Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Chat With Someone In-Game?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valrog

Is it possible for when someone is in a game to talk to someone who is not? Or in some other game?

Because if someone from my Friends' list writes something to me while I'm playing, I can still read the message in my in-game chat, but I don't know how to reply back.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By benpack

I don't think so. At least not to the best of my knowledge. I always get private chat messages from someone after the game ends.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valrog

Strange. They should really implement a /reply feature.

TheWadeBrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By TheWadeBrigade

It is definitely possible in normal games.  It used to not be possible in ranked games but I'm not sure if they changed that or not.

Just type  /r  into chat and it should automatically put the name of the last person who whispered you.

You can also use this to send a message to someone other than the last person to whisper you but you have to manually type in their name so the format is   /r "name" message

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By valrog
    @TheWadeBrigade:  Just tried it now, and it works. Thanks a lot.

Edit: It's funny because on the official site it says that you can make use of /ignore, /mute, /dance, etc. but if you change language to other than English (Spanish, French or German) it will actually show the /w command.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.