Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Official League of Legends Live Streams thread

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JokerSmilez
    So, recently I've started watching high level players stream their games. There are some really good players who stream regularly and it's fun to watch that level of play and see how different it is from the lower levels. It's also fun to watch some high level players experiment with different builds, comment on their play, and sometimes just rage. You can also pick up some tips, tricks, and ideas from watching them. 

So, I thought I'd make a thread that could be a resource for information about good streams, some discussion, etc.

Main Streams

SoloMid.net   http://www.own3d.tv/live/2860

Main stream for the SoloMid.net site. ReginaId (spelled with an i, not an l), the #1 ranked player in 5v5 Solo Queue on the NA server, and main guy behind SoloMid.net streams here quite often as do several other high level players including Guardsman Bob, LocoDoco, and Chaox. When Regi plays, he uses his "smurf" account, ReginaLd, as he's trying to get the #1 and #2 spots on the ladder.

CLGaming.nethttp://www.own3d.tv/live/214
    Counter Logic Gaming's stream. Many different high level players (with both their main and "smurf" accounts) stream here including HotShotGG, current #2 ranked 5v5 Solo Queue player and captain of team CLG.

Roku -   http://www.own3d.tv/live/441
    Runs the League of Legends site Runeterra.com and does great commentary when he plays. Often answers questions in the chat, comments on recent patches, etc.

Pendragon - http://www.own3d.tv/live/2786
    Riot's Director of Community Relations, Pendragon (a.k.a. Steve Mescon) streams here. Almost exclusively plays Master Yi.   

Grackis http://www.own3d.tv/live/318
    Relatively high level player. Kind of a dick. Big rager. Fun to watch to him lose and then rage and blame his team mates when he was actually the one who cost them the game.  

TreeEskimo -  http://www.own3d.tv/live/6377 
    Does great commentary and answers questions in chat etc. He's also a writer on Runeterra.com, although he's not that active.       

List of Streams

SoloMid.net - http://solomid.net/streams.php?game=1

LeagueOfReplays.com http://www.leagueofreplays.com/streams/ 

CLGaming.net -   http://clgaming.net/media/livestreams/  
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Vision
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Vade
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Vision: @Vade: Thanks guys!
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JokerSmilez

Not sure if anyone was watching the CLGaming stream on thursday night, but HotShotGG was streaming with his smurf account (Kakasoul) and played a game with the stream, with the winner getting carried in a ranked game by him. 

After eventually getting a winner (it took a while), he played Nidalee, his main, and stomped some 1300 level ELO players. He finished 25-3-5 with all three snowball items (20 stacks on Mejai's, 20 stacks on Soul Stealer, and 16 stacks on Leviathan). It was hilarious and kind of awe inspiring to watch. Even the losers seemed to enjoy themselves. 

I haven't seen HotShotGG stream too much before but to watch him play against low level players, it became clear that guys at that level are playing a totally different game.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Azteck

I recently started maining Shen, do you know if any of those people play as him from time to time? I'd love to steal some tactics.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vision

Eskimo plays Shen here and there.

Unfortunately, I can't find any of his shen games with commentary anymore.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JokerSmilez

I don't know of any that play him specifically, but he's a popular champ in high level play, so you'll see him played a lot for sure and you'll definitely be able to pick some things up.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Vision
    @Azteck:  The main thing Shen brings to a team is split pushing. If your ult is up you should be pushing/farming a sidelane.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JokerSmilez

God, HotShotGG's Nidalee is so good. 

Watched him play Ryze earlier today too and he did not seem impressed. Didn't say new Ryze was bad, just "different".

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demyx

I enjoy watching the stream whenever i have down time or im working.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Demyx
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Vision

Yeah, i am.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Demyx
    @Vision said:
    " Yeah, i am. "
    your profile pic is the same as someone's wallpaper i've seen on the streams, not sure who, might be hotshot.
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vision
    @Demyx:  Yeah, I was surprised to see Jiji having the same Desktop background as me. :P
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Demyx said:
    " aww, double post.

anyone watching the National ESL tourney?

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/lol "
    Ya, I did. I only saw the second half of the second match of the final, but I was pretty certain CLG would close it out (and they did). 

The semi's were definitely the most entertaining with CLG almost losing to multiple DC's from Chauster and Team Solo Mid getting upset. Over 27,000 people watching at points too. Definitely good for the competitive future of LoL.  

Also, enjoyed the observer mode that they had going and Phreak commentary was good.
    Tobli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Tobli

I only got to watch the last part of DAO vs CLD, and Bears vs Solomid. I really liked the udyr in the bears vs solomid match. How was bears vs CLG?

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Vision

Bears was in the lead in terms of kills, towers and dragons early-mid.

The only reason CLG wasn't falling behind was becaues their CS was much higher and they were playing for the end game as usual.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JokerSmilez

Not sure if anyone was watching last night as HotShotGG was carried hard back to the #1 spot by BriuseLeet and his absolutely GODLIKE Urgot. He made jiji's Urgot look "decent". 

Final score of 23-2-7, which if you're not accustomed to watching high ELO streams is totally unheard of to have that many kills. 

What makes it crazier is that BruiseLeet is kind of known for not being that good when compared to many others of his 2000+ ELO rating, but it's known he plays a mean Urgot. 

Manyreason and jiji who were both in the game and in the vent channel could not stop laughing as everyone involved was super impressed by the amount of dominance displayed (except Elementz who was pretty upset, especially with FeedFest and TaeRang  who were playing like garbage).

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By valrog

I don't usually watch streams, but a friend told me to go to own3d.tv and see a video of Swain. He absolutely destroyed Vladimir in Mid, it was kind of awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.