Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Ekko, The Boy who Shattered Time

Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Blannir

For those that missed it a new champion was unveiled at MSI 2015 today, Ekko, The Boy who Shattered Time. Really like the design for him and can't wait to see what his kit looks like later this week. I hope Riot keeps up the trend of having a video like this for each new champion cause damn do they look good.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Looks cool but I wonder how useful it will be. A Time Travel mechanic seems pretty borked on a big scale and I can't think how well it could be implemented. Looks like he's retaining damage after each jump so it couldn't be used as a heal. Maybe a shield or a guaranteed dodge?

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By viking_funeral

It's a cool concept, even if it seems to be a copy of an ult from DotA 2 (although this one doesn't heal the caster it seems). I look forward to see how it is played in competitive, though it took a long time for the scene to figure out Gnar, and it still really hasn't figured out Bard.

As an aside, GiantBomb isn't exactly a League of Legends community. This board seems very heavy in the DotA 2 camp, which is makes discussion about it hard. So be it. I'd recommend the subreddit for much more solid discussion (though it has been salty has hell since TSM shit the bed at MSI).

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Time mechanics seem really tricky to pull of in a multiplayer sense, which usually means that abilities end up really lackluster. Stuff like slowdown, usually, which isn't the most interesting aspect of time. But then replaying or rewinding while cool in concept seems either pointless or overpowered when you're playing against actual people.

noval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the cinematic it seems like it's a 2-stage ability, you set up the moment you want to rewind to and then get multiple jumps back if you need it. Might be ammo-based or maybe it has a scaling mana cost like Kassadins ult. Regardless it'll be tough to know just where his place will be without seeing his full kit and some numbers.

Really liking these little teasers though, Riot money can buy some fantastic animators it seems. Now if only they could spent some of that money on their terrible, terrible client. Oh well, I'll take what I can get.

Also, I think lol discussion still has a place here at GiantBomb even if Dota is the favoured moba, people who want to pretend that there can only be one can fuck right off imo. It's like that whole console-war nonsense except even more ridiculous.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Smite has a time god called Chronos that uses a time mechanic that I think works really well. His Ultimate allows him to rewind time gaining health and cooldowns back which might seem OP but as a caster he's incredibly squishy. Now this works well in a third person game so I'm not sure how well it would work in an isometric but similar mechanics could be used.

Loading Video...

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

My hope would be that Ekko actually rewinds everything on the map a few seconds (champions, minions, monsters, buildings, etc.), as in the video, he rewinds everything around him, but he seems to still feel any blows he received previously. I mean, if his kit was just "yo, he has a slow and a stun, but now we call it time magic, dawg", then I'd be very disappointed. Riot has been working towards very unique champions in the last couple of years (Yasuo, Azir, Kalista, Rek'Sai, Bard) after all.

Or, my other theory, is that Ekko is actually the code name for the replay system they have been working on for two fucking years.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NeoCalypso
    Blannir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Blannir
    Rolkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rolkien

Cool kit, look forward to playing him. I always love me more unique top lane champions.

also just realized i can jungle with him hope thats good too

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Christoffer

You LoL fans shouldn't be so apprehensive to speak your mind on the forums. Speaking for most Moba fans, I dare to say, it's welcomed.

There's a overwhelming representation of Dota fans here. Which is why we say this looks like a Weaver ult. But it's all about the minutia. Isn't it? The games are quite different.

The true enemy is Heroes of the Storm. Which I also like quite a bit ;)

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full revel is up, looks like a hella assassin depending on his AD ratios. Need to get to D3 before he comes out (word of advice, take a week off ranked when a new champion comes out). If he ends up with better flat damage i guess i could see him tanky top but his kit isnt built for that really.

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By benderunit22

Kind of underwhelmed by his kit. I mean, animation-wise it looks cool and it'll probably fun to play, but it looks like stitched together from existing abilities, which reminds me of Quinn's design.

- His passive is yet another "hit dude 3 times to get bonus"
    - His Q is a Sivir/Gnar boomerang combination
    - His W just kind of an aoe stun with a long cast time (like, the only point of this alternate reality flavor is to explain why he can move freely while casting) and has kind of a Zed passive bonus damage component.
    - E is dash followed by a point-and-click dash.
    - Ultimate is interesting, especially if you can actually, theoretically, recall, buy and ult back into lane if you're fast enough. But it's also just kind of a Zilean ult with a built-in blink.

I'm not saying he's bad or not fun to play, but I've been on some magical journeys and commanded sand soldiers around, so this one doesn't look that mechanically interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.