Snowdown Showdown 2012

#1 Posted by pnevares (64 posts) -

Simple question, what do you guys think of this year's Snowdown Showdown, and specifically the Gifting Center?

#2 Edited by Garfield518 (403 posts) -

I've been given a bunch of free stuff from friends who want the summoner icons, so I love it.

#3 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

i wish i could unlock champions for people with influence points

#4 Posted by L44 (550 posts) -

The skins are cool and the gifting system has been sorely missed for ages. What did you guys think of the removed Kat recall? I thought it was pretty gross but havent heard many other opinions on it.

#5 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

Aren't they taking the gifting system out once this event is over?

#6 Posted by pnevares (64 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse

Aren't they taking the gifting system out once this event is over?

We are, but our intention is to evaluate how it preformed to potentially bring it back permanently.
#7 Posted by Mystyr_E (1189 posts) -

@pnevares: uh......"our"?

#8 Posted by pnevares (64 posts) -
@Mystyr_E

@pnevares: uh......"our"?

I think I've mentioned once or twice in this forum that I work on this game, specifically on the Store team.

What's your opinion on the celebration you see when you receive a gift? Is it fun, or overkill?
#9 Posted by slyspider (1142 posts) -

I like it, seems a little, 'hey please spend real money on your friends' since you cant use IP on the gifts

#10 Posted by canucks23 (1087 posts) -

I want winter Summoner's Rift :(

#11 Posted by pnevares (64 posts) -
@canucks23 I'm a sucker for winter/holiday-themed stuff, I miss it too. I'm glad the new TT lined up with Halloween this year, though.
#12 Posted by darkvare (758 posts) -

was mf christmas skin legacy or was it limited cause i'm a collector of everything and that's the only one i'm missing of her skins

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.