by llamaegg (216 posts) -

I found I enjoy playing on my down time, tempted to grab SSX, and with ME3, Xenoblade as well as TxSF coming out next week it'll be hard to find time, but still wanting to throw in an hour or two here and there. Plus with how angry the community is I figured it would be a blast to just do a 5 man Giant Bomber group on mumble.

#8 Posted by Mascot (5 posts) -

I'm currently trying to work up the courage (and the Rune Page) to take the plunge on Ranked, been playing mostly Normals up until now. And I've also been running mostly support (Janna and Blitzcrank are too much fun). I'm Magic Moniker if you're looking to add another.

#9 Posted by President_Barackbar (3415 posts) -

Also, feel free to join the Giant Bomb chat room (just search for it in the chat section).

#10 Posted by Pandasteeler43 (44 posts) -

Been playing the game with a friend since i can't stand the dota 2 community anymore. Name is yojimbo43 if you want to add me.

#11 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

@President_Barackbar said:

Also, feel free to join the Giant Bomb chat room (just search for it in the chat section).

I was actually going to check and see if their was a GB channel and just never got to it. Absolutely fantastic to hear that their is one!@Tangerines said:

Been playing the game with a friend since i can't stand the dota 2 community anymore. Name is yojimbo43 if you want to add me.

Frankly as much as I love the MOBA style of game, it does seem to invite some of the worst communities I've ever seen in gaming. Haven't managed to luck out with a DOTA2 pass yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was much the same, as sad as it is to say.

#12 Posted by President_Barackbar (3415 posts) -
@llamaegg said:

Frankly as much as I love the MOBA style of game, it does seem to invite some of the worst communities I've ever seen in gaming. Haven't managed to luck out with a DOTA2 pass yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was much the same, as sad as it is to say.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I realized that MOBA games actually have lot in common with fighting games, which is the other genre that has an absolutely abhorrent community presence. I don't know what it is about both that seems to inspire such terrible hatred, but I'm sure the two are linked in a way.
#13 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

I recently started playing again, namely because of Fiora.

@llamaegg said:

What server are you playing on?

#14 Posted by Xeiphyer (5593 posts) -

I'm on the NA server, my main is Xeiphyer, but also add Xeiphyer Owns (with the space), since that account is level 12or something, so I can actually play against people with you on that one.

#15 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

@valrog said:

I recently started playing again, namely because of Fiora.

@llamaegg said:

What server are you playing on?

Whatever server I got defaulted on I guess? NA?

#16 Posted by Mascot (5 posts) -

@llamaegg said:

While I've seen a lot of total assholes in LoL, and even in my brief experience with Dota 2, I will sat that Super MNC seems to have a much more laid back community. Now, I think that's partially because it's still in beta and the only general chat room open has 2-3 game devs in it most of the time, but that is a pretty accepting group in my experience.

#17 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -

LoL is like hello kitty online compared to some MMO communities.

#18 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

@Example1013 said:

LoL is like hello kitty online compared to some MMO communities.

So LoL has more large headed cats then other MMO's?

#19 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -
#20 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

I'm not sure what's worst, being aroused by that image, or thinking how terrible that outfit would be in combat.

#21 Posted by Example1013 (4833 posts) -

When you can get a pentakill just off farm from laning phase, I don't think a revealing outfit is going to be too much of a problem.

#22 Posted by SilverShadow (188 posts) -

I'm level 30 and I've been playing this game since beta fairly off and on. If you ever need anybody to play with you can add me. My username is: Dragonia.

#23 Posted by psoplayer (237 posts) -

Unfortunately, the limited subset of the GB community that plays League isn't really big enough to have people around whenever you're in the mood to play. The community at /r/leagueoflegends has been a really good group of people to play with in the meantime.

#24 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Username: LordPopple

Mains: Yorick, Urgot

I need more people to play with, add me assholes I will murder for you.

#25 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

I thought there used to be an official player list where the fuck did that go.

#26 Posted by Ulain (315 posts) -
#27 Posted by llamaegg (216 posts) -

Oh hey, never noticed that their was an actual list, and what baffles me is all the time I spend lurking here I've never once seen it was only a month old! WIZARDS I SAY!

#28 Posted by SSully (4117 posts) -

I am currently playing right now. Any duders want to add me, the user name is SSully.

#29 Posted by Kill (298 posts) -

I've just started playing and I'm completely new to MOBAs. It's still a lot of fun to go into the occasional game though! If anybody wants to roll with someone who will probably have a 2/11 kd ratio by the end of the match, my username is SkyVeiled!

#30 Posted by SilverGalford (53 posts) -

i'm still playing league of legends

#31 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

@llamaegg: demontium is my handle.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.