Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Have You Seen My Bear Tibbers?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187

How addicting is League of Legends at this point for me?  The best way to describe it is probably a poor analogy, but it feels like an accurate one. 

Seriously...have you seen my bear Tibbers?!
    World of Warcraft was that mainstay in my life, the one that I felt comfortable with and knew so well.  At some point, though, we didn't see eye to eye anymore, and we decided we needed a break like Rachel and Ross.  Along the way, WoW finally found its way back into my life after it had a bit of a personality overhaul and decided to treat me right.  It was working out quite well, almost harmoniously as a matter of fact...

...until League of Legends walked into the room like a bad bitch and we've been chokefucking ever since. 

League of Legends is exactly like that:  a dirty little whore of a game that you love and hate.  You hate what it's done to your relationship with other games, how it denies you so much time with so many other great pieces of work, and you also hate when it mistreats you.  However, when it's good, OH IS IT GOOD!  There's something about getting that impossible victory of pure fucking luck that makes you jump up and shout obscenities in joyous celebration like few other games can accomplish.  A solace almost encapsulates you when you kill that asshole who has been stomping your team for most of the game, just so you can type "LAWL" into general chat as a taunt.  When you level up, there is a great sense of forward progression that you EARNED.

Muthafuckin' P.I.M.P.
     Muthafuckin' P.I.M.P.
    For a free game, it's also amazing how well everything is set up...and how goddamn tempting it is as well.  League of Legends, being the dirty whore that it is, gives you the taste for free but eventually hopes you will toss her some ends.  All of the micro-transactions feel justified enough, and moreover, it feels like you are paying exactly what you want for the game.  You could buy all the champions in the game without spending a dime, but if you feel like Riot Games deserves some money for their work, then you can toss them a dime or two and you'll feel like you are still getting your money's worth. 

On a personal note, I have found that I do not like playing the role of melee in the game, which is an abnormality given my affection for melee in virtually every other game I play.  Instead, characters like Annie, Swain, and Malzahar have found their way into my champion list, and they are truly gratifying players.  The one thing that I've noticed in the last couple of weeks about League of Legends...is that virtually ANYONE can play League of Legends.  Sure, a good handful will probably never be able to compete on a high-end level, but the custom game setup is so damn easy that it really does not matter. 

The moral of this story is simple, folks:  when a game decides that it is going to steal all of your time, do not try to fight it.  You will not win.  League of Legends, you had me at "NEVER STOP FUCKING ME!". 

*P.S. - Bonus points of coolness for anyone who knows where that quote is from.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187

How addicting is League of Legends at this point for me?  The best way to describe it is probably a poor analogy, but it feels like an accurate one. 

World of Warcraft was that mainstay in my life, the one that I felt comfortable with and knew so well.  At some point, though, we didn't see eye to eye anymore, and we decided we needed a break like Rachel and Ross.  Along the way, WoW finally found its way back into my life after it had a bit of a personality overhaul and decided to treat me right.  It was working out quite well, almost harmoniously as a matter of fact...

...until League of Legends walked into the room like a bad bitch and we've been chokefucking ever since. 

League of Legends is exactly like that:  a dirty little whore of a game that you love and hate.  You hate what it's done to your relationship with other games, how it denies you so much time with so many other great pieces of work, and you also hate when it mistreats you.  However, when it's good, OH IS IT GOOD!  There's something about getting that impossible victory of pure fucking luck that makes you jump up and shout obscenities in joyous celebration like few other games can accomplish.  A solace almost encapsulates you when you kill that asshole who has been stomping your team for most of the game, just so you can type "LAWL" into general chat as a taunt.  When you level up, there is a great sense of forward progression that you EARNED.

Muthafuckin' P.I.M.P.
     Muthafuckin' P.I.M.P.
    For a free game, it's also amazing how well everything is set up...and how goddamn tempting it is as well.  League of Legends, being the dirty whore that it is, gives you the taste for free but eventually hopes you will toss her some ends.  All of the micro-transactions feel justified enough, and moreover, it feels like you are paying exactly what you want for the game.  You could buy all the champions in the game without spending a dime, but if you feel like Riot Games deserves some money for their work, then you can toss them a dime or two and you'll feel like you are still getting your money's worth. 

