My game with Riot's own Phreak

Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

After a long night of losing ranked 5s with my friends, something magical happened. We hit the loading screened and realized we were up against none other than Phreak himself, along with a few other Rioters. It was one of the most fun games I've ever had. I went mid against him as Morde (I won on kills, he had double my CS). Anyways, they were all super nice, and we won.

#1 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

After a long night of losing ranked 5s with my friends, something magical happened. We hit the loading screened and realized we were up against none other than Phreak himself, along with a few other Rioters. It was one of the most fun games I've ever had. I went mid against him as Morde (I won on kills, he had double my CS). Anyways, they were all super nice, and we won.

#2 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Dota is...*sigh* nevermind. Congratulations on your victory duder.

#3 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -

Oh i hope you killed him a lot. I hope you survived any tower dives he did and made him die instead as well. Since he loves to do that so much in the spotlights.
#4 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

What the fuck is CS.

Also this is cool.

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish: He had hella more creeps than me

@Shirogane: He did in fact dive me, we got first blood but he typed "Worth It" so it was totally worth it.

#6 Posted by el_tajij (709 posts) -

@GlenTennis: Haha, oh wow dude - that's awesome. Congratulations on winning there my friend, he and his team must be fantastic players! Was it a tough match?

Also, grats for winning against Phreak's team with Anivia, I think she's the toughest champion to play by far. Playing her well is no easy feat.

#7 Posted by BakerTheZombie (75 posts) -

God, I love that Anivia skin. Been tempted to give her a shot just to buy the skin. Grats on the win!

#8 Posted by psoplayer (238 posts) -

What, no Trinity Force on Phreak? Obviously a fake.

#9 Edited by Mechwing (265 posts) -

Not good enough Ben. Not good enough. Also, i'm pretty sure scepters don't stack anymore.

#10 Posted by YI_Orange (1142 posts) -

He said he was playing as Morde so he could figure out exactly how to nerf him, right?

#11 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Mechwing: The Unique Passive that increases mana doesn't stack, but the regular passive that turns 3% of your mana into AP does. And since I usually end up with somehwere around 4.5k mana, that's another 180 AP per staff.

#12 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

theres better items to get thou!

#13 Posted by Garfield518 (404 posts) -

Ouch, Phreak's Morde build was pretty bad; far too many tanky items, not enough AP.

#14 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Mechwing said:

theres better items to get thou!

This is the highest-yield AP build in the game. If I would have gotten my 3rd archangels I would have had 1100 AP, coupled with my magic penn runes and boots I would have had around 20+20%, which is enough to deal with anyone who isn't a tank. I've been playing Anivia since this game was in a closed beta, and this is the build to use (unless they are super tanky, I'd get a void staff).

#15 Posted by ChickenPants (934 posts) -
@GlenTennis: Did any of you guys fanboy out and ask them questions about Riot/what might be in the pipeline or did you just keep it chill and concentrate on the game?
#16 Edited by Teirdome (262 posts) -

That's awesome, I'm completely jealous.  Also, further proof that Talon isn't that great.

#17 Posted by Giantstalker (1630 posts) -

Stories like this make me want to play Ranked.

But at the same time... it's Ranked...

#18 Posted by Witzig (327 posts) -
@Giantstalker said:

My thoughts as well
#19 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Witzig said:

@Giantstalker said:

My thoughts as well

I only play with a full group of friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.