Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Reset Your Passwords

cloudyimpulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cloudyimpulse

I just got this email seconds ago. Looks pretty legit. Just passing it along.

The security of your information is critically important to us, so we're really sorry to share that a portion of our North American account information was recently compromised.

What we know: user names, email addresses, salted password hashes, and some first and last names were accessed. This means that the password files are unreadable, but players with easily guessable passwords are vulnerable to account theft.

Additionally, we are investigating that approximately 120,000 transaction records from 2011 that contained hashed and salted credit card numbers have been accessed. We are taking appropriate action to notify and safeguard affected players. We will be contacting these players via the email addresses currently associated with their accounts to alert them. Our investigation is ongoing and we will take all necessary steps to protect players.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to consult the player support knowledge base or reach out to player support directly.

As a measure to make your accounts safer, within the next 24 hours we'll require players with accounts in North America to change their passwords to stronger ones that are much harder to guess. At such time, you'll be automatically prompted to change your password when you attempt to log in to the game.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ottoman673

Man, fuck hackers.

Edit: just logged in and did not get any prompt to change my password, however I did have a patch. Who knows

Edit 2: Official Statement from Riot

pnevares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

The prompt to change your password is live on NA now.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nights

I'm glad I have a unique password for every site I frequent. Anyway, this is getting rather old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.