On a personal note, I have found that I do not like playing the role of melee in the game, which is an abnormality given my affection for melee in virtually every other game I play.  Instead, characters like Annie, Swain, and Malzahar have found their way into my champion list, and they are truly gratifying players.  The one thing that I've noticed in the last couple of weeks about League of Legends...is that virtually ANYONE can play League of Legends.  Sure, a good handful will probably never be able to compete on a high-end level, but the custom game setup is so damn easy that it really does not matter. 

The moral of this story is simple, folks:  when a game decides that it is going to steal all of your time, do not try to fight it.  You will not win.  League of Legends, you had me at "NEVER STOP FUCKING ME!". 

*P.S. - Bonus points of coolness for anyone who knows where that quote is from.
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Tordah

Yup, League Of Legends is insanely addictive and I hate it for that reason. I've been able to be completely sober for a couple of months now, and hopefully I don't get the urge to boot up it anytime soon. Last time I booted it up it ended with me getting back into it and binging on it. I don't think I played anything else that month.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Xandurson

I haven't played League of Legends but my friend plays it a lot and it looks cool. WoW continues to suck me in so I don't know if I ever will play League of Legends. But I definitely want to.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Jerry M

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jakob187
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " Jerry M "
    Huh?
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Yo i play this game. Its real good.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

You have just thoroughly convinced me that I should never touch this game. I avoid things that I might get addicted to. Except for coffee.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187

To update:  there was rarely ever a point when I played WoW that I got visibly angered by a game being down all day...like today. 

BTW, I play as Annie, Swain, and Malzahar for the most part.

hinderk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By hinderk

LoL is great. I suck at it, but can't stop playing for some reason. I normally play as Lux.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Vision

I love LoL, i mostly play In-Houses though. 

I main Nidalee, but i'll play whatever my team needs. :)

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Sorrowsan

LoL needs more love, its amazing for a free game. i mainly play tank types (rammus atm). Seriously everyone go try it
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakob187
    @hinderk: Lux is beasty, and her ult is monstrous in 5s. 

@Vision: Nidalee drives me nuts with all her escaping capabilities.  Almost as bad as Tryndamere. 

@Sorrowsan: Rammus got the nerf bat in the newest patch, and while I can tell he was nerfed, I can say that he still wasn't nerfed enough.
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vision

I'd say Rammus is probably alright now.

Nid is great, split pushing baby.

I am looking forward to the new Co-Op vs AI they're working on, color me curious.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jakob187
    @Vision: I can't wait for the Co-op vs. AI.  When I'm learning a new champ, I really REALLY don't want to play against "stand-in-one-place-and-do-nothing-to-survive" Soraka Bot.  I'm hoping that they really knock that one out of the park.
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vision

If they can get it to the level of the DoTA AI, I'll be super excited.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By fwylo

I've been playing a lot of LoL lately as well.  I played when it first came out, then something happened and I had to stop playing.  Probably some other game that stole me away. 

But like you say, that bad bitch walked right back in and grabbed my dick with full force... we fuck multiple times daily now.  It's fantastic.  I like to say I'm fairly good at the game, probably due to the mass amounts of DoTA I played back in the day.  

I've yet to actually give them any of my money though, just saving up IP like a mad man.  I've only played enough to buy Shaco and just hit about 5500 IP the other day.  I want to purchase a 6300 hero but I'm torn between Anivia and Irelia.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vision

I tend to buy everything with RP but runes. 

Getting a full rune page can be a bitch, if you spend the IP on champs.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jakob187
    @fwylo: Anivia wrecks in an AoE 5s comp.  I don't see a lot of Irelia's online.  Right now, the free characters they've been giving each week have been able to make massively cheap 5s comps, and the 3s comps have been goddamn retarded. 

@Vision: I've bought plenty of Riot Points (at least $60 worth by now).  I have no problem with it.  I played WoW for three years, and that's $15 a month.  In turn, I see this all as an investment in something that I enjoy playing.  If I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't do it.  There's nothing like hearing people say "nice skin" when I'm dressed up as Annie in Wonderland, though.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Azteck

I love the game, although I mainly play when I have friends to play with.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vision
    @jakob187:  I can't help but smile when people go "WOAH! Gentleman Cho" or "Awesome, Astro Teemo!" ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.