Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Atrocious Downloader

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

Was the downloader always this bad to redownload this game? I'm trying to play this game on my brother's laptop, but I guess I've done something terrible...

I've started it twice and it stopped at 1%, and the last time it crashed on me...

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FluffyZombeh

Yup, it's pretty damn bad. Sometimes there isn't a problem but other then that yeah it's very shitty.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Detrian

The downloader? Yeah it's awful. Mine wouldn't stop crashing unless I had it running on top of everything else, the attention whore.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By shaunk

I just redownloaded this game after having not played since February and the downloader ran perfectly fine so I didn't know what you were talking about. But then I remember one of the previous times downloading it, it would just randomly stop downloading and not tell me. So id have to look at the numbers to make sure they were going up every half our or so, and if it paused I had to restart launcher. Seems to be off and on.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

The downloader is what stopped me from ever trying LoL. The experience I had was bad enough for me to totally give up on that game.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ds8k

Never had a problem with the downloader on two different machines. Maybe look around the LoL forums for a solution?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

You know what the worst part of the downloader is?

It doesn't properly install all the shit that you need to actually play the game if you are doing a fresh install. It gives you Pando Media Booster, but no Adobe AIR, no NET, nothing. In turn, you could download the game and install it from the downloader shit, but it could give you errors all day and you wouldn't know any better unless you've played the shit out of it and know these things. So dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.