Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

How hard is this game for new players?

TopChef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Something about this game has intrigued me for awhile now... Mostly the whole "this is free" aspect of it.. Anyway, I was watching some kid play this at the school library and it looked intense. I couldn't quite figure out any game mechanics by watching other than it looks like some kind of RTS game. I'm currently in the process of downloading it now, but feel very intimidated by it. Due to the competitive nature of the game, I don't wanna be that guy who sucks and gets yelled at. I was wondering how high is the learning curve for new players? Also, any tips on what to do or how to get better including good learning videos or text would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking for a new game to play for a little while now and the lack of a price tag makes this seem worth it. Thank you!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

It's very hard to get into based on the one time that I played it. Also, in my first match someone told me to kill myself. So there's that!

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that's why I hate mobas, it's not the game that's the problem, it's the disgusting community that forms around them..

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@topchef: I've been playing League of Legends for about a week and haven't encountered the putative negatives of the LoL community. Pretty friendly so far. We can play some time if you want.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't find the south park scene on youtube where they go "We're going dowwwwn, we're gonna get creaaammmeed."

So yeah, you're going dowwwwn, you're gonna get creaaaamedddd.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Addfwyn

you can play vs bots to start with, all-chat is off by default so you won't have to listen to the ragging from the other team.

The most learning tends to be learning all the different champions, there's a lot now. On the other hand, at lower levels you'll have a MUCH smaller champion pool to learn than in Dota. Largely because most players at those low levels will be playing with whatever the free champions of that week are, which is a set of 10.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Play against bots or with a group of friends, or you may find yourself hitting LoL's notorious community. It's potentially hard to get into due to the frequent sweeping balance changes that the developers implement. This is just based on my experience, and the last time I played was around the end of 2012, I think?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.