Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

How is this fair?

Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sanryd

Now, I know some champions have better abilities than others, and that's fine. But, how is essentially giving a champion two lives fair? I'm talking, of course, about Zilean and his Chrono Shift ability. Aside from his annoying little time bomb ability, chipping away at your health over time when you're with him in a lane, how could the developers have seen this as a balanced character in the grand scheme of things? Every time I've played with him, he has only died once, if that. It's obvious why this happens, and I can't believe more people aren't annoyed by this. As soon as I got out of the game where I spent most of my time soloing the lane he was in, I never went back. I quit playing altogether, and I really sunk some time into this game before that happened. Anyone else think that this is a bunch of bullshit?

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dark_Jon

KIll him and when he gets back up, if he gets away, oh well, what can you do?

If he uses it on a teammate in a team fight immediately change targets. I usually start attacking Zilean at that point.

Cyklone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cyklone

Playing against Zileans are definitely annoying, but he is a caster, and therefore is very squish. LoL is a team game after all. I've had my share of games with good and bad Zileans; it just depends on who's using him. Plus when they use Chrono Shift. Zilean's THERE for like, 3 or 4 seconds before he revives, plenty of time for a surround in a team battle if you need to kill him that badly.  I wouldn't really call the Chrono Shift two lives either, it's like 1000hp at level 3(can be buffed with AP of course, but if he gets let's say 2000, that Zilean's already fed too much).

Lethkhar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lethkhar

If Zilean casts his ult, just target someone else. Especially if he's targetting himself; that just means he's not helping their carry at all.

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Virago
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " KIll him and when he gets back up, if he gets away, oh well, what can you do?  If he uses it on a teammate in a team fight immediately change targets. I usually start attacking Zilean at that point. "
    That's exactly what I do in these situations.
    jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By jimbo_n

Most good Zileans are so busy using it on someone else it shouldnt be a problem. If he ain't using it on someone else take that time to nuke an important carry.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By kishan6

it can be frustrating

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By leburgan

Man you must fucking hate anivia then

Mandaray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Mandaray
    @tankintheair315 said:
    " Man you must fucking hate anivia then "
    No kidding!

As for Zilean...I see the ability as balanced because, just like with Guardian Armor, it's pretty obvious that they're going to res, and honestly, your team would have to be at a serious disadvantage not to have the firepower to take down a recently resurrected character like that. It's not exactly like they're coming back at full strength, and the time delay between their death and the res is more than enough to gang up on them. I've never seen any player using GA or Zil's ult to last more than a few seconds after dying. At the  most, they might be able to take out a single player, or possibly even a turret/inhib, but really, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.